Lynch Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Tom should have been considered for another year. He has been a great club man and we need people like that around the club especially as we are rebuilding. A fit Tom would be an asset. But the powers to be think differently. I have to accept that but if the club offers Mackay another year I will be extremely pissed off.

Thanks for your services Tom. You can hold your head up high.

If you're going to tag me please make it something substantial or don't bother.
It is weird, if you posted a laughing response to that post. it's literally just dates.

That being said, it's not the kind of thing that I'd worry much about either.

I think Tom should have been considered for another year. He has been a great club man and we need people like that around the club especially as we are rebuilding. A fit Tom would be an asset. But the powers to be think differently. I have to accept that but if the club offers Mackay another year I will be extremely pissed off.

Thanks for your services Tom. You can hold your head up high.

I would have thought his leadership qualities, along with the fact he’s performed pretty well since coming back, would have got him another year, but I think we’ve weighed up that ‘year’ against what compensation pick he might gain, along with where the other contract $$’s might be freed up. He’s certainly still above the local level in terms of his ability, and his leadership qualities will be sought after. I think he’ll get picked up in the free agency period.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wonder if the Lynch announcement, plus some others that have just sprung up means the AFL has told the clubs list sizes for next year?

I wonder if that list size is on the smaller end of the scale given, IMO at least, that Lynch had a case for another season at least?

I wonder if the Lynch announcement, plus some others that have just sprung up means the AFL has told the clubs list sizes for next year?

I wonder if that list size is on the smaller end of the scale given, IMO at least, that Lynch had a case for another season at least?
They announced it last week - no change from 2021 (i.e. they have reneged on their promise to reinstate list sizes for 2022).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They announced it last week - no change from 2021 (i.e. they have reneged on their promise to reinstate list sizes for 2022).
Rogey, I did a quick search on the news section of AFL website before I posted but I only probably searched back 3 days worth, thanks for letting me know and grrr at AFL for not expanding list sizes.

No excuse for selecting him this week then.

Thank Tom, you've been a great player for the club.
Happy to play him at home against North. A proper farewell is justified for this guy. I'm sure the boys would like to send him off in style. Good for the players, the club, the fans and for Tom Lynch. And I'd like to see him play his last game too. Sniff, he's a good guy is our Tom.

Surely to the cats to reunite with his mate. Bit young at 30, but they might try and refresh their list in the off season.
This is funny (or is it?)
BTW... How good has Isaac Smith been this year for the cat's?
If Tom wants to play on, I hope he gets a gig...

Bit of a bummer, been a favourite of mine for a long time. If we were even a little bit further ahead in our rebuild you'd imagine he would have got another year.

He'll definitely add something for a challenging side next year, wouldn't be at all surprised if he's signed by Geelong.
Yep but not best 22 unless he can go to halfback. Rowan, Cameron and Hawkins plus the smalls make their forward line hard to crack into.
Maybe a wing?

AFL rules simply state a net loss of Free Agents is what determines a compensation pick.

Can you point to anywhere in the rules where it states we have to offer a new contract?

I was under the impression we would still get compensation unless of course no interest arises, and we would delist.
I believe for Lynch at least if you are not willing to offer a contract the club should not b given any comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back