LVFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbridge by 9 over Marong sorry Roota
Bridgewater by 47 over the Eagles. Eagles nearly got them at home last year.
Serp by 22 over Mitiamo
Calivil by 36 over I'Wood.

Hopefully a more competitive year out in the LV.

I'm sorry Dragon Fly but it seems our boys ruined your tip! What else is news out of round 1 lads

I'm sorry Dragon Fly but it seems our boys ruined your tip! What else is news out of round 1 lads

Look at roota up and about, I hear you have a new nickname at Panther park, billy after brownless not for your ability to roost a torpedo over a silo or after game beers but because you are the decoy forward roota much like bill was to ablett

Don't be sorry Roota Congratulations! Looks like the Panthers are in for a good season. Any news of Morris knee? Hopefully he is back on track before the big games start.
How did the Panthers go into the game player wise? I see Newbridge were missing some decent players..
What do we make of the calivil v inglewood game? Signs of improvement from the demons or another long year for the blues..

How did the Panthers go into the game player wise? I see Newbridge were missing some decent players..
What do we make of the calivil v inglewood game? Signs of improvement from the demons or another long year for the blues..

Both sides missing a few each. Morris and Ben Gregg going down with injuries early made life a little tougher for our boys

What are everyone's thoughts on the Interleague appointment for this year? i Know there were quite a few that were unhappy with the previous coach/coaches it will be interesting to see if the leagues best players get on board this year or not.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Interleague appointment for this year? i Know there were quite a few that were unhappy with the previous coach/coaches it will be interesting to see if the leagues best players get on board this year or not.

Thought it was a good appointment hopefully he gets Daniel Connors to go round looks to be some other good talent come into the league this year as well so if they can scoop the pool it should be a good team.

Went out to watch bridgey on good Friday and wow. its going to be another one of those years I think. No one will get within 8-10 goals. Connors and Collins in the midfield will cause all sorts of problems. Rohde took some big grabs and they still have axel too come back in. Good luck to the other teams but you are playing for 2nd

Worst act I've ever witnessed on a footy ground at Bridgey today. Hang your head in shame #4 (Bridgewater) That sort of stuff should have stopped once Leigh Matthews went to Court after belting Neville Bruns. That crap is not tough or courageous. Left a bloke with a broken jaw in two places. Believe game was taped. Expect hefty suspension at best. Weak.

Not good to hear. Who was the injured player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today's results probably answer that one. Calivil United big win over Newbridge, what's going on at Riverside?

Saw Inglewood today, look to have improved from last year with stronger forward set-up and Driscoll a good pick up in the backline. Saying that, the game never reached any great heights skills-wise. Blues showed some ticker to get up after being a couple of goals down with about 5 min to go.

Today's results probably answer that one. Calivil United big win over Newbridge, what's going on at Riverside?

Saw Inglewood today, look to have improved from last year with stronger forward set-up and Driscoll a good pick up in the backline. Saying that, the game never reached any great heights skills-wise. Blues showed some ticker to get up after being a couple of goals down with about 5 min to go.

Well done to the Inglewood club. Great for them to chalk up a win early in the year

Good win by Pyramid they look like the only team likely to push bridgewater this year, looking forward in watching their first match together this season. I wouldn't had thought that newbridge or mitiamo would of went down yesterday, thought these two would of been a lot stronger this year.

Last edited:
Good win by Pyramid they look like the only team likely to push bridgewater this year, looking forward in watching their first match together this season. I wouldn't had thought that newbridge or mitiamo would of went down yesterday, thought these two would of been a lot stronger this year.

Heard Pyramid are looking very good be great if they can make it a 2 horse race. Also great for Inglewood to get an early win to get some confidence up and hopefully it turns into a handful of wins for them.

worst act you've ever seen?? Wish to go into more detail there master. I was at the game and saw the lead up but misted the second it happend because my view from the far side of the ground was blocked, what I can say I definitely saw was Bridgey player chasing a serp player running into goal and another serp player coming in from the side to lay a Shepard. I believe you usually can judge the severity of an "act" but how hard the opposition remonstate. Not one serp player went over to Bridgey's said player. So that suggest one of two things. The act its self isn't that dirty or recklace, or the serp players have no team bond or respect for each other to fly the flag. Like I said though I didn't see the full incident so something not on could possibly we'll have happend... Hope the injury player does have a quick and hiccup free recovery. Interesting though to here during the quarter time huddle when I was listening in to here serp coach demanding his boys to go after one of Bridgey's set of brother's so that the other brother would get upset and put off his game. Maybe instructing them to play some footy might of held them in better Sted.

Side note Ill be going to watch pyramid this weekend. Any new player into the league really to keep an eye out for. Seems like young Fitzpatrick could be a bit of an excitement machine.

