M.Marsh or Maxwell

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole Mitch Marsh situation encouraged extremes, from the selectors backing his 'potential' in the face of poor form to over the top criticisms.

As for Faulks, I don't think it's hilarious to back him in for a chance. His shield figures are better than Marsh's across the board and a lot of those that don't want him to play are basing it on 'gut feel' that his technique is somehow not up to Test cricket while Marsh's is.

Actually it's based on guy feel that neither Marsh or Faulkner should be in the team because we should be playing 6 batsmen.

Only three all-rounders in ODI cricket average more than 35 with the bat and less than 35 with the ball. Two of these cricketers are Australian – Mitch Marsh and James Faulkner.

The third (based on having played at least 30 ODIs at the time of writing this article early in the New Zealand innings yesterday) is Sri Lankan skipper Angelo Mathews. All three of these players are among the most valuable ODI cricketers on the planet.

Yet Marsh has become the new Shane Watson. By that I mean that he has become the Australian cricketer who attracts more clueless criticism than any other.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/cric...alia’s-new-watson/ar-AAleglP?ocid=mailsignout

Worth a read.

This continues on from the Smith vs Maxwell thread. Maxwell is a far better cricketer than Marsh, yet Marsh keeps getting selected for the 4th seamer role in the test side, having shown no previous form or ability. Some decent performances aside, should MMarsh be in either the ODI or test team ahead of Maxwell.

Marsh getting out for nothing again in the ODI against New Zealand can't have done him any good, especially with Maxwell being a proven short form player.
No. Marsh is s**t.
Barely playing state level cricket atm.
Dumb_and_Dumber_2_Movie.jpg

That's been my position for a while, but think Faulkner is worth keeping in mind. His domestic figures are good, his first Test was good, if he can raise his game, he could make it.

Only if he gets more runs. 1 ton isn't near enough.

I just love this boards circle jerk fest for both the Marsh brothers. Guy gets a duck, worshipped. 1 good innings out of 10, he's the next Watson. Yep, next Watson alright, a few good performances and mediocre the rest of his career, just like his bowling.
Do you read any posts other than your own? There's no circle jerk for Mitch Marsh, it's almost universally agreed that he shouldn't be in the Test team. However, his ODI figures speak for themselves and he deserves his place in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure some of the posters around here laughably think he's the best all rounder in the world.
I've got an idea. We play Marsh 1 game, Maxwell 1 game, Marsh 1 game, Maxwell 1 game etc. Because they are both so inconsistent, if we time it right, we'll get 50 runs, 2 wickets, 1 catch every game.

Definitely Maxwell.
Also It's time to drop Finch and Bailey

1. Warner
2. White/DHughes/Ferguson or Patterson
3. Smith
4. Henriques
5. Head
6. Maxwell
7. Wade or Paine
8. Faulkner
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazlewood

We got a more useful bowler than Mitch Marsh for these pitches too.
Keep up the good work Maxwell. 4th Test to make your first Test century and also now batting in a spot you should be batting rather then them crazily batting you at first drop before. Good effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back