Traded Lynden Dunn

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Bartram is a more than handy back pocket. His opponents rarely get much of a kick, and he is very good tackler. I think it is his best position. The problem is his disposal needs to go up a cog otherwise Bennell, Strauss and co will sail straight past him. Bennell may have already.

Yeh great endeavour from Bartram but youre right - he just isnt damaging at all with the footy. Hes purely defensive so I do prefer other options bringing the ball out of defence. Hes really just a shutdown player and hence I think Dunn just has him covered.

Fingers crossed for a big year from CB.

Yeh great endeavour from Bartram but youre right - he just isnt damaging at all with the footy. Hes purely defensive so I do prefer other options bringing the ball out of defence. Hes really just a shutdown player and hence I think Dunn just has him covered.

Fingers crossed for a big year from CB.

Yeah, I like Bartram too, but it seems nowadays the back pocket & the halfback are the most attacking roles in the game, & he's not an attacking player.

I think with all the guys waiting in the wings, & the recruitment of Macdonald it's going to be very difficult for Bartram to get into the side.

I think both Dunn and Bartram will struggle to see much game time in 2010, barring a bad injury run of course. Bartram can play back or midfield, but his skills simply aren't up to it. And with some good ball-users coming through like Bennell, Blease and Strauss (plus Joel Macdonald), he will fall down the pecking order.

As for Dunn, unless he improves his tagging ability, then his midfield days are up. Morton, Grimes, Scully, Trengove and Tapscott will all be introduced into a midfield that already contains Moloney, Sylvia, Jones, Green, Bruce, Davey and McDonald. Appears that it's gonna be forward or bust for Dunn (but how often have we said that on BF?).

Dunn will get game time due to the fact that it would be stupid to disregard all if our experienced players in favour of the new kids straight off the bat. I realise we need to get games into them, but they still need to earn thier spot. Dunn's versitility is needed in our side as he can almost play anywhere. There will obviously be times where Dunn and Clint get overlooked, due simply to the fact they are senior scapegoats, but I wouldn't write thier season off just yet.

Bell on the other hand....

You really are an idiot, writing off a kid 48 hours after he's been drafted.

Please get a clue.

What a joke of an idiot.

Bags a kid within 48 hours and praises Dunn as a forward.:D

Has anyone actually seen Dunn take a contested mark or one over his head?

Everyone's getting all misty eye over a few games as a decoy forward early in his career. that was all he was. a Decoy.

He would drag his opponent away and give neitz and robertson a one on one with decoy leads. If opponents didn't pay respect and ran off him to neitz, teammates would look to him for an uncontested mark.

Dunn as the main man. Fail, fail, fail.

His only hope is tagger with his massive engine and probably height and strength advantage. His foot skills aren't to bad either.

A midget stuck in KPP body.

What a joke of an idiot.

Bags a kid within 48 hours and praises Dunn as a forward.:D

Has anyone actually seen Dunn take a contested mark or one over his head?

Everyone's getting all misty eye over a few games as a decoy forward early in his career. that was all he was. a Decoy.

He would drag his opponent away and give neitz and robertson a one on one with decoy leads. If opponents didn't pay respect and ran off him to neitz, teammates would look to him for an uncontested mark.

Dunn as the main man. Fail, fail, fail.

His only hope is tagger with his massive engine and probably height and strength advantage. His foot skills aren't to bad either.

A midget stuck in KPP body.
The general consensus in this thread is that he should be played as a lead-up forward, not unlike Miller...except he can kick much better. Nobody said that he should play as our main full forward out of the square. That would be catastrophic if he was our main full-forward.

Dunn would add further versitility to our forward line which he doesnt offer to our midfield. That is why it is plain and simple that he should once again become a forward.

Dunn would add further versitility to our forward line which he doesnt offer to our midfield. That is why it is plain and simple that he should once again become a forward.

It seems obvious doesn't it Batemania? Dunn, in my eyes is a natural forward. When he burst onto the scene and slotted a couple from outside 50 i thought he might be the next David Neitz. He's got some tricks (see the Leon Davis-esque goal he kicked along the ground in the infamous 'Jordie McMahon game' earlier this year). He's got the height and he's on his way to a James Frawley type build, he even played forward in some of our praccy matched at the start of '09. SO WHY don't the FD play him where he belongs? Why waste him on stupid tagging roles when our forward line is patchy at best??

Surely with our abundance of mids and our lack of tall forward targets Dunn will be given a second footy life in 2010 up forward.

Ok. Fitzpatrick has got all the credentials to be a champion key forward.

Does that make you all warm and fuzzy?

I'm not saying he will become a champion key forward, I'm just calling you an idiot because you've already declared he'll never make it as key position forward a mere 48 hours after he's been drafted.

At least give the kid a chance to prove himself before you declare he won't make it and you should be slamming your head against a brick wall after making such stupid and extremely premature statement.

Just have to say that I enjoyed reading the article 'Dunn and Dusted' on the MFC website. 8 goals from Dunn is a good haul.

I know it’s only the VFL, but you can only play where your picked. He has made a statement and produced what was required after being dropped.

Maybe its the confidence booster he needed. His goal-point ratio is poor this year and I'm not sure how many shots it took him to kick 8 on the weekend. In saying that, this year at AFL level he is at least 'having a shot' at goal.

There are a lot of Dunn haters on this board and im not suggesting that an 8 goal VFL effort will shut them up, i just hope that he doesn't blow his last few chances and drop off the AFL planet.

He is only 23, for the sake of the MFC, i hope these types of performances continue.

Good to see him get a bag against box hill had 6 shots the previous week as well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully they drop Miller for Dunn and plonk him in the forwardline. A lot of people here share that view, give him time in one place, not jack-of-all-trades'ing his way through a match.

Hopefully they drop Miller for Dunn and plonk him in the forwardline. A lot of people here share that view, give him time in one place, not jack-of-all-trades'ing his way through a match.
This. I think at the moment, him (or Hughes) are a neccesity in the 22.

Thought he was very good yesterday. Presented well, is flexible in that he can play midfield or deep forward (loved it when he out-bodied Presti to mark in the pocket) and didn't seem overawed out there.

I was ready to write him off a few weeks ago but I reckon he could be a very handy utility, and possibly a permanent member of a flexible forward line including Bate, Watts, Miller, Jurrah, Petterd, Wona, Green, Sylvia etc when everyone's fit and firing.

Thoughts?

I enjoyed his game yesterday, not afraid to take a mark and have a kick for goal. If he can string a few games together hopefully we can start seeing some consistent two goal games from him, which is what we really need right now.

When all our forwards are up and fit (Sylvia, Jurrah, Wonna, Petterd etc) I'm not sure he has a place in the team but then again he might slot pretty nicely into the spot currently taken by Miller. At any rate, he's a nice tall option to add a bit of depth to our team, and lets be honest, how often are we going to have a fully fit and functioning forward line?

I thought he was pretty good as well. He was probably left a little unaccountable in the first term but really stood up when the team needed that good lead.

I too was questioning his spot in the team but i think he may have done enough to keep it now for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back