List Mgmt. Lycett to Port confirmed according to Foxsports...

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy averaged 20 disposals a game this year and is a ball butcher. He turns 29 next year. What would you pay to get him back? I wouldn't give pick 30 for him.
He seems pretty cooked this year

Has had some bloody good years for port - was one of their top 5 players for a good few years

He's been a best 22 midfielder for them for 7 years, I'd say that's worth more than a pick around 30.
I ask again, what would you want back as a trade if Sheed said he wanted to go?
Pick 1 but realistically at the moment he wouldn't be anything better than pick 20 that's for sure. Not sure of his exact worth. He is a fringe player with flaws.

Pick 1 but realistically at the moment he wouldn't be anything better than pick 20 that's for sure. Not sure of his exact worth. He is a fringe player with flaws.
You'd want more than we got for Ebert though I imagine, who was a guy who was in and out of our best 22, so a fringe player with flaws.

Lycett is one of the top back up ruckman in the league, He's very average against the first choice ruckman of other teams. I don't mind if we lose him tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a bit of trouble connecting the dots on this one. So Port concede they just can’t compete with the money North are throwing at their A-grader Polec, but they’re desperate to pay overs for Scott Lycett, who’s a B-grade ruck. Has it occurred to them that these 2 events may not be mutually exclusive?

Out of morbid curiosity, I’m intrigued to see where this “reverse Moneyball” strategy (that Port have employed lately) takes them...

Be expecting a press conference tomorrow if this story has any merit. Better to just get it out there if true. Bit strange that none of Lycett, Port or West Coast have confirmed the deal though. Apparently Lycett, when asked at today's WAFL final, said "don't believe everything you hear". Strange one!

Having a bit of trouble connecting the dots on this one. So Port concede they just can’t compete with the money North are throwing at their A-grader Polec, but they’re desperate to pay overs for Scott Lycett, who’s a B-grade ruck. Has it occurred to them that these 2 events may not be mutually exclusive?

Out of morbid curiosity, I’m intrigued to see where this “reverse Moneyball” strategy (that Port have employed lately) takes them...
I'm tipping it's not up the ladder

When do clubs show loyalty ?

We shipped Sinclair off, he’ll going back we flicked worsfold pretty quickly.

Club loyalty is a sham - if it was a two way street I’d agree. It’s not and therefore your loyalty is no more than meeting the obligations of your contract

Yep, in today’s climate true, it is a sham, hence the strong healthy wafl comment. A strong healthy Wafl Community of like minded people -higher trust - higher loyalty
Less hired gun role models $$$
As Judd said, afl players as role models is stupid

They’re not local grass roots, they’re not level pay packet, and they’re not loyal
Appears a lot of them are mercenaries who toe a politic correctness line for a pay packet. Top down revolution. Not grass roots (wafl/suburban football)..

I’m pretty sure Sinclair wanted to leave, and at the time we had nn and Lycet
I would never have traded Sinclair for Jetta. Ones a goer, the other isn’t

Funny how this story breaks the week of our first final against a big Victorian club and by a bloke who has been continuously slagging the club. I’m not sure Slyce would have told the club he wants out on the eve of finals. Things like this can affect players relationships.
Victorians are trying everything in their power to prevent their worst nightmare occurring on GF day.

images.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back