Traded Lynden Dunn [traded to Collingwood with pick 51 for pick 47]

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to Mahoney - this is a good will trade. Will be for a pick neither collingwood or Melb will use
We'd be better off if we had him available as depth, but I'm happy enough to let him play somewhere he'll actually get senior games regularly, he's been a very good servant to the club.

We'd be better off if we had him available as depth, but I'm happy enough to let him play somewhere he'll actually get senior games regularly, he's been a very good servant to the club.

Only passing on Mahoney's thoughts. There will be no value in the trade for Melbourne other than good will they engender.

I'd say once he got his fitness back he was an AFL level player again, it just happened to be that Sam Frost and Oscar emerged as AFL players in the back end of the season. If he had stayed at Melbourne he could earn his spot back depending on how they go.

I wouldn't be overly critical of Collingwood for this move. It's part of rebuilding. Keeffe or Jack Frost was going to be your man. One got a drug ban, the other your coach has decided didn't measure up and is off to Brisbane. Nathan Brown was your reliable depth and now you'll exchange that for Dunn.

Then you hit the draft or trade for a proper long term solution.

Bringing in a 30 year old isn't great but at least you know what you'll get and you can keep standards high. If you bring in an unknown state league type it can take 3 years to work out if they can or can't measure up at AFL level and by then you haven't fixed the problem.

I think this is maybe where we differ. I se this move as another bit of incompetency. Not because of Dunn, what you say about him I can accept but that it has come to this last minute desperation move. The rebuild on the run we were meant to have has now morphed into a full rebuild and there are suggestions Gubby doesn't think we have got it right and wants to pull it apart further.

Facing another year of possibly slipping further down the ladder isn't very inviting

I think this is maybe where we differ. I se this move as another bit of incompetency. Not because of Dunn, what you say about him I can accept but that it has come to this last minute desperation move. The rebuild on the run we were meant to have has now morphed into a full rebuild and there are suggestions Gubby doesn't think we have got it right and wants to pull it apart further.

Facing another year of possibly slipping further down the ladder isn't very inviting
Picking up Dunn, given everything that's happened, isn't a bad move.

Everything that's happened definitely covers a series of pretty bad moves though.

Dude, That tweet was from last night.
If he was correct it would've gone through today....... it didnt.
started with bad puns ( Dunn deal) and his Timing is nothing but crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynden DUNN

2016 VFL
14 games
Averages

• 14.0 kicks
  • 5.2 handballs
  • 19.2 disposals
  • 5.6 marks
  • 2.6 tackles
  • 0.1 hitouts
  • 1.6 inside 50s
  • 6.2 rebound 50s
  • 0.8 frees for
  • 0.7 frees against
  • 78.93 DT points

Totals
  • 1 goals
  • 2 behinds
  • Named in the best players list 5 times

Dunn will give them good service for a couple of seasons although all they need now is Garland and the pies backline will look like the 2014 MFC defense

In the spirit of bumping last years' trade threads

A few eggs on faces here, funnily enough most from our own supporters. Dunn has been a terrific highlight in an otherwise mostly underwhelming season. A toast to the Dees for being so easygoing in his departure.

17 games against key forwards and truly only lost one battle when Kennedy kicked 6, however we still won the game.

In the spirit of bumping last years' trade threads

A few eggs on faces here, funnily enough most from our own supporters. Dunn has been a terrific highlight in an otherwise mostly underwhelming season. A toast to the Dees for being so easygoing in his departure.

17 games against key forwards and truly only lost one battle when Kennedy kicked 6, however we still won the game.
No doubt part of Bucks master plan for world domination.

Col Sylvia is looking for a gig?

He started it by ending your season :frogface::coffee:

VlgXG.gif

He is no Alex Rance. However you know with Dunn you'll get a solid 4 quarters every week. He was certainly liked by most the Dees fans.
I was somewhat surprised he didn't get more games last year. However we got games into Oscar McDonald and that's worked out.
I thought Schade looked good at the start of the year. Dunn seemed to take his spot. Dunn still has another year or two in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back