M.Still & T.Slattery

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you talking about? Nobody on our board said "he killed it" in 2009 so I don't know how you came to the conclusion that this is the general consensus.

He started poorly and was under pressure to retain his spot. From there he pulled out some good games and overall had a decent/good season.

The other poster is suggesting that he didn't play 1 decent game in 2009 or at any other stage in his career. Clearly the guy has no idea at all about football or is simply trolling.

As fo his age and experience, this has absolutely nothing to do with my post or the point I am making.

Jim wasnt having a go at u by no means if thats the way you took it. Hence why parts werent in response to what you said just more my thoughts on Dyson.

My post was a bit side tracked from what was going on with your convo just think he is standing on his last legs which are probs overdue IMO. Lets hope he gets up to a new level next season.

Also have heard people suggest that Dyson was one of our best players in 09 but cbf proving that point as it has little to nothing to do with the discussion. As it obviously wasnt you and there are a lot of trolls and interesting posts out there. The burden of being a big club :eek:

Dyson was in our top 10 performers last year.
Bit s**t, IMHO, talking about how s**t he is when he missed 3/4 of the season injured.
Will be good to have him back, was missed. (Crameri, Quinn and Houli were getting games FFS)

Bit s**t, IMHO, talking about how s**t he is when he missed 3/4 of the season injured.
Will be good to have him back, was missed. (Crameri, Quinn and Houli were getting games FFS)

People talk about injured players both positive or not, all the time :confused: confusing statement. Last year was one of the most injury ravaged team going round. You could argue he secured such a high ranking due to playing more games then most of our quality players.

My post wasnt reviewing his season, merely an observation at all his years at the club. I suggest he has only had one half decent season in 09. I think he is 26 next season (could be wrong) think about it like that its his 8th season around about (" ") thats not good to only be a fringe 22 in a bottom 3 side. You look at there development up until this point not just there last season.

I support bombers players no matter what, that being said i will not blindly accept they are better then what they are.

Then again gumby hasnt shown much but i have his number on my back :D

Bit rich. Played 9 games ave. 16 disposals. 2 games he got more than 17 disposals. Another season of excuses for a 25yo nearly 100 game player.

Bit rich. Played 9 games ave. 16 disposals. 2 games he got more than 17 disposals. Another season of excuses for a 25yo nearly 100 game player.
"Last year". Check calendar. Clearly hampered by a knee most of this year so IMHO it's a bit rough sledging his form; so you're one of the people I was originally talking about.
Let's just wait and see what he does when he's fit.

"Last year". Check calendar. Clearly hampered by a knee most of this year so IMHO it's a bit rough sledging his form; so you're one of the people I was originally talking about.
Let's just wait and see what he does when he's fit.

Wowee. He's been on the list for 6-7 years and you could count his good games on one hand. So your saying hes been injured the whole time? Would not get a game at any top 8 club.

Wowee. He's been on the list for 6-7 years and you could count his good games on one hand.
I don't have 12 fingers on my hands, so I'd be onto my 3rd hand just thinking about the 09 season. Played about 6-8 good games the year before, even one or two this year.
So your saying hes been injured the whole time?
When did I say that?
He's had his issues, sure. Hammies, OP, a knee.

Would not get a game at any top 8 club.
McQualter, Ray, and Peake played just about every game in a grand final side, Ben Johnson won a flag.
Dyson's same level as them, "just a player".

You're just throwing stupid carte blanche statements around, they really don't add anything.
Which bit of "he was missed" did you disagree with?

I don't have 12 fingers on my hands, so I'd be onto my 3rd hand just thinking about the 09 season. Played about 6-8 good games the year before, even one or two this year.

When did I say that?
He's had his issues, sure. Hammies, OP, a knee.

McQualter, Ray, and Peake played just about every game in a grand final side, Ben Johnson won a flag.
Dyson's same level as them, "just a player".

You're just throwing stupid carte blanche statements around, they really don't add anything.

The problem is Slatts we have five or six 'Dyson types'. It amounts to list cloggers. You obliviously think he has value and he may have too if the other four go.

Nothing wrong with putting players like Dyson in the spud realm it just means someone has to rise or be flicked. I am fine with dyson being flicked.

The problem is Slatts we have five or six 'Dyson types'.
Agree.

It amounts to list cloggers.
Disagree slightly, he's a 1st 22 player. When fit. {Not too far above it tho}

I am fine with dyson being flicked.
So am I, if we can get a better player. And going past pick 60/80 odd, I don't think that's going to be the case.
Certainly not worth paying out a year of his contract just to take that risk.
If he doesn't cement himself again next year, he'll be gone, simple as that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole lot.

He played 2 vfl matches before retuning against Geelong, was useless. Blame the knee, easy excuse, sits out another before the split round, plays following week in the vfl and gets another recall against Melb, was crap again, ball use was terrible. Misses 2 more weeks before having 2 more matches in the vfl before bringing him back for another big game and we get smashed by 100 points. Every game he came back for we got thumped and has never gone back to the vfl and earnt a game like other players have had to. Hopefully the free ride ticket has been stamped invalid for next season.

The whole lot.

