Lynch Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Stupid decision, probably would’ve taken a 1 year contract to help out the young players with some experience
If you’re a coach whose contract is up for renewal at the end of next year, why risk having a squad that’s dangerously close to good enough to be judged on such nonsense as “results”or “performance”. When you can artificially create a hole in the squad that needs another year of development.

A good list management decision, a pleasant surprise.

The fact we're making this public shows he has recieved very little interest from other clubs too

Thought he was one of our senior players that would have been worth keeping for another year but props to club for making a tough call. You can see when he got back this year that he still had hunger and that touch of class that made him a gun player for a few years there and dragged us to a GF. Reckon he would be great fit for a team like Geelong next year. Problem with him in recent years was that his weapon - his fitness, had been dulled with constand injuries making him far less effective than he had been in the past. We have a few medium forwards that can come into the team that are much younger or untested and its not the hardest position to fill BUT will be hard to find one that will have the same influence around the ground that he had.

Thankys Lynchy.

I think he's good enough to play on. I actually think there would be a few clubs willing to give him 2 years
I was actually wondering if the Swans would give him a run.

They've got the close to goal options sorted. Plenty of young players coming through. Pyke is a fan.

Someone who can roam the wide wings of the SCG might suit plus an experienced forward to play the road trips Buddy skips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably would've preferred a few others to go first - Kelly and Mackay in particular as I think we've got the players to cover their spots. We've not really found another Lynch-type yet, with his link up ability, and 'engine'. Anyhow, well done to Lynch, he was an excellent player for us!
I'm hoping Cook or Gollant are able to play the role.

Thanks very much for your service and delivery inside 50 over the years Tom. You have been one of the best trades the club has ever done. All of the recruits when interviewed rave about the example you set and help you offer them. I'm sure that a strong club will give you another 2 years and a chance to win a well deserved premiership.
I will always remember how good you were at bringing the ball back through the inside or finding forwards. Once your career has finished, I'm sure that you will make a very good coach.

I don't think getting rid of Lynch is purely down to getting rid of an old hat to make way for new blood, i think we've got our sights set on a surprising compensation pick. My guess is that he'll have a few clubs after his signature, he's actually rated higher outside the club by other supporters than our own (which is usually the case)

Predicting end of round 2 compensation pick.

Several picks to the Dogs for points for Darcy and we take their 1st rounder, and we won't bid on Darcy.

Calling it!

I don't think getting rid of Lynch is purely down to getting rid of an old hat to make way for new blood, i think we've got our sights set on a surprising compensation pick. My guess is that he'll have a few clubs after his signature, he's actually rated higher outside the club by other supporters than our own (which is usually the case)

Predicting end of round 2 compensation pick.

Several picks to the Dogs for points for Darcy and we take their 1st rounder, and we won't bid on Darcy.

Calling it!
We don't get compensation if we weren't offering him a contract surely?

If you’re a coach whose contract is up for renewal at the end of next year, why risk having a squad that’s dangerously close to good enough to be judged on such nonsense as “results”or “performance”. When you can artificially create a hole in the squad that needs another year of development.
Nice conspiracy theory. Nicks's contract is up at the end of next year but he will be extended in the off-season this year. Rarely do coaches wait until their contract is up to get an extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back