Player Watch Lynden Dunn (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dunn bump and free kick had me completely stumped.

Higgins ran into Dunn's space and Dunn did what any defender would do, hardly his fault Higgins went down like a sack of s**t. Happens after most goals but players don't stage that dramatically. Then Dunn cops a smashing from another Tiger with a shoulder near enough to the head and the free isn't reversed?

And even if you're paying the free against Dunn - it's from the centre circle like the one against Murray was at the bounce on Wednesday, not right in front of goal FFS

I haven’t seen it on a replay, but my initial feel was that whoever attracted the 50 actually went to shepherd Pendles on the mark and hadn’t no business standing there. But would need to see it again to be certain.

Really stupid by Pendlebury, Tigers player with a Pies player running just in front, Pendles steps across and lays the shoulder in, completely unnecessary.

Really stupid by Pendlebury, Tigers player with a Pies player running just in front, Pendles steps across and lays the shoulder in, completely unnecessary.
Like I said, I didn’t really see it, but that was my initial thought.

And even if you're paying the free against Dunn - it's from the centre circle like the one against Murray was at the bounce on Wednesday, not right in front of goal FFS
Nope. Rule 15.1.2 "...a Free Kick shall be taken where it is awarded or where the football is at the time, whichever is the greater penalty against the offending team."

Umpy was right. Dunn was dumb.

Murray's free was from centre because the infringement was in our backline.

Higgins ran into Dunn's space and Dunn did what any defender would do, hardly his fault Higgins went down like a sack of s**t. Happens after most goals but players don't stage that dramatically. Then Dunn cops a smashing from another Tiger with a shoulder near enough to the head and the free isn't reversed?

if you infringe a goal kicker after they scored they get another kick at goal. its been around along time. I reckon Greg Wells was the first one to get a freebie a long time ago. they just never pay it.

Nope. Rule 15.1.2 "...a Free Kick shall be taken where it is awarded or where the football is at the time, whichever is the greater penalty against the offending team."

Umpy was right. Dunn was dumb.

Murray's free was from centre because the infringement was in our backline.
if you infringe a goal kicker after they scored they get another kick at goal. its been around along time. I reckon Greg Wells was the first one to get a freebie a long time ago. they just never pay it.
Well I've learned something today but surely the retaliatory hit on Dunn overturns the free, no?

I thought Dunn lost the Plot as it was Idiotic.

IF it was back in the day when they only had 1 Sub on the Bench he would of been Dragged

Lol the first free kick was a disgrace and if the umpire pays that he should pay the reverseal. That umpire should be back doing bush footy next week
Anyone saying that was not a free has got their Collingwood googles on. Just stupidity. Higgins was reasonably celebrating his goal, Dunn chose to make forceful front on contact which Higgins didnt initiate in any way. Stupid especially when in front of their goals.

Reversal was a possibility but probably not enough force from Catagna, wasnt far off though.

Don't care much for it, it shouldn't have been a free kick and was only given in the heat of the moment because Riewoldt dropped Pendlebury minutes later and nothing was made of it. A bit silly but I reckon Higgins was going to go over to Appleby and get into him, thats why Dunn flew the flag. He plays with passion and is rarely beaten, didn't think he did too bad but wasn't his best game.

It was just embarrassing that some idiots wanted him dropped because of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't care much for it, it shouldn't have been a free kick and was only given in the heat of the moment because Riewoldt dropped Pendlebury minutes later and nothing was made of it. A bit silly but I reckon Higgins was going to go over to Appleby and get into him, thats why Dunn flew the flag. He plays with passion and is rarely beaten, didn't think he did too bad but wasn't his best game.

It was just embarrassing that some idiots wanted him dropped because of it.
Cmon, Higgins had just turned Appleby around and when he was running after he kicked the goal was running directly away from Appleby. Wasnt near another Collingwood player and didnt even see Dunn til just before the bump. 100% Dunn just having a brain fade

Dunn has plenty of credits in the bank co clearly not a droppable offence. Hope Bucks gave him a spray though.

Cmon, Higgins had just turned Appleby around and when he was running after he kicked the goal was running directly away from Appleby. Wasnt near another Collingwood player and didnt even see Dunn til just before the bump. 100% Dunn just having a brain fade

Dunn has plenty of credits in the bank co clearly not a droppable offence. Hope Bucks gave him a spray though.
Some are paid some aren't. Just one of the times it was paid a free

Some are paid some aren't. Just one of the times it was paid a free
I would expect that to be paid everytime virtually. Can you think of a similar example where it wasnt?

Anyone saying that was not a free has got their Collingwood googles on. Just stupidity. Higgins was reasonably celebrating his goal, Dunn chose to make forceful front on contact which Higgins didnt initiate in any way. Stupid especially when in front of their goals.

Reversal was a possibility but probably not enough force from Catagna, wasnt far off though.
Dunn was dumb.

The free should have gone to the centre, surely.
Would be more equitable when occuring after a goal was scored for mine but if it happens forward of centre thats where the free is paid. Gives a little more incentive for a forward to try and milk a free or agitate their opponent as their penalty no where near as severe.

Yeah agree. But I don't think the umpire can do that if they call it? It's a rules of the game issue rather than an umpiring one.
Yeah it is a rules of the game issue, but when you see something like that cost a team 6 points you really have to wonder how 'fair' that is and if it really justified.

Team starting it in the middle is much fairer whilst still punishing the team for giving away a free kick.

I would call it Droppable Offence but be saved with Injuries we have got

Remove this Banner Ad

Back