List Mgmt. Mad about Harry?

Remove this Banner Ad

l don't think Henry is tall enough to play as a central key, more the 3rd tall forward or back.
Harry is 195cm compared to Henry's 191cm so in reality he's just tall medium flanker size.
I've seen Taylor have to use plenty of smarts against the bigger forwards so l wouldn't like Henry's chances at only 191cm standing flat footed.
Atm l definitely see a position for Taylor, with him and Blicavs central l think we can neutralize forward aerial threats and Henry the 3rd up intercept option.

I do not see a spot for harry at the moment Henry, Henderson, Stewart, Blicavs, Bews, 2e

Somewhere around that core Taylor and kolo need to slot in. Only so many spots Bartel, Johnson, Chapman, Enright were going plenty better than harry was last year 8-10 games unless they play him forward with savrat in I can't see they happening g offe n

Not about fitness! If Hendo had Harry's brain then he's definitely a starter but he just doesn't have the smarts to make the best22!

Best player for Doggies when they beat the Cats last year is enough convincing for me to make Dahlhaus a lock!

Henderson and dalhaus are locks. Just injury plagued last year Henderson his best is plenty good enough.

Just for the record every single year we find a way to play too many key defenders so Taylor is a lock for rd one. I think as the season progresses he might struggle to find himself in the best 22 on balance and also the competition going with much smaller forward setups

Just for the record every single year we find a way to play too many key defenders so Taylor is a lock for rd one. I think as the season progresses he might struggle to find himself in the best 22 on balance and also the competition going with much smaller forward setups

Richmond added Lynch and he's 199cm.

They also drafted Collier Dawkins a 193cm midfielder and you think the trend is smaller?

Last edited:
I'd have Tuohy on the wing in "Kolo's spot", keep Kolo in defence with Bews, Blicavs, Stewart, CGuthrie, and Harry.
I'd have Henry on the bench changing on ball. Also on the bench Hendo.
People forget that we endured 2018 with Harry, Hendo, Danger, Selwoods, maybe GAJ having no or little preseasons. With any reasonable fortune, Harry and Hendo are still very good players to have in our 22.
For me, Rohan and Dalhaus have to force their ways into our best 22.
Now I've had respect for the VDub, but am now beginning to wonder with putting our worst defender in C.Guthrie in your best 22 ahead of Henry, O'Connor and Henderson and Clark..
No pink haired,fumbling, run into trouble several times a game players in defense in 2019 for mine.
Hoping the first on field target of the review is exactly that.

They also drafted Collier Dawkins a 193cm midfielder and you think the trend is smaller?

Firstly I said smaller forward SETUPS so with blicavs, Henderson, Kolo & Taylor it's probably excessive. But if you refer to quote I said they would probably all play!!!!

Richmond won a flag with just jack riewoldt, western bulldogs, Collingwoods forward setup is short.

Outside of west coast not many sides play more than 2x key forwards.

Even geelong last season roamed a lot with Hawkins and dangerfield. I mean it's no surprise forward pressure has been the in craze since the dogs stole a flag. Even geelong this year has a priority on pressure forwards so will go in shorter more athletic.

Tall athletic midfielders have been the craze for the last 5 years. Exactly plays into the versatile mould of players who can play as a key forward, wing, mid, half back.

So your collier dawson trending reference is pushing it a bit

Firstly I said smaller forward SETUPS so with blicavs, Henderson, Kolo & Taylor it's probably excessive. But if you refer to quote I said they would probably all play!!!!

Richmond won a flag with just jack riewoldt, western bulldogs, Collingwoods forward setup is short.

Outside of west coast not many sides play more than 2x key forwards.

Even geelong last season roamed a lot with Hawkins and dangerfield. I mean it's no surprise forward pressure has been the in craze since the dogs stole a flag. Even geelong this year has a priority on pressure forwards so will go in shorter more athletic.

Tall athletic midfielders have been the craze for the last 5 years. Exactly plays into the versatile mould of players who can play as a key forward, wing, mid, half back.

So your collier dawson trending reference is pushing it a bit

So you want a smaller team overall to be like Richmond?
They have a big defence and now with Lynch will go taller forward.
You understand that?

Now I've had respect for the VDub, but am now beginning to wonder with putting our worst defender in C.Guthrie in your best 22 ahead of Henry, O'Connor and Henderson and Clark..
No pink haired,fumbling, run into trouble several times a game players in defense in 2019 for mine.
Hoping the first on field target of the review is exactly that.
Henry will be our best utility, but early days, and interchanges occur in the first few minutes.

So you want a smaller team overall to be like Richmond?
They have a big defence and now with Lynch will go taller forward.
You understand that?

Bro the whole thing makes no sense I have no idea what your talking about.

I said teams are setting up with smaller more mobile forward lines.

End of story that's it I don't want anything or any comparisons let it go

S

Till not addressing guthrie's defensive inadequacy
I've seen him play well enough there, and I am certainly no selector, otherwise I'd still be playing Murdoch as a winger at Geelong(watch him shine this year!!)

I've seen him play well enough there, and I am certainly no selector, otherwise I'd still be playing Murdoch as a winger at Geelong(watch him shine this year!!)
I think a few cats will shine elsewhere this year. I'd love tuohy and Duncan shining off the wings with new rules.
Guthrie and s.selwood to fight for defensive mid position in my eyes. With 6 6 6 positions scouting fwds like Kelly cocky ablett and dahlhaus will be around hawk and savrat's feet.
Excited. But definitely not for Guthrie in defense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's nothing against Murda when I say that I would be shocked to see anything or anyone at the Suns shining noticeably this year. They look set for an absolute train wreck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back