LVFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you please elaborate for us out of towers?

Well 5th position won’t actually be settled until Wednesday night at the earliest because YCW have for some reason appealed the sanction of the loss of 4 points from the game they dobbed themselves in for being over the player points cap!

Calivil currently sit in5th spot after being the 4 points from that game. Marong sits 6th. If for some ridiculous reason the appeal gets up..Marong finish fifth and Calivil drop out.

It’s actually ludicrous.and as most of you know I ended my time at Marong

Well 5th position won’t actually be settled until Wednesday night at the earliest because YCW have for some reason appealed the sanction of the loss of 4 points from the game they dobbed themselves in for being over the player points cap!

Calivil currently sit in5th spot after being the 4 points from that game. Marong sits 6th. If for some ridiculous reason the appeal gets up..Marong finish fifth and Calivil drop out.

It’s actually ludicrous.and as most of you know I ended my time at Marong

The league need to win this appeal on the basis of maintaining control for player points. Penalties need to be harsh if you breach the rules or you will see this happen in a grand final. YCW really don't want to play Calivil in an elimination final as they cant get up the ladder further?
If it meant getting a double chance I think the appeal would have some more merit but if they win the appeal the league board will lose.

The league need to win this appeal on the basis of maintaining control for player points. Penalties need to be harsh if you breach the rules or you will see this happen in a grand final. YCW really don't want to play Calivil in an elimination final as they cant get up the ladder further?
If it meant getting a double chance I think the appeal would have some more merit but if they win the appeal the league board will lose.
Talk getting around is that Marong have really pushed and teamed up with YCW. Can't see how the decision can be over turned. Could be a great finals series ahead personally I'd like to see Pyramid finally break through and win a Flag but that mental hurdle will be a big one to jump with Mitiamo having a strong line up at their disposal as well.

Talk getting around is that Marong have really pushed and teamed up with YCW. Can't see how the decision can be over turned. Could be a great finals series ahead personally I'd like to see Pyramid finally break through and win a Flag but that mental hurdle will be a big one to jump with Mitiamo having a strong line up at their disposal as well.

Wouldn’t have thought so.

There is no way that the points can be taken away from Calivil

Wouldn’t have thought so.

There is no way that the points can be taken away from Calivil

Surely the appeal cannot be successful. Whilst I am sceptical about the points program and its level of success in providing each club an opportunity to be more competitive, YCW were at fault and should be penalised accordingly. Allowing the appeal to be successful just sets a precedent and basically allows clubs to do whatever they like and certainly weakens the system that is in place!

An annual/ regular occurrence. Kudos to those involved in keeping the club going but these guys are a perfect example of where footy is at in the region - haven’t been close in playing finals/ competitive in years.
The points system has made it impossible for a rocket up the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miti taking out the flag in their last year now they are folding. worth it?
not having a club to go back to for your premiership reunion would be strange..

the well has run dry...
I'd be surprised if they aren't there next year and probably pushing hard again for another flag. Got to feel for Pyramid Hill their Premiership Hoodoo has long been a monster for them. Reached so many Preliminary and Grand Finals hopefully the Hill faithful will crack it for one at some point.

I'd be surprised if they aren't there next year and probably pushing hard again for another flag. Got to feel for Pyramid Hill their Premiership Hoodoo has long been a monster for them. Reached so many Preliminary and Grand Finals hopefully the Hill faithful will crack it for one at some point.

If they are around I doubt they will be contenders. They will have a number of retirements that will hurt them

We’ll be back to defend the cup next year gents! Rumours are generally exactly that, with the latest the PH keys off to Sandhurst next year?? To play twos maybe!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back