Opinion Lycett or Vardy

Second ruck?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If all 3, inc Nic, are fit and ready to go it is going to be one hell of a fight to claim the 2nd ruck spot.
Just can't see all 3 being picked in the same side unfortunately so there could be a very unlucky player to kill it at WAFL level.
Best form get's the spot.

A lot will come down to NN's fitness and how much he can ruck. If he is even more limited with the time he can spend in the ruck, then Slyce's superior ruck work would probably see him get the gig. But NN rucking the same as usual would make for interesting competition. Slyce is the better ruck for me and in terms of runs on the board, probably the better forward too. But there is something about Vardy seeming to be more versatile as a second tall. All of that said, if all are fit I would start NN and Slyce.

Whilst Vardy will be unlucky, I doubt all will be fit for all games so there should be plenty of opportunity and mixing and matching of rucks throughout the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NN: 65% ruck, 15% forward, 20% bench
2nd ruck: 35% ruck, 50% forward, 15% bench

I’d be happy with NN at 45% Ruck and 15% forward but he has to play 90% of the last quarter.

As for Lycett v Vardy. I’ll go Lycett, his best is way ahead in the ruck, however I think Vardy maybe only just a little ahead up forward.

Having said that with Vardy having a full season of good footy behind him and hopefully a good preseason ahead he may have the runs on the board to get the game round 1 if NN is good to take the Number 1 ruck

cDMJ2Iu.jpg

srs though all three of Slyce, Nic and Vardy would be likely to line up rd 1 if Kennedy slows in his rehab.

Back