M.Marsh or Maxwell

Remove this Banner Ad

Marsh will be fine. The list of test cricketers who got a gig for their talent, sucked a bit, got dropped, and then came back later better than ever is more than I have time for. Marsh will be no different.

Selecting him for this Indian tour was a horrid decision though.

I feel for Mitch though. He's a great talent but his confidence is shot after painful selection after painful selection.

Hopefully he finds form and consistency over the next few years at state level.
Talent is just a word. He really hasn't shown a great deal at FC level that suggests he'd ever make a good test batsman.

I think he's shown plenty in the shorter forms and that's more than likely where his future lies. No shame in being a good ODI players, but the selectors should never have given him a go at test level until he showed something at FC level.

Talent is just a word. He really hasn't shown a great deal at FC level that suggests he'd ever make a good test batsman.

I think he's shown plenty in the shorter forms and that's more than likely where his future lies. No shame in being a good ODI players, but the selectors should never have given him a go at test level until he showed something at FC level.

it seems merit means nothing if you have a daddy on the selection committee. just ask his brother.

I feel for Mitch though. He's a great talent but his confidence is shot after painful selection after painful selection.

Hopefully he finds form and consistency over the next few years at state level.

Just work on his game and make a crap load of runs then come back.

Should play some county cricket

Just work on his game and make a crap load of runs then come back.

Should play some county cricket

good suggestion

It will make him a far more rounded player and more useful if he understands UK conditions

To an extent, I feel for Mitch Marsh because he was thrust into the side when he was in poor form, during the most difficult tour possible. He had practically no chance of success.

Hopefully we won't be seeing him in the Test side for a while.

Was trying to dig up a Maxwell thread but came across this instead. 2 years on and it's still a valid debate. MMarsh was finally dropped from the test team, while Maxwell has well and truly been worked over by the selectors. Both are verging on cricket management travesties at the polar opposite ends of the scale.

There is still time for M.Marsh to play test cricket.Let him play a season of shield cricket and even a season of county cricket as some one else suggested.The sooner the ACB sort out this fixturing debacle with no shield games for nearly 3 months it will be fairer for M.Marsh,Maxwell and co to.

There is still time for M.Marsh to play test cricket.Let him play a season of shield cricket and even a season of county cricket as some one else suggested.The sooner the ACB sort out this fixturing debacle with no shield games for nearly 3 months it will be fairer for M.Marsh,Maxwell and co to.

Don’t give me nightmares! Haven’t we got rid of the Marsh disaster for a while?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back