Player Watch Lynden Dunn (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the end of the world for Dunn, it was his last year anyway and I doubt he was going to get in our senior side.

Time for him to focus on coaching for the rest of the year
Dunny certainly didn’t think so. He was in the leadership group and spoke about playing for another few years on one-year contracts.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
I guess we’re pinning our hopes on Kelly and Quaynor coming along quickly then. If either of Moore or Roughead go down we’re back to Goldsack.

We still have Reid as well. Langdon and Howe we know played admirably last year out of their weight divisions last year. We will get Scharenberg back eventually. Oh and lets not forget Mihocek was recruited as a key defender. And theres also Madgen as well as Murphy who is a tallish player in development. No lack of options even without Dunn. All teams get injuries and fortunately for Collingwood Dunn is one we can cover even with Shaz also out.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

That doesn't look good. Very sad turn of events. Be a full 12 months recovery from a re-occurrence like that. Probably up to him and what he wants to do but will likely get another year now if he's keen to try and get back.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just so ******* wrong. Dammit.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Classy response.

jerkle15
My love for not only my teammates but the footy club and the great people involved with it leave no doubts in my mind that I can make a full recovery.
Running out on the G with the boys is at the forefront of my mind and something that I will make sure happens again!
Thanks for the love, care and support from you all! 🖤🖤🖤

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Love his spirit but 2 ACL’s after 30 really doesn’t look good.

I wonder what his chances for a rookie contract are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible shame for Dunny.
Hope he can get back early like Moneyballs for the GF Finals.
Great influence around the club.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not the end of the world for Dunn, it was his last year anyway and I doubt he was going to get in our senior side.

Time for him to focus on coaching for the rest of the year
Are you serious?

The guy has worked his arse off to get a chance to play finals. He would be gutted.

Worst possible news for Dunny.
And rightly or wrongly he reckons delaying his comeback by another couple of months wouldn't have made much difference...

He isn't ready to hang them up either, wish we could bottle up his spirit.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Horrible news about Dunny. Really hope he plays on, and gets a go to play finals footy before his career ends.
As Dunny is out for 12 months, will we fill his spot on the list with a mid season draft pick, with Lynden on the LTI?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back