LVFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Final week whats everyones Predictions? I will go Bridgewater 49 Andrew Collins BOG. Miti need their Coach Maddern to fire up forward with 7 or 8 goals to give the Super Roos a flicker of hope. Normally has lots of shots in a game so if he could have a day where he is accurate could set the Super Roos rolling to be right in the game.

Is the Loddon Valley Football Netball League becoming increasingly irrelevant. The past couple of years the league have tried to change the thinking of the clubs with a centralised Grand Final, a few clubs said no. The Under 18 competition is so ordinary that most U16's sides in Bendigo would belt them and without the kids from these U16 sides there wouldn't be an U18 comp. Mitiamo don't have a side, Serpentine played with 14 most weeks as did Newbridge and they even forfeited a couple of games. The average age in the reserves is closer to retirement than mid 20's. We are not associated with Interleague footy, we were ranked 34th in the state before some clubs wanted out. (lets not get carried away with how good a player is in our league). The league BNF is done over the radio amid no fanfare and then a presentation night that nobody wants to go to. Now we have a Grand Final at a destination that no one wants to go to throughout the year let alone to watch two sides who they don't barrack for.
Contrast this to HDFL who have been kicking goals on interleague, centralised Grand Final and the quality of their football.
I believe the LVFNL is falling behind Bendigo and HDFNL and if this continues the whole system will fail. Unless the clubs start to turn the attention to the best interest of the league and not just its own self preservation the league will continue to decline.

Is the Loddon Valley Football Netball League becoming increasingly irrelevant.
I believe the LVFNL is falling behind Bendigo and HDFNL and if this continues the whole system will fail. Unless the clubs start to turn the attention to the best interest of the league and not just its own self preservation the league will continue to decline.
You make a lot of fair and relevant points. Dominance of Bridgey doesn't help in attracting players to the league and declining populations makes it hard to field/maintain teams. It seems there is a lot of resistance in some sectors to possibility of change for some things that at least should be genuinely discussed. - this resistance to 'evolve' will probably eventually end up being the death knell for the league.

Is the Loddon Valley Football Netball League becoming increasingly irrelevant. The past couple of years the league have tried to change the thinking of the clubs with a centralised Grand Final, a few clubs said no. The Under 18 competition is so ordinary that most U16's sides in Bendigo would belt them and without the kids from these U16 sides there wouldn't be an U18 comp. Mitiamo don't have a side, Serpentine played with 14 most weeks as did Newbridge and they even forfeited a couple of games. The average age in the reserves is closer to retirement than mid 20's. We are not associated with Interleague footy, we were ranked 34th in the state before some clubs wanted out. (lets not get carried away with how good a player is in our league). The league BNF is done over the radio amid no fanfare and then a presentation night that nobody wants to go to. Now we have a Grand Final at a destination that no one wants to go to throughout the year let alone to watch two sides who they don't barrack for.
Contrast this to HDFL who have been kicking goals on interleague, centralised Grand Final and the quality of their football.
I first heard of plans by the then AFLVIC COUNTRY in about 2003 to have a massive restructure of country footy.Their grand plan in the Bendigo area was supposedly a three division structure involving BFL,NCFL,HFL and LVFL with relegation/promotion to take place at the completion of each season.With the recent introduction of Player Point values and salary caps for leagues all administered from the regional hub they have now got everything in place to put their plans into action. I know I might be coming across as a conspiracy theorist but I wont be surprised if something like this becomes reality.In a similar vein I was talking to a bloke from Kaniva on the weekend. At the moment they are in talks with the Horsham District league with a view to joining that league. During talks with AFLVIC it was mentioned that their thinking was that in time Horsham District and Wimmera leagues will be amalgamated and run as a 2 division league.Time will tell if Im on the money or a F**kwit.

