Strategy Lukosius All In POLL

Should AFC trade 3 late 1st round picks for pick 1 (Lukosius)

• No way!

• Let's go for it

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The club needs to be careful of not falling into the Gibbs dilemma again

How much do we value Lukosius V price. Love him and think he is going to be fantastic. But at what price? All of our picks under 15? 1 more? 2 only?

I hope we dont sell most of our future trying to negotiate a deal

We would be mad to load up on one player when there are so many good kids in the first round.

We’ve got a few weaknesses we could address in the one draft.

I agree, we’ve got to be careful with Lukoscious. If the right deal comes along, grab him, but we may be better off focusing our efforts on grabbing 2-3 of Hately, Rankine and Rozee, especially if Sloane goes. Try and get 2-3 picks between 5 and 12, instead of maybe pick 1 or 2(which may not grab Lukoscious anyway).

Let’s look at what we will have to play with

Pick 7
Pick 8 (Sloane)
Pick 14/15 (Lynch)
Pick 15/16 (Melbourne)
Pick 19 (Blues)
2019 first rounder
Trade bait: Hartigan (if we get JGov), Jenkins, CEY, Kelly, Atkins

Have to trade out our 2019 first and back ourselves to rebound. Get rid of Jenkins in a deal that lands us Lukosius.

E.g. Pick 8 + 2019 first + Jenkins
Pick 14 and 15 use on mids.
Result: Lukosius, Rankine, 2 first round mids + Pick 19

There’s enough value here to get each type of kid we need minus a ruck.
And then he said "Say it with me, you pancake-eating mother*er."

I like this, but I think it's Draft Day level of fantasy

And then he said "Say it with me, you pancake-eating mother******."

I like this, but I think it's Draft Day level of fantasy
It may be fantasy but I think its achievable. The Pick 2 deal may not work with Jenkins but I would be using three of those chips to get Lukosius. Him and Fogarty would set us up for a decade long period of success so long as we draft and trade well around them. Jenkins wont be netting us a premiership and he still has currency as a proven 40 goal plus a year key forward. Brisbane may be interested to have more immediate improvement with a forward line of Cameron, Jenkins, Hipwood, Rayner, McStay.

Actually that's not a bad call, if Sloane left and we got a pick ~15 for Lynch, that'd leave us with

1, 6 and 15 in the first round, getting us Lukosious, Rankine/Hately and one of Rozee, Berry, Sparrow... Etc etc

Say Melbourne end up with pick ~16 rather than 12, would you still do it? Obviously this is all anecdotal, but it also gives you bargaining chips for trades of players in that middle age group.
No ones giving us a first rounder for Lynch in this draft the way Lynch has been spudding it up

Let's get two firsts for Shooter. Trade those two picks along with another of our firsts for pick 1 and bring in Lukosius.

If Lever and Gibbs at his age were worth two firsts, a contracted Shooter is as well.

Turn Shooter and a first rounder into Lukosius.
Like the idea ... though maybe we'll now have to draft in more bodies than originally anticipated? :eek::(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have Fogarty.
Borlace and Sladojevic waiting in the wings.
Go full rebuild with our key forwards with Tex to remain and Fogarty to be our no. 2 KPF from 2019.

McGovern to Freo for their first (Pick 5)
Lynch to Geelong for Pick 14.
Pick 8 (Sloane compo), Pick 14 and 2019 first for Pick 1 and Pick 25 (Our Second)
Jenkins for Pick 20.
Trade CEY and Kelly for 3rd rounders.

Raid the SA talent!
1 Lukosius (kpf)
5 Hately (mid)
7 Rankine (small forward/mid)
13 Rozee (half-forward/mid)
20 Williams (ruck)
25 Valente (mid)
37 Munn (kpf/kpd)
43 Grundy? (kpd)
Kelly - Francis (third tall)
CEY - Lycett/Preuss (ruck)
61 Lochiwiak (half back)

Out:
Sloane, Jenkins, Kelly, Lynch, McGovern, Mackay, Hampton, Cheney, Otten, Dear, Gibson

Last edited:
We have Fogarty.
Borlace and Sladojevic waiting in the wings.
Go full rebuild with our key forwards with Tex to remain and Fogarty to be our no. 2 KPF from 2019.

McGovern to Freo for their first (Pick 5)
Lynch to Geelong for Pick 14.
Pick 8 (Sloane compo), Pick 14 and 2019 first for Pick 1 and Pick 25 (Our Second)
Jenkins for Pick 20.
Trade CEY and Kelly for 3rd rounders.

Raid the SA talent!
1 Lukosius (kpf)
5 Hately (mid)
7 Rankine (small forward/mid)
13 Rozee (half-forward/mid)
20 Williams (ruck)
25 Valente (mid)
37 Munn (kpf/kpd)
43 Grundy? (kpd)
Kelly - Francis (third tall)
CEY - Lycett (ruck)
61 Lochiwiak (half back)

Out:
Sloane, Jenkins, Kelly, Lynch, McGovern, Mackay, Hampton, Cheney, Otten, Dear, Gibson

Pick 5 is way unders for a contracted McGovern. This guy is going to be an absolute star of the competition.

We won’t get better though, let’s be real. If we can pick up an A grade mid from McGovern leaving and bundle three of our picks for Lukosius I won’t mind too much.
Well, grab their 2019 first as well then ... Reid is going to be busier than a blue arsed blowfly on a live export cargo ship during trade week.

We won’t get better though, let’s be real. If we can pick up an A grade mid from McGovern leaving and bundle three of our picks for Lukosius I won’t mind too much.

We don’t have to let McGovern leave at all. We can still trade for him at the end of his contract too. No way I would cave for unders on a contracted player. Freo traded Weller for pick 2. Pick 5 is not good enough.

JR " Hey Hame, umm mate how long is your prospects list? '
HO ' its a super draft I have 6 strong kids I think can play 100+ easy'
JR ' umm Hame you may need to look at about 6 more kids and put them on your list'
HO ' s**t'

Back