LVFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would they appoint such coaches if they arnt going to do so? Coz obviously that’s what these coaches usually do isn’t it, spend the cash
I think it's the second part of ROOTA#6 's post that is the most salient here. While there may be some who are happy to just go for the money (if there is any to spend) there may be other factors that would make plenty have a good, hard think about whether it's the right destination for them.

Without putting any words into Roota's mouth, I'm assuming he has heard the same whispers as many have about how the Committee operates and the sort of culture it has been fostering.

I think it's the second part of ROOTA#6 's post that is the most salient here. While there may be some who are happy to just go for the money (if there is any to spend) there may be other factors that would make plenty have a good, hard think about whether it's the right destination for them.

Without putting any words into Roota's mouth, I'm assuming he has heard the same whispers as many have about how the Committee operates and the sort of culture it has been fostering.

That’s all logical but it’s still a fair point that employing those guys without a big budget makes no sense.

It’s like having a coach with a game plan that relies on a ruckman and only recruiting 5 footers.

That’s all logical but it’s still a fair point that employing those guys without a big budget makes no sense.

It’s like having a coach with a game plan that relies on a ruckman and only recruiting 5 footers.
I don't disagree with that, but it ties into the culture conversation. The ideas that a committee have about what a high-profile coaching appointment may be able to generate versus what actually happens can often be quite a way apart.

Why would they appoint these guys as coaches, both would attract players, plenty of guys have played under shawn for unders. I don't think 20 year olds could give a rats toss bag about the committee

Been well known around the traps that the Maiden Gully/YCW committee are quite disfunctional.

I agree with you to a point on the coaches ability to attract players and in the past many have played for unders but that’s when he had great sides. Recent history shows that these blokes need huge budget to spend to attract players an I’d be surprised in MGYCW have it

Been well known around the traps that the Maiden Gully/YCW committee are quite disfunctional.

I agree with you to a point on the coaches ability to attract players and in the past many have played for unders but that’s when he had great sides. Recent history shows that these blokes need huge budget to spend to attract players an I’d be surprised in MGYCW have it

Just Monfries alone will put a fair hit on your budget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh mellington to Bears lagoon/serp
Game changer
Also farren Priest

Josh mellington to Bears lagoon/serp
Game changer
Also farren Priest
That’s huge news. Without having seen him play, he could be a bigger headache for opposition teams than Sharpy. Could have had 3 centurions this year if Grenfell stayed at Marong.

I'm not across what has occurred. Why did MGYCW lose 12 match points and get fined?

Bendigo Addy article just released. The league are saying that MGYCW have disrespected and disregarded them by openly stating they would field under 18’s in 2 other leagues but not the LV

Last edited:
Bendigo Addy article just released. The league are saying that MGYCW have disrespected and disregarded them by openly stating they would field under 18’s in 2 other leagues but not the LV
I think Maiden Gully’s original argument was that the under17/18 comp wasn’t competitive and wasnt great for player development.

The last time MG had an unders side(2021) they won the 4 team comp 13-1, 338.35%

Marong won it last year 12-0, 997.71%

I think Maiden Gully’s original argument was that the under17/18 comp wasn’t competitive and wasnt great for player development.

The last time MG had an unders side(2021) they won the 4 team comp 13-1, 338.35%

Marong won it last year 12-0, 997.71%
Dont think Marong have lost a game in any division in 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back