He played 2 vfl matches before retuning against Geelong, was useless. Blame the knee, easy excuse, sits out another before the split round, plays following week in the vfl and gets another recall against Melb, was crap again, ball use was terrible. Misses 2 more weeks before having 2 more matches in the vfl before bringing him back for another big game and we get smashed by 100 points. Every game he came back for we got thumped and has never gone back to the vfl and earnt a game like other players have had to. Hopefully the free ride ticket has been stamped invalid for next season.

LC

Have to agree.

Dyson's form in the preseason was average - Not poor - This continued into the AFL season.

Was hoping for more improvement in 2010 but went slightly backwards.

Agree.

Disagree slightly, he's a 1st 22 player. When fit. {Not too far above it tho}

So am I, if we can get a better player. And going past pick 60/80 odd, I don't think that's going to be the case.
Certainly not worth paying out a year of his contract just to take that risk.
If he doesn't cement himself again next year, he'll be gone, simple as that.

Uuumm when did he cement himself the first time, his 2009 was average at best, we need mids who average 28 possies not 17.
Dyson and Henry are very very lucky, I am sick of watching players like that play for the mighty dons. Whenever Henry gets it he looks sideways then backwards, seriously he is a good stopper, but he will never be MArk Johnson who would take on the opposition and run towards goals. Dyson is Timid and soft. To quote MAlcolm Mclaren "Two buffallo girls go round the outside".

The whole lot.
So Quinn and Houli (and Crameri etc) are better?
Now I have heard everything.

Uuumm when did he cement himself the first time, his 2009 was average at best, we need mids who average 28 possies not 17.
He was off a flank, and got our 4th or 5th most touches for the year.
I agree entirely that they're both lucky, in that they came around when we have been weak.

So Quinn and Houli (and Crameri etc) are better?
Now I have heard everything.

You must love the sound of your own voice. You asked which part of "he was missed" did i disagree with. He was not missed at all due to the fact we were 0-3 for the matches he returned for. Your claiming he was injured for most of the season, he had lead up matches at VFL level for all the reurning games yet didnt feel the injury was bad enough to pull out of AFL games, thats not injured its just soft. I would rather Houli over Dyson every day of the week and it is impossible to fathom how somebody can be supportive of Dyson and so critical of Houli, at least Houli can hit a target.

You must love the sound of your own voice. You asked which part of "he was missed" did i disagree with. He was not missed at all due to the fact we were 0-3 for the matches he returned for. Your claiming he was injured for most of the season, he had lead up matches at VFL level for all the reurning games yet didnt feel the injury was bad enough to pull out of AFL games, thats not injured its just soft. I would rather Houli over Dyson every day of the week and it is impossible to fathom how somebody can be supportive of Dyson and so critical of Houli, at least Houli can hit a target.
First off I don't talk when I'm typing or reading. Maybe you do, nothing wrong with that.

He was missed. You cannot seriously sugegst that Crameri, Quinn etc were better players and expect people to take you seriously.

I don't know why Dyson played a couple matches half-fit; I don't know why Mark Williams also played hafl a year in the 2s when he needed surgery; I don't know why they kept persisting with Winderlich when he was clearly injured as well. But they did. It failed.
But good to see Dyson's finally gone in for an arthroscope on his "soft" knee.
I can't fathom how you keep supporting Houli, who was a) not much good, b) soft, c) had a good old whinge and eventually d) walked out. (Not that we really tried).

I suggest you give Richmond a go. I really mean that.

First off I don't talk when I'm typing or reading. Maybe you do, nothing wrong with that.

He was missed. You cannot seriously sugegst that Crameri, Quinn etc were better players and expect people to take you seriously.

I don't know why Dyson played a couple matches half-fit; I don't know why Mark Williams also played hafl a year in the 2s when he needed surgery; I don't know why they kept persisting with Winderlich when he was clearly injured as well. But they did. It failed.
But good to see Dyson's finally gone in for an arthroscope on his "soft" knee.
I can't fathom how you keep supporting Houli, who was a) not much good, b) soft, c) had a good old whinge and eventually d) walked out. (Not that we really tried).

I suggest you give Richmond a go. I really mean that.

I suggest you think by posting a whole heap of crap every day and having school children believe it gives you some kind reputation of being in the know. Your most likely one of the flogs who kept on telling everybody that Matty Knights was a great coach :eek:.

Dyson career ave. 14.9 disposals.
Houli career ave. 18.9 disposals.

Imagine if Bachar got the free meal ticket that Dyson has had.

Wayne Campbell career ave. 23.3
James Hird career ave 20.3
Therefore, Wayne Campbell > Hird.
Fun game, eh?
I'm over Houli, I'm not unhappy to see the back of him, I won't shed a tear when he rips us up at Coburg, you can keep cheering for him as long as you want.

Nice deflection. Youve managed to turn a wank over Dyson into more Houli bashing without offering a shred of evidence to back up your initial claim. Top reading as always :rolleyes:.

Nice deflection. Youve managed to turn a wank over Dyson into more Houli bashing without offering a shred of evidence to back up your initial claim. Top reading as always :rolleyes:.

LC

Did you expect anything else from slattery_20 ?

This could be a long-winded debate.;)

"a wank"?

Most positive thing I said was "In our top 10 last year". "was missed". "just a player". Compared him to Farren Ray and McQualter. Said he'd be gone if he didn't get back fit and firing. Pointed out he'd been struggling with injuries.
OTT?? "wank"???
Hardly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back