Macca Calls It Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Would indicate he is the successor for Horse long term

Possible

Though could say that about any of the assistants, Kirky came back etc

From what we get to see he seems like he would make a good go of it

They havent defined the role yet for 4 years Horse said.

On his Birthday?

lol

Just when he was first talking about Macca, was a nice moment

Maccas daughter happily trying to grab microphones, and wander around while horse pours his heart out

Nice moments all round

From the curly haired attacking midfielder with a bit of flair to the solid on field general & cool head... Macca has done more in his career than most. He has reinvented himself multiple times. He has sacrificed & obviously given alot for the club we all love. His contribution cannot be overstated. He will go down in history, quite rightfully, as our premiership captain & a 300-game champion of our great club... pretty impressive & bloody well deserved.

He seems to be a great guy off the field too, always having time for the fans at events & pre/post-games. His experience, knowledge & natural "footy brain" will be a huge asset to our club moving forward. I hope he will carry, teach & pass on that bloods culture that is so important to how our club & players conduct themselves.

I'm looking forward to seeing him run out one last time (*fingers crossed*) & then transition into as solid & reliable an off field leader as he was on the field.

On ya Macca! 💪

Not much one can say to show what a marvel this bloke has been for this club.

Other than this.

Jarrad McVeigh’s career highlights
DOB: April 7, 1985
Draft history: Pick 5, 2002 AFL Draft
Recruited from: NSW/ACT RAMS/Pennant Hills Demons
AFL Debut: Round 1, 2004 v Brisbane Lions
Player No. 1325 to appear for Sydney Swans/South Melbourne
First goal: Round 1, 2004 v Brisbane Lions
Swans Most Improved (2006)
Bob Skilton Medal (2008, 2013)
International Rules side (2010, 2014)

Sydney Swans co-captain (2011-2016)
AFL Premiership (2012)
All-Australian (2013)
Swans Players’ Player Award (2013)
Swans Best Player in Finals (2013)
Swans Best Clubman (2014)

Plays 300th game in Semi Final, 2017 v Geelong
AFL Games: 324 (202 wins, 4 draws, 118 losses)
28 finals games (7th of all-time, behind Michael Tuck with 39)
AFL Goals: 200

“In addition to his leadership with the team, Jarrad has been an extremely trusted confidante for many years. In 2020, we are very fortunate that Jarrad will join the Sydney Swans coaching panel where he will continue to have a major influence on the club’s next generation of young players.”

Love it!

lol

Just when he was first talking about Macca, was a nice moment

Maccas daughter happily trying to grab microphones, and wander around while horse pours his heart out

Nice moments all round
Oh crap...that joke went over a lot of people’s heads! A perfectly fine dad joke wasted😔

Great career. It's really crazy to think how many positions he played, from his early days as a tagger to a forward, into the midfield and then shifting into defence.

Last player who was on the list in 2005 too. End of an era.
Technically Grundy is still on the list but no matter how you look at it, it’s still the end of an era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great career. It's really crazy to think how many positions he played, from his early days as a tagger to a forward, into the midfield and then shifting into defence.

Last player who was on the list in 2005 too. End of an era.

Just remembered an interview Macca gave ahead of or in the early part of 2016. The gist of it was how he and Mal were absolutely determined to do everything they could each do to be in a Premiership side.

For all our success over the years the truth is that we weren't really blessed with many great ball users. Macca stood head and shoulders above the rest in that department.

He will be sorely missed. I wish him the very best as an assistant coach.

A well respected player outside of Sydney as well.
Congratulations on a wonderful career and I wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

Last edited:
Well respected played outside the Swans also. Played hard and fair, terrific leader and a great footy brain.

Great that he is continuing at the Swans in a coaching capacity, possibly a senior gig at the NEAFL Swans early?

I will be the first to admit he became a much better player than I thought he would (never called him names!).

I played against him in junior footy in the Sydney under 18 competition. He played for a Sydney under 16 rep side (like an early Academy side!) and I was playing for a Newcastle-Central Coast under 18 rep side. I also played for Wyong-Lakes as a junior, who were rivals with Killarney Vale where it all started for him. I always thought he was a good player but would never have expected him to play 300 games.

An absolute champion of the club and got absolutely the most out of himself.

Much respect and glad he will continue on with the club!

Was probably coming alas. Even at this point in his career I felt better when he was playing then when he was not, has been our best field kick for quite a while. He will be missed, may his coaching days pay major dividends.

Oh crap...that joke went over a lot of people’s heads! A perfectly fine dad joke wasted😔

I enjoyed it.

One of my favourite McVeigh moments was just last week.
"Why do you wear your hair upside down?" (1:04)

Well done Macca. "Swans Champion" IMO the highest accolade in footy. Better than a Brownlow, Norm Smith and Coleman rolled up into one.

If he coaches, who goes out?
Caroline Wilson on the Realfooty podcast on Monday said that Kirky had presented to Norf.

If he wants to be a senior coach here he has to go to another Club first to learn how others do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back