Scandal Lyon and Brownless

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can anyone copy and paste the story ?

Garry Lyon and best friend Bill Brownless in feud that is threatening AFL Footy Show line-up

EXCLUSIVE: A feud between Garry Lyon and best friend Bill Brownless has threatened to disrupt the make-up of The Footy Show this year.

The Herald Sun understands the two have fallen out over a deeply private matter which has affected both Lyon and Brownless personally.

Brownless is said to be devastated by the turn of events and has conceded to friends that his mateship with Lyon is virtually over.

It’s believed Lyon, who is said to be under incredible stress because of the situation, hasn’t yet committed to the season-opening show, expected to be on March 23, the day before the AFL season kicks off at the MCG.

The probability of Brownless and Lyon working together this year remains remote.

To complicate matters, Brownless’ former wife Nicki and Lyon’s wife Melissa were understood to be best buddies as well, with both families frequently holidaying together.

Both Lyon and Brownless, who were contemporaries on the field and have worked together on The Footy Show for at least 15 years, did not return calls from Herald Sun last night.

A senior Channel Nine executive also did not return calls yesterday.

It’s understood people at Channel Nine are aware of the details of why the friendship took a sudden nosedive.

Lyon and Brownless underpin Channel Nine’s flagship sports show, with their blokey humour and close relationship a winner with viewers.

Lyon’s camaraderie with Sam Newman is also a reason why the show has been a TV phenomenon.

Brownless and Lyon are also key on-air talent at radio station Triple M, although the pair are not on the air together.

Lyon is the face of the station’s game coverage on Friday night and Saturday, while Brownless does a weekday program with James Brayshaw, who is also the co-host of The Footy Show.

Sources told the Herald Sun yesterday Brownless was unaware if he was appearing on the The Footy Show this year.

Lyon’s position will be determined over the coming weeks.

A TV institution, The Footy Show and Brownless came under fire late last year when he called a mother and daughter “strippers” at a junior football function.

AFL chief Gillon McLachlan spoke to Channel Nine managing director Ian Paterson about the sexist gaffes.

It was a difficult year for the ever-popular Brownless.

In July, he spoke of the pain caused by the split with Nicki.

“I didn’t see it coming, so that hurt,” Brownless said.

“And I took a while to get over it. But you’ve got to get back up because that’s what I do, you’ve got to be up and bubbly. We all get down but it’s about getting back on the bike.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never understand people with no work life balance. Don't know how eddie is still married. He appears to work 24 hours a day. Why would you do it??

Don't know why 60+ year old gazillionaires like Clive and Trump want to waste the rest of their life in politics. I'd be off on some desert island with my feet up, or I'd be traveling the world.

If I were to take a guess here, Gaz has left his wife and hooked up with Big Bill's former wife.

Don't know why 60+ year old gazillionaires like Clive and Trump want to waste the rest of their life in politics. I'd be off on some desert island with my feet up, or I'd be traveling the world.

If I were to take a guess here, Gaz has left his wife and hooked up with Big Bill's former wife.

I'm same as you I would retire and go travel the world if I was loaded .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back