Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GlocksTickin

Senior List
Jan 28, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
How do you rate these Warriors that could be on the verge of 3-peating against the great Bulls outfit led by Jackson, M.J and co that did 3peat on two separate occasions. Yes the Warriors haven't did it yet, and may not. Nonetheless the likes of Curry, Klay, Durant and Green led by a bloke that was on that Bulls roster will no doubt go down as one of the greatest sides in history. Despite going down in one of the greatest NBA finals come backs the game has seen, the Warriors did break the Bulls regular season record for games won going a staggering 73-9. They did before they signed star recruit Kevin Durant.

Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc, Longley, Rodman, , PaxmanGrant, Kerr etc vs Steph, Klay, Iggy, KD, Green and now a pretty handy DeMarcus Cousins.

Hypothetical who wins a best of seven series, and what would the series finish on. You can pick either of the great Chicago sides.

In before Kerr vs Kerr

Bulls are my favorite team of all time. MJ is the reason I follow basketball. He's my favorite player ever (with daylight 2nd, 3rd and 4th). If I had a choice of watching a live game I'd watch 10 Bulls games before 1 Warrior game.

Having said that, as constructed, Warriors are better. Throw in that the game has evolved where players and team play is better today. I mean the Bulls run an offense that just can't be used anymore because it's obsolete.

Lining up the teams player by player, and the Bulls have the advantage in exactly one position. And in that position the Warrior still have a 5 time All Star who might be the 2nd best shooter of all time.

It would be a fun series that could go either way, but the Warriors would be deserving favorites (under any rules).

Are we playing by late 2010s rules or early 1990s rules?

The top 7 for 3 point shots made in a season consists of Steph Curry x 4, Klay Thompson x 2 and Ray Allen.

Last year Curry, Thompson and Durant drained about 600 3s between them and Curry missed nearly half the season. The trio averaged over 70 points a game. They're a phenomenal shooting team and that is how the game is played now. The top teams are now sinking over 1,000 3s in a season.

Jordan and co. didn't play that way. They played in a more physical era having cut their teeth against the Bad Boy Pistons in the late 80s.

While it would be close I think the Warriors would win under today's rules and it would be similar to Warriors vs Cavs with Jordan carrying his side's offence. If we took it back to 1993 I don't think the Warriors would handle the physicality.

Ultimately depends on whether Kerr wants to win as a player or coach. Warriors have superior talent across the board and the modern game is simply far too efficient to believe that a 1990s team could really win unless the Warriors coach decides to tank.

Back