M.Marsh or Maxwell

The Swans Blog

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
Thread starter #1
This continues on from the Smith vs Maxwell thread. Maxwell is a far better cricketer than Marsh, yet Marsh keeps getting selected for the 4th seamer role in the test side, having shown no previous form or ability. Some decent performances aside, should MMarsh be in either the ODI or test team ahead of Maxwell.

Marsh getting out for nothing again in the ODI against New Zealand can't have done him any good, especially with Maxwell being a proven short form player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doodlesweaver

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Actually it's Head v Maxwell, what with the notion that Head is an spin bowling all-rounder.

Faulks or Henriques is Marsh's competition.

Maxwell needs to stop pissing people off, as I find it absurd that he's not in the short format teams.

Stevi_Tigers

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester United
maxwell is better then marsh by a long long way. if his surname wasn't marsh he would be no where near the Australian set up

The_Reaper

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
marsh doesn't get wickets or make runs so how is he in the best 11 cricketers in the country
He averaged 37 in ODI cricket with the bat coming into this match. Strike rate of 90.

Useful 5th bowler which you actually do need in One Dayers.

Which is in line with Finch and ahead of Maxwell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stevi_Tigers

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester United
He averaged 37 in ODI cricket with the bat coming into this match. Strike rate of 90.

Useful 5th bowler which you actually do need in One Dayers.

Which is in line with Finch and ahead of Maxwell.
maxwell is a better bat and much better fielder then marsh. only thing i think we will agree on is finch shouldn't be in the side

The_Reaper

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
maxwell is a better bat and much better fielder then marsh. only thing i think we will agree on is finch shouldn't be in the side
Yet Marsh scores runs more reliably than Maxwell.

For balance sakes when Zampa plays we should go for Marsh and when Faulkner plays instead of Zampa we should go for Maxwell.

Mitch Marsh's limited overs batting is grossly underrated on bigfooty.

We should stop confusing the mediocre test player with the fairly good limited overs allrounder

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Actually it's Head v Maxwell, what with the notion that Head is an spin bowling all-rounder.

Faulks or Henriques is Marsh's competition.

Maxwell needs to stop pissing people off, as I find it absurd that he's not in the short format teams.
Agree it's head v maxwell. At this stage of year head is in better form so can't understand the outrage over the non selection. Don't worry about what idiot mark Nicholas says. Look at past history. Head was chosen to join the test team in Sri Lanka. He played ODIS in sri lanka & Sth Africa ahead of maxwell. Recently Maxwell got dropped fron victoria start of season And in the last shield game head hit 150 more runs than maxwell.

The only argument to pick maxwell is cos he can hit a reverse sweep. He needs to go make some runs and he hasn't for ages. Channel 9 just want him in for entertainment & marketing. But I'd prefer to actually win

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Maxwell is the better bat (marginally, based on ODI form) and Marsh is the better bowler (comfortably). So it really depends on team balance and what you need for each game. Personally, I think Marsh is ahead given he can provide a genuine bowling option and reliable batting.

AFL Club
Carlton
I'd have Faulkner ahead of Marsh at the moment for sure. Feel like he's the kind of bloke you can't leave out. Head batted very well today but in a general sense but I'd take Maxwell over Head currently. Got away with 5 bowlers today.

LukeParkerno1

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I'd have Faulkner ahead of Marsh at the moment for sure. Feel like he's the kind of bloke you can't leave out. Head batted very well today but in a general sense but I'd take Maxwell over Head currently. Got away with 5 bowlers today.
Head is more than handy as a bowler, wasn't needed today but as a 6th bowler he's more than fine. Consistently bowls domestically.

HBF

Flying Scotsman
AFL Club
Carlton
The real question is why Marsh is in the side over Faulkner considering Faulkner has a better record with both the bat and ball
Faulkner has been injured and has only just started playing again.
I dare say if he's fit for the ODI's in January he'll play ahead of M.Marsh.

Top Bottom