Scandal Lyon and Brownless

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interview showed the human emotions first hand, but it didn't really sway me that much. It is just a wounded ego - not life and death. All parties separated - it's not really so immoral. Uncomfortable, but nobody had an affair with a married person. Awkward, but not incomprehensible. I get that the friendship probably can't survive this, but I don't think it was malicious, and it shouldn't be painted as betrayal, as such. Nobody was betrayed - even when somebody says they feel betrayed. Billy's and Garry's marriages were well and truly finished. Hopefully Billy can get over his ego at some stage - he'll be happier if he does.

Good mates don't steal from each other, if Gary wanted to date Billie's ex, he should have at least suggested it too Billie, Billie may have been happy for him to do so, but instead Lyon lied to his mate, if they can't be honesty with each other then they were never mates, there is nothing extreme about it.

Last edited:
A whole much of people on this thread were pretty sure it was the daughter. They weren't joking around either. I hope they all feel thoroughly stupid now. Was always a ridiculous notion.
? Why? The daughter and Garry arent ever going to admit it to Billy. I highly doubt that the daughter would bang Garry but who cares? Not sure why you are on your high horse about this issue.

There isn't a man alive who wouldn't be shattered in Brownless's position. Forget divorce and all that. You can be divorced a year, and still get a bad shiver up your spine if you even hear your ex is seeing a guy - some guy you don't even know. It's primal. When it's a mate, that is hard. Also, it's playing out in the public arena in real time. You got no time to repair.

Good mates don't steal from each other

Jesus Christ.

We aren't cavemen who own our women. She wasn't Bill's property to be stolen.

Garry was single
She was single
They hooked up as two single consenting adults.

Billy's ego is bruised and his friendship with Garry is obviously over, but can we not talk about women as if they are akin to nothing more than trophies?

Good mates don't steal from each other, if Gary wanted to date Billie's ex, he should have at least suggested it too Billie, Billie may have been happy for him to do so, but instead Lyon lied to his mate, if they can't be honesty then they were never mates, their is nothing extreme about it.
Steal? Is his ex wife a possession you can 'steal'? Implies ownership. The reason you dont bang your friends partner (or ex) is that is because you understand that there would be emotional ramifications and therefore choose to avoid acting in a way that would emotionally hurt a friend . You dont not do it because of some notion of 'stealing'.

Last edited:
That whole bunch of flogs(footy show,wolf-pack etc) are nothing but self absorbed, egomaniacal, narcissists. None of this bullshit would be public knowledge if they weren't.

Wonder how many girlfriends,wives and daughters this lot have ploughed through without giving a second thought to the fallout.

Spare me the faux moralistic outrage at rumour mongering JB you weedy little scab of a man.

The interview showed the human emotions first hand, but it didn't really sway me that much. It is just a wounded ego - not life and death. All parties separated - it's not really so immoral. Uncomfortable, but nobody had an affair with a married person. Awkward, but not incomprehensible. I get that the friendship probably can't survive this, but I don't think it was malicious, and it shouldn't be painted as betrayal, as such. Nobody was betrayed - even when somebody says they feel betrayed. Billy's and Garry's marriages were well and truly finished. Hopefully Billy can get over his ego at some stage - he'll be happier if he does.

Don't know about Gary's, but Billy's marriage collapsed only about 6 months ago....he wouldn't have been over that yet, only to then find out Gary had got in there virtually straight away. A feeling of betrayal by his two most trusted people (wife and best mate) would be and is still very real.

Think about that when life and all it throws at us, finally reaches you....because right now you come across as a person devoid of life experiences and emotions..........cold actually, which is sad.

That whole bunch of flogs(footy show,wolf-pack etc) are nothing but self absorbed, egomaniacal, narcissists. None of this bullshit would be public knowledge if they weren't.

Wonder how many girlfriends,wives and daughters this lot have ploughed through without giving a second thought to the fallout.

Thousands. They have been living in the Olsen Hotel for how long running some kind of bachelor's rooting club? They would have ploughed many a girl/woman who was partnered up without a single second of reflection for the third party. F*ck these flogs.

There isn't a man alive who wouldn't be shattered in Brownless's position. Forget divorce and all that. You can be divorced a year, and still get a bad shiver up your spine if you even hear your ex is seeing a guy - some guy you don't even know. It's primal. When it's a mate, that is hard. Also, it's playing out in the public arena in real time. You got no time to repair.

Steal? Is his ex wife a possession you can 'steal'? Implies ownership. The reason you dont bang your friends partner (or ex) is that is because you understand that there would be emotional ramifications and therefore chose to avoid acting in a way that would emotionally hurt a friend . You dont not do it because of some notion of 'stealing'.

It could be viewed as stealing because Lyon would have known that Billie was sad about his divorce, yet went ahead and dated Billie's ex but the reason it is stealing is because he hasn't been upfront about his interest in the ex and when Billie has asked Lyon about it, he has lied to Billie's face, Billie will be feeling that he has been used by his now ex mate and Lyon has shown a lack of respect or loyalty for his mate, by all means be interested in a mates ex but at least be open to that mate about it.

Jesus Christ.

We aren't cavemen who own our women. She wasn't Bill's property to be stolen.

Garry was single
She was single
They hooked up as two single consenting adults.

Billy's ego is bruised and his friendship with Garry is obviously over, but can we not talk about women as if they are akin to nothing more than trophies?

I said nothing about Billie owning his ex wife, I am talking about how Garry acted towards Billie, not the wife.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullshit. That was glorious. If I still had a VCR I would have taped it and watched it again.

Garry Lyon is a ******* champion. Rooted Billy's wife, daughters, and now I bet he's having a beer watching the fat slob Brownless cry on TV.
You must be a real legend.

I ******* hope Garry is watching tonight and saw what he has done to a close mate. Never seen Billy cry before and it was hard to watch.
I bet he was watching mate. And I bet Billy's wife was there too :D

Sam Newman when Shane runs out at the start. "Oh Shane why couldnt it have been you and not Gary" minutes after Billys in tears next to him, sums the man up right there.

Yeh great call Sam, lets all laugh at the fat clowns expense.

Newman is utter trash as a human being.

So in other words you read it on BigFooty then passed it off as something you'd 'heard'?
You are the perfect example of why forums like this can be so s**t.

No actually dickhead. I hadn't read it here and just repeated it. I had heard it from someone in AFL circles, it's not something to just say willy nilly.

You're the exact reason assumptions are never a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back