Media M95 Media: Statement From Pennsylvania

Transcript:

Hello and thank you for joining me today.

Earlier this week the Pennsylvania Vampires were informed by the Administration of the Sweet F.A. that our bid to be the 13th side for Season 30 was approved. This decision was vetoed and seconded by members of the committee which lead to a vote. Today, we were told that the vote went 7 vote to 5 against expansion.

Firstly, we would like to thank the Admin and the committee for the time they took to consider our bid. Although we are heart broken about the decision to not include the Vampires for S30 we respect the process that was used and the decision that was reached.

To my Vice-Captains SarahSmiles and Dingster , I would love to thank you both for your wonderful effort and support of this club. You were both enthusiastic, grounded and put in so much work to recruit not just rookies but the seniors we signed. The club would have been lesser without the input of you both and I look forward to seeing you both in future seasons. Our seniors Deaneus! , Chipmunk and Bastyy , you guys have been a pleasure to work with. You helped our rookies get involved, participated in our matches and helped behind the scenes. Thank you all for your help in this club.

Looking to the future, will we see the Vampires trying to come back in S31? Maybe. The LG will take the feedback provided from the committee, review our process, what we did right and what we may have done wrong. Once we have reviewed this we will make a decision about S31 or if we are better off holding back for a few more seasons. Our rookies have already been informed of the decision for S30 and have been encouraged to sign up with the current SFA clubs and have been linked to the sign-up thread. I really hope to see them playing in the SFA for not just next season but S32, 33 and beyond. There is some amazing talent there and I know for sure many of them are going to contend for the EKA next season.

So this leaves us with the question: Expansion, was it worth it? Yes. Yes it was. I still believe that expansion is a healthy and natural extension of the league and whilst it would seem that I am in the minority it was worth it. The expansion project provided months of content for the league. From the discussion thread, to the Vampire announcement thread which was not only the most watched media thread for May on the board but the most liked post on BigFooty as a whole for the 24 hours after it was posted, to the parody threads that propped up after, to giving Scandal more hits and a whole host of other threads and content that was made all because of expansion. Expansion gave the board drama which helps it thrive. It also got to see how certain individuals present themselves in given situations and I think we all could learn a thing or two from that.

Thank you to all those who participated in expansion threads and discussions. Whether you wanted us, hated us or just wanted an excuse to cause some drama. The people of the league are the reason we are here. For the banter and interactions we have with a whole host of different people. You are why we are here and why we love playing Aussie Rules DnD.

As for me? Well, who the * really cares?

Thank you for your time.

~ Millky95

Sep 6, 2009
FNQ
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Bears

Transcript:

Hello and thank you for joining me today.

Earlier this week the Pennsylvania Vampires were informed by the Administration of the Sweet F.A. that our bid to be the 13th side for Season 30 was approved. This decision was vetoed and seconded by members of the committee which lead to a vote. Today, we were told that the vote went 7 vote to 5 against expansion.

Firstly, we would like to thank the Admin and the committee for the time they took to consider our bid. Although we are heart broken about the decision to not include the Vampires for S30 we respect the process that was used and the decision that was reached.

To my Vice-Captains SarahSmiles and Dingster , I would love to thank you both for your wonderful effort and support of this club. You were both enthusiastic, grounded and put in so much work to recruit not just rookies but the seniors we signed. The club would have been lesser without the input of you both and I look forward to seeing you both in future seasons. Our seniors Deaneus! , Chipmunk and Bastyy , you guys have been a pleasure to work with. You helped our rookies get involved, participated in our matches and helped behind the scenes. Thank you all for your help in this club.

Looking to the future, will we see the Vampires trying to come back in S31? Maybe. The LG will take the feedback provided from the committee, review our process, what we did right and what we may have done wrong. Once we have reviewed this we will make a decision about S31 or if we are better off holding back for a few more seasons. Our rookies have already been informed of the decision for S30 and have been encouraged to sign up with the current SFA clubs and have been linked to the sign-up thread. I really hope to see them playing in the SFA for not just next season but S32, 33 and beyond. There is some amazing talent there and I know for sure many of them are going to contend for the EKA next season.

So this leaves us with the question: Expansion, was it worth it? Yes. Yes it was. I still believe that expansion is a healthy and natural extension of the league and whilst it would seem that I am in the minority it was worth it. The expansion project provided months of content for the league. From the discussion thread, to the Vampire announcement thread which was not only the most watched media thread for May on the board but the most liked post on BigFooty as a whole for the 24 hours after it was posted, to the parody threads that propped up after, to giving Scandal more hits and a whole host of other threads and content that was made all because of expansion. Expansion gave the board drama which helps it thrive. It also got to see how certain individuals present themselves in given situations and I think we all could learn a thing or two from that.

Thank you to all those who participated in expansion threads and discussions. Whether you wanted us, hated us or just wanted an excuse to cause some drama. The people of the league are the reason we are here. For the banter and interactions we have with a whole host of different people. You are why we are here and why we love playing Aussie Rules DnD.

As for me? Well, who the fu** really cares?

Thank you for your time.

~ Millky95

I'm not an expansionist by any means, but this made me feel sad :(

Unfortunately we didn't get up, but the effort that Millky95, Dingster and Chipmunk have put in has been gargantuan and it's been an absolute privelage to be involved in this with you guys.

Really looking forward to seeing our rookies tear it up in Season 30 and we'll be back! We are undead after all!

Last edited:
I’d like to place on record that this team has been a pleasure to work with. We have achieved a fantastic amount in the time we have spent together and each of your contributions has in its own way forged a new and unique identity which will be a force when the Vampires are admitted.

I shall be returning to the Hawks, but will be watching progress with interest and chippying in. Looking forward to the time we will be in opposition and the irony is not lost on me that my final kick for the Vampires was a on-the-siren shank out on the full which would have won the game.

Thanks to Millky95 , Dingster and SarahSmiles for bring inspirational.

Carn the Vamps!

.... and accordingly I hope no player associated with either expansion bid goes near the Warriors, Royals or Bombers. These Clubs have shat on the bids and players from Day 1. There are other decent teams to sign up with.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
.... and accordingly I hope no player associated with either expansion bid goes near the Warriors, Royals or Bombers. These Clubs have shat on the bids and players from Day 1. There are other decent teams to sign up with.

Damn, we were really keen on picking up *checks notes* Chipmunk and that other guy.

Damn, we were really keen on picking up *checks notes* Chipmunk and that other guy.

1593342481392.gif

Just want to chime in and say how great Millky95 and the gang have been throughout the process, and even in that limited time it's been a lot of fun for a rookie such as myself. I will be hanging around the league, and it's a credit to the likes of Millky, Dingster and SarahSmiles and everyone else who chipped in, for make it welcoming to us rookies and sparking the interest.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Jealousy is the highest form of flattery. The more you post this dribble, the more desperate you look.

431971_38326465d9a98c1eeaf81c905e623ac1.gif

Warriors pass :)

Back