Macca australian tour 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

macca and kochie go way back

to adelaide airport!

i can see it now. macca reading out joke of the day. then playing live at breaky central. young and old passing out...

would be tour of the year. for those who think he's past it check out his latest live doi voi doi. still credible.. incredible

Paul is definately not old. As Mansize Rooster attests check out the recent Live at Citi Field DVD the man sings and plays for 3 hours barely taking a break and this includesa still rousing version Helter Skelter, Beatles and Wings staples, and solo tunes, moves alright too.

He has nothing left to proove but will suprise many people who haven't followed him recently.

One hell of a live act, one hell of a back catalogue, one hell of a voice.

macca and kochie go way back

to adelaide airport!

i can see it now. macca reading out joke of the day. then playing live at breaky central. young and old passing out...

would be tour of the year. for those who think he's past it check out his latest live doi voi doi. still credible.. incredible

i was lucky enough to be in dublin for his concert a few months ago.

I would recommend even casual listeners to go if he comes. I'd go again. twice. Excellent beatles covers (including a bit of a tear jerking tribute to george and john), an excellent audio-visual experience and just a hint that beneath the wrinkles there's still that wise-cracking cheeky young lad of over 40 years ago as he's actually quite witty and funny.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2010/rds-arena-dublin-ireland-bd42516.html

there's the setlist.

39 songs............now that is amazing setlist!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if he only came to Sydney and Melbourne, he would get a sellout for sure. I live in hope that one day it will happen but it was meant to happen last year.

One possible flaw in that Melbourne date is the Vics last Sheild game finishes a few days before - from the 17th the Shield final will be held (if they host it). Can't imagine they would want to relocate that to Junktion oval like they did a few years ago.

39 songs............now that is amazing setlist!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if he only came to Sydney and Melbourne, he would get a sellout for sure. I live in hope that one day it will happen but it was meant to happen last year.

One possible flaw in that Melbourne date is the Vics last Sheild game finishes a few days before - from the 17th the Shield final will be held (if they host it). Can't imagine they would want to relocate that to Junktion oval like they did a few years ago.
Wont be a problem when your getting your arse handed to you by the Blues at the SCG :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was listening to 'Venus and Mars' last night..

how do macca fans rate this? i certainly think its right up there. Its a bit of like a best of what he can do. The way it starts your just expecting this big fun stadium pop/rock album but i love the twists and turns he takes on it.

how do macca fans rate this? i certainly think its right up there. Its a bit of like a best of what he can do. The way it starts your just expecting this big fun stadium pop/rock album but i love the twists and turns he takes on it.

You take me back to my birthday back in 1975 sitting on the grass at the Myer Music Bowl with Wings opening the show with the perfect song for the night, Venus & Mars.

Went back the next night too.

Agree! I love it. One of his best.

Follows Band on the Run and Ram for me does Venus and Mars which are what I think are his 3 best albums in the 70's. Paul has been playing a few of the V&M tracks recently, opening with Venus and Mars then Rockshow, just like he did on Wings Over America Tour.

been slowly plodding my way through this
9780007237050.jpg

pretty decent. starting at his solo work chapters cause the beatles story has been told a few times. i'll go back there though

been slowly plodding my way through this
9780007237050.jpg

pretty decent. starting at his solo work chapters cause the beatles story has been told a few times. i'll go back there though

whatd you think of this MR?

I read the whole lot and thought it was excellent, certainly scores points for being uncompromising and raw and not glossing over things like language, the fact he's a bit snooty, etc.

Heather Mills is the world's biggest bitch. what a ****.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back