News Mackay re-signs for 2021 + Gallucci, Poholke, Crocker delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Only quoted kelly who was just blatantly lying

We have kelly who is a shocker hamish who has nfi on how to recruit as we have the worst list

What have we got going for us

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

:) .....another generation of McKay's coming thru under Father / Son ......don't know about you, but I'm excited

1605435449248.png

Maybe we should have made Mackay a training coach. He could have the influence on the young players that everyone seems to think he’s good for, but wouldn’t take a spot on the list or take game time away from them. If we are serious about this rebuild, he plays mainly SANFL anyway.
Yes should have been put in as Sanfl captain
Wright having a year off might not want to play next year and just coach.

Pyke is a *******..

Just another example of a dumbfu** coach overruling the expert that should be making the decisions.

the coaches are unfortunately like our politicians, they are in “3 year terms” mode... selfishly all for the here and now and quick sugar hits and no thought for long term goals

wasnt it Ayres that demanded Mcgregor be taken instead of Pavlich?..

that cost us big time.
That was blight in 1998 draft. Picked McGregor over Pav. Ayres went Carey instead of getting pav home in 2002

The more I think about it, the more I accept that these delistings needed to be done, even gooch.

Our past problem has been not looking at players early enough to make calls on them.

If we keep gooch and play him, it holds up oconnor or gollant or mchenry or worrell or pick 1 and 9 from this year from playing.

We need to get a look at oconnor and mchenry especially, need to make calls on them by the end of next season really. Should get glimpses of gollant and worrell as well.

Even with the potential gooch had, there's a fair chance that oconnor, gollant, mchenry, worrell, pick 1 and 9 all go past him anyhow.
I agree on both points and while I liked Myles and felt Gooch might get another compassionate year - I am happy the club made the calls they did

It irks me when the same call cant be made at the other end of the list

Contractually delisting Mackay is easy - its harder with Walker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't, Hawks is worse, North as well. We lack superstar talent though, like picks 1-7 in 2018. Should have one with pick 1.
They say you need to hit rock bottom to improve we are clearly there with the spoon and a the other BS like that Kelly fella telling lies.

Perfect time to have a clear out on those that put us there like hamish roo fagan and anyone else part of the sinking ship

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Every club picked a player over Pavlich, he wasn't drafted the same year McGregor was - he went in the following years draft.
Yes that is right. But he was eligible for 1998. The year we selected McGregor at 75. Also Beinke, Kirey, Herbert, D Gallager, Stenglein, and Burton were our other selections. Geez that was bad.

Every club picked a player over Pavlich, he wasn't drafted the same year McGregor was - he went in the following years draft.

Correct - McGregor was taken at pick 75 in the 1998 AFL Draft. Matthew Pavlich did nominate in the 1998 AFL draft but no-one picked him up. He then played for WWTFC in the SANFL in 1999 and remember going to their games and remarking how dominant he was playing CHF as a 17 year old!

Matthew Pavlich was pick 4 in the 1999 AFL Draft. Both pick 1 & 2 were priority picks - Collingwood (1 - Josh Fraser) and Fremantle (2 - Paul Haselby) respectively then normal picks Richmond (3 - Aaron Fiora) then Fremantle (4 - Matthew Pavlich).

So yes it was under Malcolm Blight’s reign.

That was blight in 1998 draft. Picked McGregor over Pav. Ayres went Carey instead of getting pav home in 2002
Blighty coaching McGregor is one of those weird timeline things where I had no idea they were around at the same time. It makes sense, but I never really thought about it before. Kind of like how Charlie Chaplin and Charlize Theron were alive at the same time.

As I recall, one reason Kenny was picked in front of Pav is that Kenny was playing League and Seconds for WWT, whereas Pav was playing schoolboys for Sacred Heart. Kenny looked the better bet at the time.

In hindsight however, we got 175 games out of pick 75.....

He was a trade
Then so was Brad Crouch,

As I recall, one reason Kenny was picked in front of Pav is that Kenny was playing League and Seconds for WWT, whereas Pav was playing schoolboys for Sacred Heart. Kenny looked the better bet at the time.

I recall as WWT supporter that 1998 was Mark Mickans 1st year as coach. He promoted many juniors and reserves players that year and both Ken and Pav were standouts. Both magnificent kicks at goal. Pav was a regular but may have played college football. Ken may have got the pick because he could play back or forwards. Remember they were both 17 and both highly talented. Pav just took his game to the next level.

Not drafting Pavlich at the time is understandable.

The big * up was deciding to bring in Carey rather than Pav in trade. that decision likely cost us minimum of 1 premiership, probably more.

Not drafting Pavlich at the time is understandable.

The big fu** up was deciding to bring in Carey rather than Pav in trade. that decision likely cost us minimum of 1 premiership, probably more.
A Wayne Carey that had shown himself to be a complete pr!ck of a person, a Wayne Carey that had missed 12 months of football and a Wayne Carey who hadn't been able to lift his arms above his shoulders in his previous two seasons.
It wasn't a great decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back