You make a lot of fair and relevant points. Dominance of Bridgey doesn't help in attracting players to the league and declining populations makes it hard to field/maintain teams. It seems there is a lot of resistance in some sectors to possibility of change for some things that at least should be genuinely discussed. - this resistance to 'evolve' will probably eventually end up being the death knell for the league. I think the LVFL need too tighten the points for Bridgewater like they did to Strathfieldsaye. Make them 36 points and give them a cap of 100k if everyone else is going to have 120k. Because the current arrangement further strengthens their hold on the comp. Who would be seen as the Club best situated to break it in the next few years?

What a crap comment. In no way am the poster boy for the Lv, however the just at the dwindling populations of the towns further out of bendigo, this tend would be no different to other minor leagues surrounding major centres like bendigo. I'm sure the heathcote league would not be that much higher in the juniors, as that is one of cohunas reservations on joining the league, is the juniors comp is not great. I would anticipate in the next 5 years that a lot of the north central clubs will join the loddon valley, with most likely boort and serp to merg and calivil and Miti to do like wise. If you add wedderburn, Wyche and charlton to the league it doesn't look that irrelevant.
In relation to the quality of footy, inclusion such as farmer, sidebottom, madden and ladson into the league, would have most leagues covered. Surely you can't base the quality of comp on interleague results, and if you are going to make these statements why pick on the loddon valley where a lot of these things are occurring like lack of juniors and reserves throughout the state.

In relation to providing divisions, let's hope afl vic aren't thinking of this for country footy, leave it to metro leagues, otherwise country footy will be dead in 10 years. Smaller communities can't compete with larger bendigo clubs due to their decreasing populations of players and commitee people. Just look at locky trying the bfl, the loss of juniors at games meant the club lost it's community feel and by the 3rd year most of the good players left. Only Huntley, north bendigo, marong or a maiden gully team could step up in the bfl. There's no doubt leagues will be required to be reshuffled but I don't think divisions will work.

What a crap comment. In no way am the poster boy for the Lv, however the just at the dwindling populations of the towns further out of bendigo, this tend would be no different to other minor leagues surrounding major centres like bendigo. I'm sure the heathcote league would not be that much higher in the juniors, as that is one of cohunas reservations on joining the league, is the juniors comp is not great. I would anticipate in the next 5 years that a lot of the north central clubs will join the loddon valley, with most likely boort and serp to merg and calivil and Miti to do like wise. If you add wedderburn, Wyche and charlton to the league it doesn't look that irrelevant.
In relation to the quality of footy, inclusion such as farmer, sidebottom, madden and ladson into the league, would have most leagues covered. Surely you can't base the quality of comp on interleague results, and if you are going to make these statements why pick on the loddon valley where a lot of these things are occurring like lack of juniors and reserves throughout the state
In relation to providing divisions, let's hope afl vic aren't thinking of this for country footy, leave it to metro leagues, otherwise country footy will be dead in 10 years. Smaller communities can't compete with larger bendigo clubs due to their decreasing populations of players and commitee people. Just look at locky trying the bfl, the loss of juniors at games meant the club lost it's community feel and by the 3rd year most of the good players left. Only Huntley, north bendigo, marong or a maiden gully team could step up in the bfl. There's no doubt leagues will be required to be reshuffled but I don't think divisions will work.

Think the way things are going the Loddon Valley will be done and dusted before 10 years is up. Inglewood, Miti, Calivil, Serp & Pyramid should join North Central for some enjoyable years of football before it all winds up, just simply a sign of the times and rural communities dying. And after all, what player wants to play in a league where blokes are found guilty of the lowest acts in football, then the next day the local rag is promoting them as poster boys instead of cowards. However, you never know the points system, salary cap & a good year for the farmers could keep it going longer than I've predicted...

Think the way things are going the Loddon Valley will be done and dusted before 10 years is up. Inglewood, Miti, Calivil, Serp & Pyramid should join North Central for some enjoyable years of football before it all winds up, just simply a sign of the times and rural communities dying. And after all, what player wants to play in a league where blokes are found guilty of the lowest acts in football, then the next day the local rag is promoting them as poster boys instead of cowards. However, you never know the points system, salary cap & a good year for the farmers could keep it going longer than I've predicted...

