FTA-TV Luther

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the series over the past week. Great show but was a bit disappointed in the final. Just didn't feel like the end of a series. Then I find out they're releasing another season later this year:thumbsu:

Watched the series over the past week. Great show but was a bit disappointed in the final. Just didn't feel like the end of a series. Then I find out they're releasing another season later this year:thumbsu:

Pretty much whenever Idris Elba is bored they make more Luther

I love my UK Crime series and Luther is undoubtedly a solid one... BUT I'm gonna have to say that overall it is a little bit over-rated. It strongly relies on Elba & Wilson's acting & characters imo.

That two episode Season 4 may as well have never existed (especially without Wilson), while the writing in the 1st and (to a lesser extent) 2nd season is often extremely clunky (some of Luther's swift deductions are ridiculous, while Mackintosh's character was straight out of a C-grade U.S series).

Furthermore, I'm unsure that I've seen a worst miscasting in the 21st century than Saskia Reeves as Luther's boss in Season 1. Good Lord, did she look out of place... While her character may as well have been a secretary the way Luther just did what he wanted & ignored her. I'm not surprised that she didn't return and at least Schenk tried to rein him in a little in subsequent seasons.

Don't get me wrong, I'm being critical with the above thoughts... Because there haven't been too many series with 2 such strong lead characters and actors, while Warren Brown also added to the mix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back