Rumour Lumumba on his third strike

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit harsh. Acted like a flog at the Pies towards the end but has done nothing like that at the Dees so far.
He was also an important player in a premiership side at the Pies but has done nothing like that at the Dees so far.

I thought the 3 strike policy changed and now their name was to be made public?

Also i thought when the policy changed everyone went back to 0 strikes as its a new policy.
Since when has the AFL ever paid attention to its own policies. Remember they never actually said Melbourne was guilty of tanking.

Now I know why he was brushing off his shoulder

258945_cbfc92995cb5e55ce348993c28fd3e07.gif

Wouldn't surprise me if this guy deliberately received a 3rd strike for the attention.

Yeah wouldn't surprise me one bit.

He's probably got a "heroic comeback from the depths of drug addiction" storyline planned out which he will use as a launchpad to further his political activism.

I always liked Heritier. My favourite part was when he was the only one who had the guts to stand up to Bucks. Sure he carries on and goes OTT but at least he's interesting, unique, and has a different perspective. Shits all over listening to a Chris Judd interview.

(I have no opinion either way about Heritier - (although I did find his Rastafarian excuse for pot pretty funny), but I'm just popping in here to say I used to enjoy Judd's occasional written columns a few years back. (Not sure if he still writes or not as I don't read newspapers anymore)
But his column used to sometimes veer far away from football and become quite philosophical, and were well written.
A refreshing change from all the other same old type of stuff

I always liked Heritier. My favourite part was when he was the only one who had the guts to stand up to Bucks. Sure he carries on and goes OTT but at least he's interesting, unique, and has a different perspective. Shits all over listening to a Chris Judd interview.
Some Heritier gems..

“Collingwood has allowed me to define my character and also to find the true meaning of my true name ... which means the prince, the one who will have the last laugh, and (who) is gifted,”

“I’m going through a history ... of things for a long time, including a long and very complicated history of sexual abuse, suicide, depression, seeing someone get murdered, knowing who murdered that person and not being able to say anything, knowing that person will probably murder you.”

“This is about the voice of the children’s cries I still hear from the HIV-infected orphans I cared for in Africa, the millions of women violently abused throughout Australia, depressed men who see no other option but to end their lives through their own hands, indigenous youth following a chain of dysfunction, forgotten homeless mental health sufferers throughout Australia, and immigrants to Australia who have trouble integrating into Australian culture,”

Each to their own but I find a lot of what he says to be self absorbed bulldust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some Heritier gems..

“Collingwood has allowed me to define my character and also to find the true meaning of my true name ... which means the prince, the one who will have the last laugh, and (who) is gifted,”

“I’m going through a history ... of things for a long time, including a long and very complicated history of sexual abuse, suicide, depression, seeing someone get murdered, knowing who murdered that person and not being able to say anything, knowing that person will probably murder you.”

“This is about the voice of the children’s cries I still hear from the HIV-infected orphans I cared for in Africa, the millions of women violently abused throughout Australia, depressed men who see no other option but to end their lives through their own hands, indigenous youth following a chain of dysfunction, forgotten homeless mental health sufferers throughout Australia, and immigrants to Australia who have trouble integrating into Australian culture,”

Each to their own but I find a lot of what he says to be self absorbed bulldust.
And Hamish McLachlan and every prick on the Footy Show isn't self-absorbed? People sleeping with people they shouldn't, betraying friendships, cutting notions of loyalty... every in the industry is looking out for number one, everyone just has a different way of showing it.

All I'm saying is if I see one more ******* footballer have a half-time show montage of them cutting sick on a wave, telling the cameras how much they love hanging out with their dog "and just mother nature" one more ******* time, I'll smash my Samsung. The AFL is full of all these bland arseholes. Every player has a t-shirt line, a stupid model girlfriend, and everyone tries to act so unique with tatts and beards and surf boards. Heritier is a different sort of fella.

I find it funny how people had a go at him for discussing murders and a rough life growing up. FFS the bloke grew up in a Favela and ended up in the Fitzroy Housing Commission, where so many serious and sad things go down. Why does everyone universally say he's attention seeking or lying when he pulls that card, yet more people support Adam Goodes or believe Mitch Clarke shouts 'I'm depressed' again. People pick and choose.

I'd rather listen to Heritier talk about life and his perspective over a beer, than I would Chris ******* Judd or someone we're supposed to find kooky and interesting, like Bob Murphy.

And Hamish McLachlan and every prick on the Footy Show isn't self-absorbed? People sleeping with people they shouldn't, betraying friendships, cutting notions of loyalty... every in the industry is looking out for number one, everyone just has a different way of showing it.

All I'm saying is if I see one more ******* footballer have a half-time show montage of them cutting sick on a wave, telling the cameras how much they love hanging out with their dog "and just mother nature" one more ******* time, I'll smash my Samsung. The AFL is full of all these bland arseholes. Every player has a t-shirt line, a stupid model girlfriend, and everyone tries to act so unique with tatts and beards and surf boards. Heritier is a different sort of fella.

I find it funny how people had a go at him for discussing murders and a rough life growing up. FFS the bloke grew up in a Favela and ended up in the Fitzroy Housing Commission, where so many serious and sad things go down. Why does everyone universally say he's attention seeking or lying when he pulls that card, yet more people support Adam Goodes or believe Mitch Clarke shouts 'I'm depressed' again. People pick and choose.

I'd rather listen to Heritier talk about life and his perspective over a beer, than I would Chris ******* Judd or someone we're supposed to find kooky and interesting, like Bob Murphy.

I reckon having a beer with him would be a completely unique experience, i'd love to do it

Which is precisely why I said "each to their own".

Anyway he came to Australia when he was 3 years old so it's not as if he grew up struggling in the Brazilian slums with all the other street urchins and he grew up in Perth not Fitzroy in pretty comfortable middle class surroundings. Also he does have a beard, tatts and did have the model/TV presenter girlfriend, so he isn't necessarily that different to other AFL types.

He may well have had a difficult upbringing but that's not unique to him either. Wayne Carey had an atrocious childhood yet I see very little empathy for him from the wider football public. David Schwartz witnessed his own fathers murder yet carved out a decent football and media career without trying to highlight this tragic event and the ongoing effect it had on him.

I do believe Heritier does have some underlying issues as his erratic public pronouncements and disruptive behavior at Collingwood in his final years indicates but I also believe Mitch Clarke about his struggles as well likewise Wayne Schwass and Nathan Thompson. Mental illness doesn't discriminate.

What I don't buy is his attempts to make himself into some AFL equivalent of Muhummad Ali, being a spokesperson for all the worlds ills. Kids starving in Africa, domestic violence, racism and youth suicide are bad? Well no s**t Heritier. Brighter people than you have said if before and more succinctly than you ever could. What I don't see is Lumumba offering anything tangible about fixing these issues which just makes him just another grand stander saying all the right things to show how much he cares and feels imo. Spare me. Who doesn't want to see these complex issues dealt with as well? I find him out of his depth when it comes to these difficult societal issues and don't think he's any more or less intellectual or interesting than the stock standard footballer just because he highlights these issues.

Sadly old mate Harry desperately strives to be somebody...anybody except himself..he has seen dozens of players 'make it' but alas his turn just didn't come and for that he will remains forever jealous...I suspect his next calling will be fringe politics.....where old mate can finally make that public stand he has always wanted to ...I mean that's what famous people do don't they ?

You know, the people you listen to don't have to be footballers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back