Opinion Heretier Lumumba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club has an inglorious history with racism, we are not the only club but, our history is ours to own -warts and all.

Given our status, our history is perhaps weaponized against us more than other clubs but again, that is ours to own and to turn around.

What I want to see is the club address this head on, own up to its past, own up to its present and go above and beyond the expectations of all supporters and all Australians to delightfully surprise us with its level of commitment and the actions it is prepared to take -to not only eradicate racism and prevent it from occurring in future at our great club- but to also reconcile with our past and seek forgiveness in the community.

I am a proud Collingwood supporter and I want my club to be the best in every aspect of what being a club, being a community and being a leader is all about -on and off the field- in the sporting goals it pursues, in the leadership it portrays, in the examples it sets and in the community it cultivates and promotes. Be above question, be open and transparent, honest and exemplary, be the club every organization in the land desires to be and don't stop until that is indeed what we are, side by side for all, with all and above all.

Thats all good and well and true and fluffy.

Claims made against the club however need to be backed up with specifics, and preferably with hard evidence that what is claimed to have happened, actually happened. Then there is something to investigate. Otherwise its just cliches and platitudes.

Thats all good and well and true and fluffy.

Claims made against the club however need to be backed up with specifics, and preferably with hard evidence that what is claimed to have happened, actually happened. Then there is something to investigate. Otherwise its just cliches and platitudes.

I didn't think any of us would still be asking for hard evidence of our contentious history with regards to race, the historical evidence is out there in the public domain and few if anyone is really disputing that. It is also well accepted that we have done alot as a club already to address the issues, but clearly more needs to be done. When it comes to Lumumba I am not making judgements on his claims specificly but again, no one dispites he was given the nickname he presents.

This is about getting it right for the future.

As supporters who love our club, in any crisis usually the first and somewhat emotional reaction is to circle the wagons and return fire. However, sometimes they sound like cliches because we are sick of hearing about them, but that doesn't make them wrong. I hope and believe that the fact we have mounted a supposedly independant inquiry means that the club is committmed to doing more and finally, getting and setting things right going forward.

Crikey mate, we are in enough trouble without the second part of that first line!!!

Into the jungle refers to a second rate celebrity show.
Swanny was on it it so can't be racist.:thumbsu:

Ok, I've backflipped on Lumumba. Everything he says is right. Eddie and Bucks are terrible and need to go. Lumumba winning the case would be the best thing for us to move forward in a positive direction, both on field and off field.

Ok, I've backflipped on Lumumba. Everything he says is right. Eddie and Bucks are terrible and need to go. Lumumba winning the case would be the best thing for us to move forward in a positive direction, both on field and off field.
Good luck Heritier - move quickly...........soon there'll be nothing left to sue

H reckons he’ll be back at the pies in 2022 , with Paul Roos as the senior coach

E2YIWSSVEAM-0h0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He seems pretty happy with himself.
Wasn’t he meant to be the one who has the last laugh... or the one who was promised... or the one who pulls the sword from the stone...? I forget but he ought to be happy one way or another.

H reckons he’ll be back at the pies in 2022 , with Paul Roos as the senior coach

E2YIWSSVEAM-0h0
If Lumumba ever comes back to Collingwood in any paid or official capacity then my interest in AFL football and Collingwood will be zero. The guy will always be a total w***er in my eyes despite the PC overtures from the new president.

If Lumumba ever comes back to Collingwood in any paid or official capacity then my interest in AFL football and Collingwood will be zero. The guy will always be a total w***er in my eyes despite the PC overtures from the new president.
Surely this is either a prank or Harry just vying for attention. But I agree if Harry ever comes back in any capacity, or is even recognised in way shape or form I am out.

Surely this is either a prank or Harry just vying for attention. But I agree if Harry ever comes back in any capacity, or is even recognised in way shape or form I am out.
Korda apologised to him. Big mistake in my books and certainly guaranteed Korda would never have my support.

”Recognised in any capacity”?
The man is a Collingwood Premiership hero. Not many of those these days.
As such he is guaranteed to be a life member of CFC.
Like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back