Sports Lying to women about what you do...

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a sparky apprentice and i just tell everyne the truth. I don't think it's too bad. If i was on holiday interstate or overseas i'd love to have fun mking things up though. Being irish is a favourite of mine.

I'm a 2nd year external psychology student, I suppose I could tell women I can read minds and watch as they run off in the opposite direction because we know women don't want us to know what they really think.

Anyone here actually proud of what they do such that they don't need to lie or fancy up its description?

Yeah no.

"Hi, I'm George, I'm unemployed and I live with my parents"

Problem is, when you work in finance its nigh on impossible for it to sound exciting unless you drive up in a Porsche.

Yeah no.

"Hi, I'm George, I'm unemployed and I live with my parents"

Problem is, when you work in finance its nigh on impossible for it to sound exciting unless you drive up in a Porsche.

What about the souped up yellow Excel and Red Dwarf figurines? :cool:

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boxster's aren't cool.

Ok. So what happens if you tell a great lie, she takes the bait and you find out that she's actually a pretty amazing person that you'd want to see for more than a night... Is it possible to unweave a web of lies, or do you just accept defeat?

Ok. So what happens if you tell a great lie, she takes the bait and you find out that she's actually a pretty amazing person that you'd want to see for more than a night... Is it possible to unweave a web of lies, or do you just accept defeat?

Well if you admit your lie and she dumps your ass - it means she only wanted you for your job so you can label her a complete whore.

We all do it I'm sure.

For example, mate is a CFA volunteer. Regularly tells girls he's a fireman. Works pretty well for him.

Another mate speaks some Italian, but not a great deal, and once tried to pretend he was from Italy and didn't speak English, because he was trying to land the holy grail - picking up a stripper while she's working. It worked!

I have often just given a deliberately preposterous occupation instead. Like telling a girl I'm the guy who puts the little stickers on apples and oranges, or that I'm a penguin hunter. Usually gets a laugh but on occasion you get some really thick bird who doesn't comprehend the hilarity of a line that genius.

How far do you go with your lies? Like, do you ever just blatantly rip out "Oh yeah I'm an F1 driver" or something equally insane and easy to uncover? Furthest I've gone is pretending to be a stunt man.

That is brilliant. I'm back at uni this week and im assuming for all my classes we will be doing the bullshit introduce yourself thing and I am going to use this for lulz v the asians in my classes who will believe it

Ok try this one guys it is foolproof. Tried and tested several times by myself and mates.

"I'm on season two of Masterchef Australia. I've made it to the top 9 so far."

Obviously stress that it is confidential as it hasn't been aired yet. Also you don't have much times as it airs in about 6 weeks.

lol you guys know we can usually tell right? Obviously, being a football fan means the whole "I'm a footballer" thing doesnt work on me, but Ive had guys tell me theyre in bands and stuff and i usually go along with it for a laugh, but its generally pretty obvious. In Canada I had a few guys try the, "im an NHL player" thing, but even that was pretty obvious. Haha i do have a vague recollection of me letting one of them sign my chest though... Haha I do think though if someone told me a completely random job like the stickers on oranges guy, I'd give him enough credit to keep the story going.

but on the other hand, I usually lie about what I study, I either just say Im at uni and leave it at that, or I just say Im an arts student or something. Generally, telling people Im a law student does not get a good reaction.

lol you guys know we can usually tell right? Obviously, being a football fan means the whole "I'm a footballer" thing doesnt work on me, but Ive had guys tell me theyre in bands and stuff and i usually go along with it for a laugh, but its generally pretty obvious. In Canada I had a few guys try the, "im an NHL player" thing, but even that was pretty obvious. Haha i do have a vague recollection of me letting one of them sign my chest though... Haha I do think though if someone told me a completely random job like the stickers on oranges guy, I'd give him enough credit to keep the story going.

but on the other hand, I usually lie about what I study, I either just say Im at uni and leave it at that, or I just say Im an arts student or something. Generally, telling people Im a law student does not get a good reaction.

hey baby, I am the captain and chief sweeper for the Australian under 23's curling team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back