LVFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And you will all be flabbergasted to learn that Ladsons suspension had been reduced to 3 weeks. A total farce the whole friggin thing
That's weak as piss, king hits need to be stamped out of the game, how would ladson like to be king hit to start the grand final, why did the club appeal this one, diesel is free to play it's not like they need ladson, it would have shown some sportsmanship by bridgy to take ladson's suspension on the chin, just like his victim

Broadford was never kicked out of the Comp. however it's lucky they aren't currently in your Comp because they would win the flag by 15 goals

They were kicked out but subsequently allowed to re join. this is a LVFL thread mate but so no more Broadford talk but I reckon Bridgewater would go not too bad against them just quietly

They were kicked out but subsequently allowed to re join. this is a LVFL thread mate but so no more Broadford talk but I reckon Bridgewater would go not too bad against them just quietly
played senior footy for 11 years been involved with the club im at now for 10 years never had any player from any grade cited yet these blokes have had at least 6 in less than a couple of seasons-is that correct?

I thought broadford only competed in the heathcote league ?
Before they went back into the riddle.

That is correct. They were bought up in a conversation regarding Bridgewater player behaviour/suspension etc which were being compared to what Broadford were like when they were removed from the Heathcote league
Oh I see mate ! Got you !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never remember multiple players from Broadford ever being investigated by the league or VCFL at the time Roota

Isn't it funny how no one has mentioned anything about the incident involving a Marong player this week..... head butting a Bridgewater player and now being suspended for 2 years following a seperate incident. Seems like a few people here just have it in for Bridgewater. And mind you doesn't the man who is behind all the Bridgewater bashing (ROOTA#6) play for Marong?

Isn't it funny how no one has mentioned anything about the incident involving a Marong player this week..... head butting a Bridgewater player and now being suspended for 2 years following a seperate incident. Seems like a few people here just have it in for Bridgewater. And mind you doesn't the man who is behind all the Bridgewater bashing (ROOTA#6) play for Marong?

Welcome to Big Footy Dasha.

Have only just heard about it and it is completely unacceptable behavior you won't hear me condoning it or defending the actions of the player.

Mate I am not the one behind the Bridgewater bashing at all. I have strong opinions on any on field violence from any club. Having suffered serious injuries as a result of on field incidents that have had a huge impact on my life I hate to hear and see other people suffering the same kind of things. People need to realise that incidents are dangerous and can have long lasting impacts on people for years to come.

I think you will find that there are plenty of people on here and in the league in general that have also have strong opinions also.

Bridgewater are a cracking football side and have achieved amazing things and well done to them but you cannot deny there have been some ordinary incidents occur involving some of their players

Welcome to Big Footy Dasha.

Have only just heard about it and it is completely unacceptable behavior you won't hear me condoning it or defending the actions of the player.

Mate I am not the one behind the Bridgewater bashing at all. I have strong opinions on any on field violence from any club. Having suffered serious injuries as a result of on field incidents that have had a huge impact on my life I hate to hear and see other people suffering the same kind of things. People need to realise that incidents are dangerous and can have long lasting impacts on people for years to come.

I think you will find that there are plenty of people on here and in the league in general that have also have strong opinions also.

Bridgewater are a cracking football side and have achieved amazing things and well done to them but you cannot deny there have been some ordinary incidents occur involving some of their players

Thanks!

Being a supporter of local footy, it just seems that the Bridgewater juggernaut has got to some people on here and in general and I think it is unfair.
I know a few people involved with the club and they are terrific people getting a terrific club on the park year after year.
Why does success make people blow things out of proportion and cause hatred. Not condoning bad behavior on or off the field, but good sides are tough sides. Look at the Brisbane Lions in the early 2000's and look at Hawthorn now/80's (both tough). I wish the club I am involved with had the toughness to play some unsociable football and become as successful as Bridgewater. I envy what they have been able to do. Good luck to them.

Thanks!

Being a supporter of local footy, it just seems that the Bridgewater juggernaut has got to some people on here and in general and I think it is unfair.
I know a few people involved with the club and they are terrific people getting a terrific club on the park year after year.
Why does success make people blow things out of proportion and cause hatred. Not condoning bad behavior on or off the field, but good sides are tough sides. Look at the Brisbane Lions in the early 2000's and look at Hawthorn now/80's (both tough). I wish the club I am involved with had the toughness to play some unsociable football and become as successful as Bridgewater. I envy what they have been able to do. Good luck to them.

I agree there are some terrific people involved on and off the field out there and I said well done to them on their success. I am very envious of the premierships.

I certainly agree that tough football is good football but there is a difference between being tough and some of the stuff that has gone on in my opinion

Thanks!

Unsociable is very different to sniping someone

I've played in 3 different leagues across the state and all clubs have at some stage had an element of "poor decisions" associated with them

One of my former clubs is currently embroiled in it atm in YVMDFL - sadly it still happens.

A tad Like ROOTA#6 i was also belted, at the time i thought i was indestructible - sadly an ex AFL player and local cop put paid to that theory. Thankfully I have no lasting effects

Thanks!

Anyone who has played against Bridgy will tell you they aren't a 'tough' footy side. Broadbent in the middle is the only player who plays physically and even he has a colorful past. Majority are envious of their success but don't hate them for it.. They hate them because of the way they handle themselves on field. None of their reports and suspensions have come from head high hip and shoulders which could be considered 'tough'. All late or off the ball strikes.. Weak as piss

Thanks!

I don't think you know the meaning of tough when it comes to taking the footy field-how much toughness is involved hitting someone who is not looking? teams like the lions and hawks were tough at the ball they put their body on the line and didn't care who or what was in their way.

Water finds it's own level. Certainly did at Marong this week. Appointing coaches with history who recruit players with history and it's finals over for Marong.

Last edited:
Water finds it's own level. Certainly did at Marong this week. Appointing coaches with history who recruit players with history and it's finals over for Marong.

It will be interesting too see how Marong go about building their list for next year it was obvious from the outset to many that they had employed too many old boys. I thought when Lock was appointed he would have been able to attract more from Eaglehawk.

Whats everyone think this week? 2nd Semi will be interesting hard to tip against Bridgey at any point but with the players they have out Miti should be in with a realistic chance you'd think. Calivil will start favs against Pyramid but heard they have some injury worries and didn't play too well on the weekend. Pyramid could call the Season a success really making the finals and winning one after having a huge exodus at the end of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back