Player Watch Lynden Dunn (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tough break. Should look back proudly upon his career should it (likely) be the end. Maybe he rushed his comeback, who knows but at his age rushing back is more than understandable.

It’s a bit early to think about replacing him but at least he did the team thing and injured himself before the mid season rookie draft! Yeah macabre joke I know.

Last edited:
Morgan Ashlee posted a photo of Dunn on the mats to here, and Browne stole the photo and tweeted it without credit.

Not the 1st time someone in Media don't give Credit to there Source

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sam Rowe are you serious ?

Rowe is the perfect example of why a mid season draft is sound. Allows teams to plug a sudden hole for the remainder of the year only.

As a dour full back he is better option then Madgen, and better than Kelly at this point.

Would rather someone better, but Knightmare what's available in the state leagues?

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Rowe is the perfect example of why a mid season draft is sound. Allows teams to plug a sudden hole for the remainder of the year only.

As a dour full back he is better option then Madgen, and better than Kelly at this point.

Would rather someone better, but Knightmare what's available in the state leagues?
WT, Rowe the same delisted Carlton player? He’s only good for teams like St.kilda and Carlton. There’s many state league players I would rather.

Get Gaffed

Senior List
Aug 11, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shattered by the news, was extremely worried going into the game as it was a little too early. Skinny whippets can come back early as they for the most part don't suffer from the same swelling in the knee as others. Didn't need to rush him as we have the cavalry, wonder if he would consider going Lars just to get back for this year although I know our dr doesn't and won't do them. He can still assess his options and I think in his situation it's worth looking at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

With Dunn coming back, I'm not sure there is a need for another key defender.

Dunn pretty easily comes in for Roughead and the club have that second AFL standard key defender. Mihocek can be swung back if need be. Reid can come in and play back.

If the club wanted someone immediate from the state leagues. Tyler Keitel key defence or key forward can be something like another Mihocek for the Pies as another of those capable KPPs.

To offer a different name. Lucas Cook (2010 first round pick of Melbourne) last year was another who proved a very capable key defender and for the first time put together the standard of season where like with Keitel I'd be comfortable playing him at AFL level.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
WT, Rowe the same delisted Carlton player? He’s only good for teams like St.kilda and Carlton. There’s many state league players I would rather.

Only delisted because they already have Weitering and Jones and other tall kids. But agree to disagree. Which 195cm 95kg + KPD would you take from the state leagues right now?

Only just read this and it’s taken the wind out of my sails bigtime. Gutted for Dunn. That was an ACL injury without doubt.

*sigh*

Is Michael Hartley still on Essendon’s list or did he get the chop?

May 7, 2011
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Tottenham, Oakland Raiders
Only just read this and it’s taken the wind out of my sails bigtime. Gutted for Dunn. That was an ACL injury without doubt.

*sigh*

Is Michael Hartley still on Essendon’s list or did he get the chop?
Share the glum disappointment... poor bugger.
Yeah, Hartley re-signed with Ess.

I guess we’re pinning our hopes on Kelly and Quaynor coming along quickly then. If either of Moore or Roughead go down we’re back to Goldsack.

May 7, 2011
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Tottenham, Oakland Raiders
I guess we’re pinning our hopes on Kelly and Quaynor coming along quickly then. If either of Moore or Roughead go down we’re back to Goldsack.
You wouldn't want to be moving Mihocek from the F50 with it working so well as a group, so we've got Goldsack and Reid for back ups; then Madgen for now (could he still be getting better, at least as a negating FB). Kelly is a fair way off, physically.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I’m upset that he’s injured but I reckon he would have been proud of the effort tonight, carn the pies and carn Dunny!!!

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not the end of the world for Dunn, it was his last year anyway and I doubt he was going to get in our senior side.

Time for him to focus on coaching for the rest of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back