Couple of LVFL grounds copping some flooding this arvo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In relation to the quality of footy, inclusion such as farmer, sidebottom, madden and ladson into the league, would have most leagues covered. Surely you can't base the quality of comp on interleague results, and if you are going to make these statements why pick on the loddon valley where a lot of these things are occurring like lack of juniors and reserves throughout the state.

For such a crap comment you certainly helped my argument. You said that Miti and Calivil to merge and Serp and Boort to merge and other clubs from other leagues to possibly join from North Central. That to me would mean that 3 clubs in the league are struggling to stay afloat in their own right which would mean that the league is becoming irrelevant. What if the North central teams don't want to come in. What if Boort merge with Wandella or Quambie and go into Golden Rivers. There are so many What ifs. The undeniable factor is the league is going backwards not forwards compared to Bendigo and the HDFL which the whole comment was about. The four players you mentioned are all on the wrong side of 30, further helping my argument the average age is closer to retirement than mid 20s. One is a frustrated ex league player who has now sullied his reputation with a coward punch.

For such a crap comment you certainly helped my argument. You said that Miti and Calivil to merge and Serp and Boort to merge and other clubs from other leagues to possibly join from North Central. That to me would mean that 3 clubs in the league are struggling to stay afloat in their own right which would mean that the league is becoming irrelevant. What if the North central teams don't want to come in. What if Boort merge with Wandella or Quambie and go into Golden Rivers. There are so many What ifs. The undeniable factor is the league is going backwards not forwards compared to Bendigo and the HDFL which the whole comment was about. The four players you mentioned are all on the wrong side of 30, further helping my argument the average age is closer to retirement than mid 20s. One is a frustrated ex league player who has now sullied his reputation with a coward punch.

It's fair to say bugger all people live in Miti, calivil and serp anymore, yet all three have consistently played finals recently in the seniors. As most of the players in the north central come from bendigo of course they will come to play south instead of north. The loddon valley is no worse off than a lot of other leagues, look at tatura in the gv they can't field a thirds team. Any bfl team would love to have Harry, sidebottom and farmer play, I think due to the population within the league, the leagues going ok, but every one is entitled to their opinion, which I think throughout the state the points you raise are a problem not just for the loddon valley

It's fair to say bugger all people live in Miti, calivil and serp anymore, yet all three have consistently played finals recently in the seniors. As most of the players in the north central come from bendigo of course they will come to play south instead of north. The loddon valley is no worse off than a lot of other leagues, look at tatura in the gv they can't field a thirds team. Any bfl team would love to have Harry, sidebottom and farmer play, I think due to the population within the league, the leagues going ok, but every one is entitled to their opinion, which I think throughout the state the points you raise are a problem not just for the loddon valley

The issues facing the LVFNL are the same problems facing most country leagues. The over riding issue is that there is simply too many clubs around compared to the amount of blokes that play footy. U take the problem with the fact that most of those said blokes want reasonable and in a lot of cases ridiculous coin to play means a type of perfect storm facing country footy as a whole

The issues facing the LVFNL are the same problems facing most country leagues. The over riding issue is that there is simply too many clubs around compared to the amount of blokes that play footy. U take the problem with the fact that most of those said blokes want reasonable and in a lot of cases ridiculous coin to play means a type of perfect storm facing country footy as a whole
It's fair to say roota unless metro clubs have the least amount of points within the state instead of the most it will keep happening and ruin country footy with clubs paying overs just to get a side on the park

It's fair to say roota unless metro clubs have the least amount of points within the state instead of the most it will keep happening and ruin country footy with clubs paying overs just to get a side on the park

With the Salary Caps coming in and many Country Leagues being on conservative amounts now it will mean there are a lot less players coming out of the city to play Country Footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back