Macgill kidnapped

Remove this Banner Ad

Explain yourself.

warne's key advantage was his ability to extract turn on regular pitches + keep it tight with his line and length.

Macgill bowled more like a classic leg spinner. So on a spinning pitch with another spinner at the other end keeping it tight, meant that he could afford to be more aggressive and extract the maximum from the pitch.

McGill had a bigger leg spinner than Warne but Warne had more control and more tricks with the wrong 'un, flipper etc, by far the better bowler.

Bowled leg spinner with more side spin but doesn't mean it was better. Macgill did have more effective googly because of line

They only picked two spinners on bunsen burner pitches, so the comparison doesn't really make sense.

It's a fair point. Warne bowled on same wicket but Macgill outperformed him. Argument can be made Macgill was better in spinning conditions

Supposedly he complained to the kidnappers that "the ransom would have been higher for Warnie".

If true, this is possibly MacGill making a reference to the famous story of Julius Caesar's kidnapping in c. 75 BC. As i wrote in my previous post, he did read books without pictures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure I believe McGill's version of events. Seems like he has serious money troubles.

And no, he was not fit to wipe Warne's arse.

What’s gone down here is simple. McGills restaurant, thanks to the lockdowns probably had cashflow problems. McGill put two actors together to get a commission on a deal. Probably enough to pay the rent, phone bills etc.

One of those actors has stiffed the other or been arrested, so McGill is the obvious first port of call to put pressure on to flush out the bad actor.

Obviously he didn’t feel too motivated to go to Police I mean why would he, they’re a bunch of bumbling idiots. So his hand was obviously forced by means of serious threats after being roughed up.

His GF must be an awesome root.

warne's key advantage was his ability to extract turn on regular pitches + keep it tight with his line and length.

Macgill bowled more like a classic leg spinner. So on a spinning pitch with another spinner at the other end keeping it tight, meant that he could afford to be more aggressive and extract the maximum from the pitch.

Why didn't Tim May out bowl then in test together?!

because he was a relatively average off spinner would be my best guess

because he was a relatively average off spinner would be my best guess

This is all from memory

After O'Reilly & Grimmett spin pair of Warne & May played most tests together as a combination. Warne took twice as many wickets in those matches as May.
Funny ppl are giving credit for MacGill's success to Warne when you could make same case for Tim May.

This is all from memory

After O'Reilly & Grimmett spin pair of Warne & May played most tests together as a combination. Warne took twice as many wickets in those matches as May.
Funny ppl are giving credit for MacGill's success to Warne when you could make same case for Tim May.

May’s figures are identical with and without Warne in the team

Warne's record was much better alongside May than otherwise

Which would suggest that at a time when Warne probably didn’t have the relentless control that he developed later in his career (even though his economy rate was very good alongside may I don’t think that had a lot to do with him landing the ball as accurately as he came to do later in his career), he benefitted from having an experienced, frugal, somewhat unexciting but accurate spinner at the other end wouldn’t it?

Which would suggest that at a time when Warne probably didn’t have the relentless control that he developed later in his career (even though his economy rate was very good alongside may I don’t think that had a lot to do with him landing the ball as accurately as he came to do later in his career), he benefitted from having an experienced, frugal, somewhat unexciting but accurate spinner at the other end wouldn’t it?

Warne always had amazing control & accuracy, while May was noted as an attacking spinner. When Warne did well Warne got credit & when guy at other did Warne also got credit for that. MacGill was in same position as Tim May but his stats read as a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back