Toast Luke Shuey

Remove this Banner Ad

Shuey still has the hunt and effort, but his body is cooked. He can't keep up with other players now and can't apply enough pressure on transition. We could potentially play him on HFF, but that's also a position that requires a lot of pressure and good closing speed. I'd prefer that he bow out this year with his head held high, rather than going one year too many and becoming second-rate
The tragedy is that he is our classiest mid still and the only player with real burst pace and an A grade delivery.

The tragedy is that he is our classiest mid still and the only player with real burst pace and an A grade delivery.
That's just the reality of a rebuild. We'll be hoping that some of the young guys step up over the next few years (Culley/Chesser/Hough and pick 2 2022).

That's just the reality of a rebuild. We'll be hoping that some of the young guys step up over the next few years (Culley/Chesser/Hough and pick 2 2022).
None have shown that burst - hence it probably isnt there. See Judd game 1, you have it or you dont. But we must look longer term I fully agree. Thus my use of the term - tragidy

Deserves a bump after some poor chat on him having a rest this week.

Also seen a lot of calls on him being a poor captain.

I doubt there is another player in the AFL that works as hard for his team, you can visibly see him putting in everything he has every time he is out on the field.

32, multiple injuries and he was still the best player out there last week.

Out of all the effortless plodders on our list it’s disgraceful some take aim at the bloke giving it his all.

Deserves a bump after some poor chat on him having a rest this week.

Also seen a lot of calls on him being a poor captain.

I doubt there is another player in the AFL that works as hard for his team, you can visibly see him putting in everything he has every time he is out on the field.

32, multiple injuries and he was still the best player out there last week.

Out of all the effortless plodders on our list it’s disgraceful some take aim at the bloke giving it his all.
Not taking him to brisbane is a good decision. Certainly not something i would not be critical off.

He loves the club and gives it everything on the field as evident against the saints.

I could see value in keeping shuey on for another year impart his wisdom on the kids and delist XON, TREW, CLARK, FOLEY, ROTHAM.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a non official concussion rest as he took a pretty heavy head knock and looked damn groggy afterwards during the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back