Player Watch Lynden Dunn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pragmatic Shill

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
What's the sitch with the Dunny man?
He's only just progressed to running recently. He wants to play on next year but we haven't opened up talks yet. He's that desperate to keep playing that he is open to seeking a third club and even nominating for the supplemental selection period next year. That's all according to Fox Sports late last week.

PIEWITHSAUCE

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's only just progressed to running recently. He wants to play on next year but we haven't opened up talks yet. He's that desperate to keep playing that he is open to seeking a third club and even nominating for the supplemental selection period next year. That's all according to Fox Sports late last week.
Wow - didn't realise that. I was expecting that - give his situation (age/ACL) and his "heart and soul" status at Collingwood - it would've been Collingwood or nothing. I would be very surprised if he got onto another AFL list at this point. We should try and keep him but preferably VFL on a path to coaching.

jackcass

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wow - didn't realise that. I was expecting that - give his situation (age/ACL) and his "heart and soul" status at Collingwood - it would've been Collingwood or nothing. I would be very surprised if he got onto another AFL list at this point. We should try and keep him but preferably VFL on a path to coaching.
VFL has a very limited salary cap of something just north of $200k unless I'm mistaken. Makes it tough to transition senior listed players and continue to retain our VFL list.

I reckon a 1 year deal on minimum chips augmented by some coaching responsibility would be fine for Dunn. If he get's back to something like his pre-ACL injuries form then he'd genuinely challenge Roughy for his spot. If he doesn't, then he's the perfect on-field leadership to mentor the developing players at VFL level.

Would allow the club to continue with the Kelly forward experiment, foster Keane's development, and free up Madgen to a role I think he's better suited to like a 3rd tall or Mayne like wing role.

Last edited:

Top Bottom