Im sure the laws of the game process will sort it out either way but lets not turn this thread into a couple of others on BigFooty last week when its full of tit for tat crap that isnt worth reading.

Id be interested to see what Roota thought of Pyramid Hill and a run down on their recruits?

worst act you've ever seen?? Wish to go into more detail there master. I was at the game and saw the lead up but misted the second it happend because my view from the far side of the ground was blocked, what I can say I definitely saw was Bridgey player chasing a serp player running into goal and another serp player coming in from the side to lay a Shepard. I believe you usually can judge the severity of an "act" but how hard the opposition remonstate. Not one serp player went over to Bridgey's said player. So that suggest one of two things. The act its self isn't that dirty or recklace, or the serp players have no team bond or respect for each other to fly the flag. Like I said though I didn't see the full incident so something not on could possibly we'll have happend... Hope the injury player does have a quick and hiccup free recovery. Interesting though to here during the quarter time huddle when I was listening in to here serp coach demanding his boys to go after one of Bridgey's set of brother's so that the other brother would get upset and put off his game. Maybe instructing them to play some footy might of held them in better Sted.

Side note Ill be going to watch pyramid this weekend. Any new player into the league really to keep an eye out for. Seems like young Fitzpatrick could be a bit of an excitement machine.
I don't usually watch too much LVFL footy action, but happened to be at this particular match and happened to be watching directly in front of the said incident. What I can say for certainty is that the ball had been released by the BL Serp player seconds before the said Bridgey player came through with what can only be described as an higher than normal elbow position. I think your comment GrassKicker about the severity of an act being measured by the response of your fellow team mates is a fairly inaccurate measurement of the level of severity. To me the level of severity is measured on how the fast the affected player can recover from the injury. To have Davidson laying on the ground completely immobilised for a good 5 minutes sums up the level of severity to me. The point you made about his team mates lack of response was probably more due to fact that the action all happened quickly and whilst the ball was being rebounded in from the Serp goalsquare. From the x-rays that I have seen of the jaw fractures (yes there is more than one), suggest to me that some severe force was applied to the cheek/jaw at the time of impact.
From what I am hearing there is some video evidence floating around of the incident and will be interesting to see what becomes of this ugly incident

I don't usually watch too much LVFL footy action, but happened to be at this particular match and happened to be watching directly in front of the said incident. What I can say for certainty is that the ball had been released by the BL Serp player seconds before the said Bridgey player came through with what can only be described as an higher than normal elbow position. I think your comment GrassKicker about the severity of an act being measured by the response of your fellow team mates is a fairly inaccurate measurement of the level of severity. To me the level of severity is measured on how the fast the affected player can recover from the injury. To have Davidson laying on the ground completely immobilised for a good 5 minutes sums up the level of severity to me. The point you made about his team mates lack of response was probably more due to fact that the action all happened quickly and whilst the ball was being rebounded in from the Serp goalsquare. From the x-rays that I have seen of the jaw fractures (yes there is more than one), suggest to me that some severe force was applied to the cheek/jaw at the time of impact.
From what I am hearing there is some video evidence floating around of the incident and will be interesting to see what becomes of this ugly incident

How have you seen the x rays stormy?

i
I don't usually watch too much LVFL footy action, but happened to be at this particular match and happened to be watching directly in front of the said incident. What I can say for certainty is that the ball had been released by the BL Serp player seconds before the said Bridgey player came through with what can only be described as an higher than normal elbow position. I think your comment GrassKicker about the severity of an act being measured by the response of your fellow team mates is a fairly inaccurate measurement of the level of severity. To me the level of severity is measured on how the fast the affected player can recover from the injury. To have Davidson laying on the ground completely immobilised for a good 5 minutes sums up the level of severity to me. The point you made about his team mates lack of response was probably more due to fact that the action all happened quickly and whilst the ball was being rebounded in from the Serp goalsquare. From the x-rays that I have seen
of the jaw fractures (yes there is more than one), suggest to me that some severe fore was applied to the cheek/jaw at the time of impact.

How have you seen the x rays stormy?

surely you can read roota...

Sounds like stormy has viewed said x-rays and bridgewater player could be having a holiday as that is a very ugly incident if that happened as described he deserves 4-6 weeks i would have thought. My prediction is he will only get 2.
You have to feel for the new fella to the comp started the year on fire then copped a cowardly hit like that. Time will tell how this plays out.

i

surely you can read roota...

Sounds like stormy has viewed said x-rays and bridgewater player could be having a holiday as that is a very ugly incident if that happened as described he deserves 4-6 weeks i would have thought. My prediction is he will only get 2.
You have to feel for the new fella to the comp started the year on fire then copped a cowardly hit like that. Time will tell how this plays out.

I just find it strange that Stormboy states that he doesn't usually follow LVFL games yet has seen the actual xrays following this incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back