Traded Lynden Dunn

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he was pretty good as well. He was probably left a little unaccountable in the first term but really stood up when the team needed that good lead.

I too was questioning his spot in the team but i think he may have done enough to keep it now for a while.
Errr, I was watching on TV so although i couldn't see the whole ground the whole time, Dunn was on Heath Shaw who had one possession until Half time so I'm not sure how you get unaccountable from that performance..

Just watching the last quarter, Dunn had a great chase effort on Shaw and Shaw kicked it straight to the boundary line, I think Dunn may have affected the kick slightly but in any case a great effort by him and in the end Shaw was lucky not to get pinged for delibrate.

Yeah, I thought Lynden was pretty good yesterday, particularly in relation to his defensive duties, as Shaw can be a very dangeros player if he gets going.

I also thought he presented and marked pretty well too, so all in all, it was a good effort from Lynden which will almost certainly see him retain his spot in the side next week.

You can't question his effort, his job on Shaw was fantastic, it will probably get him another week in the team. He just let himself down by dropping a mark he should have taken in the last quarter (after gettin in superb position which is his strength) and by not kicking the goal. He's at a stage in his career where he really needs to make the most of his opportunities.

I think Miller is currently fighting PJ for the back up ruck spot, so after that there are probably only 5-6 spots for forwards. Bate, Sylvia and Green are probably locks. We need Jetta and I think they will persavere with Watts. So really Dunn needs to make the most of his chances otherwise someone like Wona, Bennell, Maric or an extra midfielder will take it.

I was a little bit suprised he got dropped in the first place to be honest. While he was frustrating at times, he was still finding the pill across half forward but was wasteful. He's clearly a forward, please play him prodominantly down there! He can take a mark inside fwd 50, to us that's gold right now.

(Delivery this week was way better yesterday when we were able to break the lines and kick it flat and long through the middle. Collingwood were forced to bomb it in like we had been).

I have always thought that he has the potential to become a special player, and in the past few weeks i think we have seen the talent he has to offer. We have always fired up at the coaches and selection committee saying that Dunn is a forward and that is where he should play but i personly think he is growing into his position in the midfield. Two weeks ago against Essendon while Lynden was tagging Watson was the moment that really forced me to make this comment. He gathered 21 disposals, 11 marks, 8 tackles, 4 I50's and 1.0. I attended the game and although Watson gathered 32 disposals i thought Dunn played a much better game. i believe he has the height, the marking ability and the endurence to become a top 20 player at AFL level. It is rediculous to say he should be delisted, all i see in his goal kicking is inconsistency, we saw the other week he kicked 9 in the VFL. Dunn will surprise a lot of supporters in the next two years.

two threads on the front page? Dunn would be beside himself.
The problem with Dunn is that because he DID manage to kick 9 at VFL level it would suggest to me its a mental thing (ie pressure of the AFL).
And IMHO, overcoming mental issues/ie 'the yips' takes a really, really special kind of player.
My 2 cents

2nd thread on dunn... didn't think he deserved one

Yes well i didn't think my rev up for Dunn deserved to be placed in a anti-Dunn thread. Yes he may have the yips but we all seem to have had the confidence in Colin Sylvia to make the transition to the next level in his AFL career while he has been coming over the yips, why cant we have the same confidence in Dunn? he was also a 1st round pick? I believe there is a massive scope for improvement in his game at the top level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i believe he has the height, the marking ability and the endurence to become a top 20 player at AFL level.

I'm sorry but that is absurd.

Well, he has got 2 out of 4 right there.

He's got the height and endurance right.

Can't take a mark overhead let alone a contested mark.

Kicking for goal is flaky.
Top 20. hahahahaha.

I'm sorry but that is absurd.
It's beyond absurd.

But what the last few weeks have shown is that Dunn plays his best footy as a defensive player. Give him a starting point and he can be very handy.

He smashed Shaw on QB. Was ok in Adelaide. Kept Gilbert honest and kicked a couple against the saints, smashed Watson when the game was on against Essendon and after getting a number on him early by Mundy rebounded with a better second half.

I think he has the ability to fulfill a role in the team and therefore a spot on the list. But we should probably all give up on him being a star attacking midfielder or a gun key forward. His height and marking ability should be seen as a bonus, that's all.

With a lack of depth in our forward line I think it would be pretty silly to delist him.

Without doubt there will be no room for him in the midfield in 2 years time so he will have to make his name as a forward, best of luck to him.

I remember 2 or 3 years ago when we played the swans at Manuka (Canberra) and he tagged Goodes and he did a great job, keeping him to 11 possessions. But like i said before there wont be room in a couple of years.

I have the feeling he will be competing for the same role as Petterd, Sylvia and Bate (just to mention a few) and i dont know if he is of the same standard. Very happy to be proven wrong with a bag of 5 or 6 this week though :p

It's amazing how two people can look at the same player so differently.

Dunn doesn't have anything special about him, in my view, aside from the fact his endurance is very good for a man of his size.

Whilst I think he deserves to retain his spot on the list, Lynden is a role player and nothing more than that. On occasion, he'll have an excellent day, but I see him as a contributor rather than a standout player for us, and I'm sure most people would hold a similar view.

how many goals will he kick this year, my pick 33, my dad called him dun the gun since 08, i couldnt see it until last season, massive part of our side.

Always rated Dunny...
he is so versatile, has a tireless work rate and seems like he learnt how to kick straight last year.
Love him launching from outside 50 with that accentuated arc going through half post height.

Could easily kick 40 this year.

Have always been a big fan of him, showed signs early in his career when used as a tagger.

This was my post after his 8 goal VFL performance early last yr;

"There are a lot of Dunn haters on this board and im not suggesting that an 8 goal VFL effort will shut them up, i just hope that he doesn't blow his last few chances and drop off the AFL planet.

He is only 23, for the sake of the MFC, i hope these types of performances continue."

My feelings remain the same.

Have always been a big fan of him, showed signs early in his career when used as a tagger.

This was my post after his 8 goal VFL performance early last yr;

"There are a lot of Dunn haters on this board and im not suggesting that an 8 goal VFL effort will shut them up, i just hope that he doesn't blow his last few chances and drop off the AFL planet.

He is only 23, for the sake of the MFC, i hope these types of performances continue."

My feelings remain the same.
where are all said Dunn haters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back