Boomerfan99

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nuggets
All

My mac pro died tonight. I tried starting numerous times with no luck and I put the power cable in but no light at all.

I followed Apples instructions for resetting the SMC with no luck.

Anyone got any ideas? Would the Apple shop guys be able to help?

Still got warranty? If not its going to be an expensive repair/RMA. They will charge ridiculous amounts if your warranty is expired.

May well be a faulty or dead component.

If it's out of warranty, what I'd do is remove the storage drive(s) inside and sweat bullets hoping you can retrieve whatever data you had on it via a USB HDD converter of some sort.

All

My mac pro died tonight. I tried starting numerous times with no luck and I put the power cable in but no light at all.

I followed Apples instructions for resetting the SMC with no luck.

Anyone got any ideas? Would the Apple shop guys be able to help?

Hi mate,

Did you manage to get your Mac Pro to boot?

Hi mate,

Did you manage to get your Mac Pro to boot?

Hey mate. No good. Tried rebooting many times with no luck. I didn't bother talking to Apple store either.

Luckily I had backup of pictures and important files. I've lost a fair bit of music and movies etc but who cares.

Had enough of Macs so I bought a HP instead.

Still got warranty? If not its going to be an expensive repair/RMA. They will charge ridiculous amounts if your warranty is expired.

May well be a faulty or dead component.

If it's out of warranty, what I'd do is remove the storage drive(s) inside and sweat bullets hoping you can retrieve whatever data you had on it via a USB HDD converter of some sort.

Hey mate. Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. Warranty was out and as you said Apple store charge an arm and a leg and nothing is guaranteed.

As I mentioned to the other guy I luckily had a backup of the important thing.

Hey mate. Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. Warranty was out and as you said Apple store charge an arm and a leg and nothing is guaranteed.

As I mentioned to the other guy I luckily had a backup of the important thing.
Hey mate,
All good. Was wondering if you solved the problem! lol.

That's good news. Regular cloud back-ups every now-and-then is probably necessary. Especially with Macs and how unreliable they can be at times.

HP laptops are generally reliable so you made a good choice there (I use Lenovo myself. They are the same s**t tbh lol). Might want to use OneDrive or use a secondary external HDD to back-up things. Officeworks usually have sales on 1TB HDDs for around ~70. I believe they are Toshiba brand which are pretty reliable considering the fact that I got one for back-ups of documents and other important files haven't had a single issue thus far. USB 3.0 as well for faster transfer speeds. :thumbsu:

Totally up to you though. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back