MRP / Trib. Lycett, Wellingham, McGinnity all cop fines

Remove this Banner Ad

I do like Jetta going in and protecting the boys when the Roo's came in for a bit of biff.

Nah, there was nothing in the Lycett incident - was just a shove, like get out of my way pussy. His arms were in at his sides, no swinging arm or anything. Nothing to it.

I reckon he bumped him with most of the force being body on body. Ziebelle's face may have bumped into Lycett's shoulder but not with any real force and he threw his head back as you would if a monster was about to run through you.

Always thought there was insufficient force to head to cop a week. Commentators talked it up but that's what they are paid to do.

I figured this ....Lycett would get off ....insufficient force

I really believe had they suspended him they would have had to suspend for Ziebells cried spoil on darling ...which was a round house swing to his head ....that had more force in it

Unbelievable that no fine was handed to Ziebell

Love the big Slyce but he has to be careful near finals time ...he has points carry over too

What the hell Wellingham do ......was that the bump on Petrie ...and ginners ? Same on his one

The ginners one was stupid as when he made contact he was still in the field of play

Nah, there was nothing in the Lycett incident - was just a shove, like get out of my way pussy. His arms were in at his sides, no swinging arm or anything. Nothing to it.

And Ziebell threw his head back like he had been shot ...trying to draw the free kick he was which is fair enough

Finally some bloody sanity from the MRP .....I'm glad they are giving blokes a week for tummy whacks with force but they have to allow some minimal contact in bumps or else the game becomes netball

I'll be finding a bar in Bali to watch the blues game .....barbs bar in Sanur here I come

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/lia...w/news-story/4e4ab6de6854241f425445055547020f
Liam Jones kicking the winning goal against Fremantle. They have avenues to goal. We don't play well enough away to be cocky. Casboult being out does hurt them but he wastes a lot of opportunities too.
I hear what you're saying but I believe Liam Jones to be the worst player in the AFL. (Jesse Shite finally did something last weekend so he takes his mantle)
Our tall backs will piss all over him.

hitcher.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outside both of these 'incidents', the thing that I liked most was that it was Jetta was the one in BOTH of them remonstrating with the Norf players.

Big tick as far as I am concerned

absolutely. obviously seems to be low on confidence and this board has been critical of him (rightly so) but its heartening to see that he cares about the jumper. i'm still confident that it will all come together for Jetta and we'll have the player we wanted.

make a video of darlings ninja flip and shuey breaking a couple of north tackles and hitting jk lace out on his left.

Roger that! That was a ripper hey!!
You read my mind actually. Been thinking bout shuey and jk and their excellent ability on their non preferred. Not since Judd and especially cuzz have there been players with both feet like these two today? And then also who in our history were very good on both sides.

Outside both of these 'incidents', the thing that I liked most was that it was Jetta was the one in BOTH of them remonstrating with the Norf players.

Big tick as far as I am concerned

And threw Mullett into the fence and didn't get a fine. :thumbsu:

Roger that! That was a ripper hey!!
You read my mind actually. Been thinking bout shuey and jk and their excellent ability on their non preferred. Not since Judd and especially cuzz have there been players with both feet like these two today? And then also who in our history were very good on both sides.
I think shuey might be as good as juddy on his left. I also think masto is pretty good on his left but can be a bit too casual using it. Its an underrated skill and only in the last few years that the demand for guys who can use both feet has risen. Gaff is usually one of our best kicks but it pisses me off a bit when he cannot kick on his right.

wow lycett is lucky. in my head i was already seeing giles run through the banner next weekend but the mrp is as much a lottery as ever.

wellingham fine - fair enough. the afl needs to keep some standards up and show they're looking after player safety, even if it's barely a slap on the wrist. it was unnecessary and had some potential to injure an old fella like petrie.

paddy's fine - unlucky! was very much in the contest according to the way it is played and paid these days. also didn't try to put him into the fence... (just had one of his characteristic sudden attacks of the awesomes.) if the wellingham incident hadn't occurred earlier this might not even have been looked at: free kick (probably) and end of story.

haven't been over to the north board to check reactions but as a team that routinely pisses on that fine line between 'measured aggression' and 'mongrel dog act', i'm sure they're fine with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back