Macarthur FC Thread

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer...-ffa-over-western-united-20190221-p50zeh.html

With Fox crying over Western Utd not having Melbourne in the name does everyone thing that nails shut the idea that they will be called Macarthur?

Can see Foxsports pushing for some variation of Sydney in the name, ******s (though they do pay for the league).

South-Western Sydney w***erers?

Fox Sports only have a 6-year deal, they're not as interested in the long-term health of new clubs as we are. They'll be pushing with all their might for Macarthur to try and recreate that early magic of the Wanderers as best they can.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Wanderers wanted a season in their new ground to "cement themselves".

A ridiculous and pathetic reason. But true.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Surely most Wanderers fans are rusted on by now? The response to memberships due to the new stadium I'm told has been overwhelming.

If anything that "reason" makes it even harder for McAurthur to attract fans especially if the Wanderers end up having a very good season as well if the RBB will be back in full voice.

I just think it was a petty decision by the FFA that doesn't help the league at all! At a time where it needs a spark of injections next season. Western United can't and won't do it on its own and the inbalance it creates in the fixture is also a massive distraction. FFA got this wrong imo

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Surely most Wanderers fans are rusted on by now? The response to memberships due to the new stadium I'm told has been overwhelming.

If anything that "reason" makes it even harder for McAurthur to attract fans especially if the Wanderers end up having a very good season as well if the RBB will be back in full voice.

I just think it was a petty decision by the FFA that doesn't help the league at all! At a time where it needs a spark of injections next season. Western United can't and won't do it on its own and the inbalance it creates in the fixture is also a massive distraction. FFA got this wrong imo
Most people agree with you.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Rumours are.

The colours will be black and white.

That their will be a Bull in the logo due to the history.

The Bull nickname will not be part of the official name, think Gunners and Arsenal as well as Skyblues and Sydney FC.

Name will be something like Sth West Utd or Macarthur Utd.

There's also a rumour they were looking at naming the club Dharawal FC as well.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/it-s-the-running-of-the-bulls-as-a-league-new-boys-adopt-a-nickname

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Rumours are.

The colours will be black and white.

That their will be a Bull in the logo due to the history.

The Bull nickname will not be part of the official name, think Gunners and Arsenal as well as Skyblues and Sydney FC.

Name will be something like Sth West Utd or Macarthur Utd.

There's also a rumour they were looking at naming the club Dharawal FC as well.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/it-s-the-running-of-the-bulls-as-a-league-new-boys-adopt-a-nickname

I still wish that they would be coming in next season. I can't get over the fact the FFA is delyaling and hampering their entry due to the Wanders.

Black & White sounds Great! It's a colour combination that is missing in the league would be even better if they are Black & white stripes! Just don't let Eddie McGuire get wind of it through. ;)

The idea of the bull with its nostalgic and historical links sounds like a good idea to try and give the club some sort of historical significance but really would anyone care either way?
Glade that rumour is just a rumour would have been a shithouse name!

I think the club is tracking better than Western United but we shell see when all is reviled.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Rumoured name and badge.

Personally like it. 100% better than the West Utd thing
IMG_20190515_111002.jpeg

Will be interested to see the reason behind the design of the bull (already know the history)

3 stars already?

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
3 stars in the logo. Surely the A League should have told them nope. If they allow it you watch Melbourne City fly the USA flag on their crest to pretend they've done something.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Impressive! cool name, cool logo, cool colours. They are tracking a lot better than generic Western United! Who’s reason of choice of colours green and black was due to the grass and bitchumen lol
Always expected Canberra to be the next (or 1st depending on how you look back on the Fury) to wear green.

But yeah Mac FC are all over Western.

Back