Lyle gets Piles and a Blue Ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Mudholian

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2001
The Monkey House Port Adelaide
Well I didn't notice this till I saw the replay and there was Lyle sitting apart from ther rest loking very sad and sorry on the "blue" ball. Question. If a player keeps making the same mistakes do you single him out for embarrassment like this? Personally I thought that although Brayden had a shocker, this sort of ridicule is very seldom productive. Of course, I could have this all wrong and it might just be a nice comfy place to sit. Doubt it though.
Mud

It's sad to see such a good team man as Lyle losing it so badly. He should really only get a game this year if more accomplished players are injured or need a wake up call. Let him go back to the Maggies and pick up a well deserved SANFL premiership medal - I doubt he'd help the team win an AFL one.

I may upset some of you by writing this, but I can't hold off any longer.
Braden Lyle is finished!! In fact he has been pretty bad for three seasons now. I know he's been a great team man, but sentiment gets you nowhere in the AFL. We have been disadvantaged by his forays into the forward line (bad kicking mainly) and his inability to hit a teammate on the chest by hand or foot. It seems he has lost self confidence, which is the death knell for a player who survived on courage and discipline. Our forwards have struggled for too long trying to read his helicopter punts into attack.
I hope he's making himself known to the Magpies players and he gets a medal with those boys.

------------------
If ya smell what Santos is cooking!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back