Podcast Macca's Takeaway & Danger 5 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Episode 2 is up

So, you do think the Magpies are stronger this year than last season, right?

Are you going to talk about the SANFL? Its preseason games will coincide with the beginning of the AFL season, but I wonder about our chances in the state league.

So, you do think the Magpies are stronger this year than last season, right?

Are you going to talk about the SANFL? Its preseason games will coincide with the beginning of the AFL season, but I wonder about our chances in the state league.

I think height will be the issue again for the Magpies, but we could have guys like Rockliff and Ebert running through there a bit this year, as well as Watts and Westhoff too so it could be as strong as last year.

Good podcast again.

1. I can't verify this without being at a game but it feels like we are playing one less defender overall, which is helping our forward structure but affecting our ability to get the ball forward. Will this persist? It will depend on how successful we are.
2. I'm assuming injury affected Lycett.
3. Motlop: ceiling 9/10, consistency 4/10 Farrell: ceiling 7/10, consistency 6/10 - we know who Ken will pick
4. Play all 3 all season !!
5. I see a lot of expectation on Round 1 - in the last few years that meant disappointment but I 100% sincerely hope that the players have been steeled by the 150 gala dinner and discussions with past players - they need to put fears and worries aside and just do it, be confident, humble and ruthless!!

Thanks Macca19 I am really enjoying your thoughts and analysis!

What about Ricks? Not as good? Day old fish and chips compared to the fresh stuff at Sotos?

The latest episode is up

Liked this.

For me the most interesting thing about the Mots/Farrell debate, is that it's likely to very quickly become a Williams/Mead/Mots/Farrell debate... and potentially a Bergman/Mead/Burgoyne/Woodcock/Cox/Williams/Patmore/Mots/Farrell debate soon after (even if some of those guys like Bergman & Patmore aren't quite like for like). So probably within this season it's not gonna be enough for these guys to just be better or worse than each other - they are going to need to consistently grab that spot with both hands.

I think there is a very good chance neither will be in the team in round 18 (though I hope they can prove me wrong).

Patmore is the one that interests me the most as I think he can come in and pick up a lot of the ball. But it looks like SPP is in the role that I'd want Jake to play.

I can see Farrell in the team long term, he just needs to stay involved in games. If he can become a regular 16 disposal player, then I think the benefits with his disposal and goal kicking will make his spot in the side justifiable

I'll be doing another pre game mini podcast each week titled Danger 5, which is detailing who the 5 most dangerous players are for the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back