Macmillan unfairly vilified

Remove this Banner Ad

i was curious when Macmillan was accused of staging and calls for a suspension were rife after the Rioli tackle.
I thought Macmillan a pretty good citizen so replayed the incident
And rioli's hand didn't even look close to jmac's head
Tried slo mo function
Clearly rioli's whole hand made contact with jmac's face
Where are the retractions

He's smart and would have known a free kick was our best chance of getting the ball forward. When he felt the contact to his face, I reckon he thought all his Christmases had come at once. It turned out to be only a glancing touch, but I totally get why he threw his head back. Just unfortunate that it must have felt worse than it looked.

Jmac has been unfairly vilified even though the contact was very slight. Not enough people have explained that he was actually grazed high.

Problem is that you win acadamy awards for acting, not over-acting. He almost looked like Willem Dafoe at the end of Platoon.

He almost looked like Willem Dafoe at the end of Platoon.

Haha.

For those who haven't seen it......

FHqf_3alYcFilfr0f5IzaEawWcTltmn7chQD0MZv8M0bqb78PEGfuaO72XU-etr1kwDmASnhThI8rUJCrOHG2NeLqVGUIX5o43k8LLPxvg16t6PsYmFjHKKq5V4NHNl28FlKHg=w365-h197-nc

He's smart and would have known a free kick was our best chance of getting the ball forward. When he felt the contact to his face, I reckon he thought all his Christmases had come at once. It turned out to be only a glancing touch, but I totally get why he threw his head back. Just unfortunate that it must have felt worse than it looked.
Within the context of the game he was well in his right to think that would be paid too. Was standing bolt upright compared to Accordion Legs Sicily.

There will be a huge onus on the umpires now to adjudicate Lindsay fairly.

Big fine for us to wear and them to come out and still have perceived bias.

And if there wasn't perceived bias then the journo wouldn't have asked the question.

Read this as "all his Christensens", which... would have been fairly apt, actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of Hawks supporters on the MB have commented that it can't be Riolis hand unless he has a freaky arm abnormality.

It's just an example of seeing what you want to see in regard to some things, looking at that pic he'd have to be abnormal for it NOT to be where abouts his hand would be.

When it happened live I thought McMillan had copped a bit of contact to the neck/jaw and I only started doubting it after they replayed it ad nauseum from a zoomed out position. Then saw proper replays again and changed my mind back.

The still frame is enough for me, I think McMillan has copped a lot of s**t unfairly this week, you can say the extent his head back was excessive but when you're not expecting contact to the face reflexes take over when it happens.

Even if it had been a complete fake it's literally the only thing I can ever think JMac has done that could be considered poor sportsmanship.

Couple of Hawks supporters on the MB have commented that it can't be Riolis hand unless he has a freaky arm abnormality.

It's just an example of seeing what you want to see in regard to some things, looking at that pic he'd have to be abnormal for it NOT to be where abouts his hand would be.

When it happened live I thought McMillan had copped a bit of contact to the neck/jaw and I only started doubting it after they replayed it ad nauseum from a zoomed out position. Then saw proper replays again and changed my mind back.

The still frame is enough for me, I think McMillan has copped a lot of s**t unfairly this week, you can say the extent his head back was excessive but when you're not expecting contact to the face reflexes take over when it happens.

Even if it had been a complete fake it's literally the only thing I can ever think JMac has done that could be considered poor sportsmanship.

Spot on. It's pretty obvious.

Then again I'll bet we're talking the same Hawks supporters that did an overnight university degree in biomechanics to argue that Lake didn't actually choke Petrie.

So Cyril is only capable of freaky things when it suits them?

But seriously, as if that's not his hand. And if they think it isn't, it really begs the question about whose hand they think it is then...

image.jpeg

I've given up trying to argue with them, when it's only Tas and yourself are the only semi-sensible North posters out there on the MB defending the club, we aren't going to win through numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back