Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Too big too good …. but the commentators focused on his 2 grab efforts when he was knackered in the third and fourth quarters.

**** them, **** the media, **** the nay sayers, he will kick a 10 goal haul soon.
He is more than just a park in the forward 50 player.
Nobody his height can run like that and fill in holes then clean up with raking kicks before dashing back to the goal area.

Smaug

Debutant
Mar 21, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Let us not forget Mr Kerr.

I see him as a big chance to push McGovern out in due course. Beautiful positioning and leading patterns. IMO a player who will be a better fit to compliment Curnow and Harry, rather than competing with them for the same space.

Now that would be a delightful problem decision to have.

Maybe. But personally I can't see Kerr ever playing another senior game. He is a decent VFL player but no where near AFL standards and certainly, absolutely, definitively no where near McGovern.

No where near agile enough, fast enough, does not read the game well enough, footy brain is not on Govs level, and even when he was recruited he was seen as his only real strength was his straight line leading and marking. He is on "old school" forward.

Please do not bring up his only 3 goal game on the weekend as reference.

Appologies if you are a family / friend or have had illusions shattered.

Smaug

Debutant
Mar 21, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again... this guy is gonna be every bit as good as Charlie if not better!

It’s gonna be seriously fun to watch these twin towers once they both realise their potential!

His pack marking and athleticism is something to behold!

He is significantly better than Charlie right now as a forward. Way better mark and certainly a better shot for goal.

Charlie was all hype from the media from doing the occassional "spectacular" stuff which caught the eye - Harry is consistently sensational - right now a far better football player in every regard.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
He is significantly better than Charlie right now as a forward. Way better mark and certainly a better shot for goal.

Charlie was all hype from the media from doing the occassional "spectacular" stuff which caught the eye - Harry is consistently sensational - right now a far better football player in every regard.

Absolute bullshit

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Maybe. But personally I can't see Kerr ever playing another senior game. He is a decent VFL player but no where near AFL standards and certainly, absolutely, definitively no where near McGovern.

No where near agile enough, fast enough, does not read the game well enough, footy brain is not on Govs level, and even when he was recruited he was seen as his only real strength was his straight line leading and marking. He is on "old school" forward.

Please do not bring up his only 3 goal game on the weekend as reference.

Apologies if you are a family / friend or have had illusions shattered.

I just adore the way certain members of this board view their opinions as statements of oracular wisdom capable of shattering the illusions of those silly enough to think otherwise.

Kerr is a 20 year old tall forward. Anyone who purports to KNOW what he is or can be , rather than to speculate, is undermining their own credibility.

Penetrator

Senior List
Nov 20, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Like reading Knightmare draft thread but find he is so far off the money when it comes to his analysis on the players drafted to Carlton. He never really rated Cripps in his draft year and he certainly didn't rate Charlie. Also never rated Harry at all then last year reiterated his thoughts on the big man.

Responding to those you speak of from Carlton directly:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/knightmares-2018-afl-draft-almanac.1188131/post-57050927

McKay is quick and can take an overhead mark but doesn't find enough of it, doesn't take enough marks, has poor endurance, has unclear ruck capabilities and doesn't kick enough goals. He's not AFL quality at this point and is still an early stages developing player. He has a chance to make it, but he could go either way and is not someone I would bet on with confidence.

Also get real real excited about Tom De Koning because he really bagged the hell out of the selection and capabilities of Tom to the point where he said he shouldn't have even been drafted.

Wily trout

All Australian
Apr 19, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Had pretty much forgotten about De Koning... :think: Will be very interesting what the MC have planned once he's fit and ready to be introduced into the AFL side (2020).

Would love to see him play a chunk of games with Kruez and develop the big fellas type and standard of play. With big Harry bursting onto the scene, It is hard to see a spot for both Kerr and Levi when TDK is also getting regular games.

The Fantom

All Australian
Jun 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

Nah Charlie hype is well deserved, played some blinders in an awful team last year. Charlie’s played one bad game and one ok game this year. The rest he’s been injured so don’t get sucked into he’s not playing well, he just hasn’t got a decent shot at it.

Who’s better? Who cares? Glad they’re both ours and will cause headaches to opposition backs for years to come. Great problem to have.

Kreuz Control

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Let us not forget Mr Kerr.

I see him as a big chance to push McGovern out in due course. Beautiful positioning and leading patterns. IMO a player who will be a better fit to compliment Curnow and Harry, rather than competing with them for the same space.

Now that would be a delightful problem decision to have.

Great to see him play well in the 2s on the weekend. To me, he looks too big, which I think harms his agility. Would like to see him strip some size as Levi has, he looks so much better for it.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
The tradition continues.
B930820F-BE00-4E16-ADA8-5B4B984FF0EB.jpeg

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Big H's rare gifts have been there to see from pretty much day-dot, if you cared to look. Of course it'll take time for him to find consistency and fitness and so on. We all have had to be patient and will still need to be, especially with the big guys.

But he's a massive unit with some serious talent. Currently leading CMs for the league, daylight second, some pretty handy players in the list too.

1555904038067.png

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Too big too good …. but the commentators focused on his 2 grab efforts when he was knackered in the third and fourth quarters.

**** them, **** the media, **** the nay sayers, he will kick a 10 goal haul soon.
Haha what!? Way to completely misinterpret what the commentators were saying. They were praising him the whole game.

The Big H we saw yesterday is starting to become the H I hoped he could be before he even catapulted into his final draft position. Confidence is such an important dynamic for young KPFs and he's finally exuding it.

Honestly, he may be the best internally developed player the club has had over the past 20 years. Everything they've done with him has led him to this position. He's worked his tail off too and it's clear he's smashing all KPI's they've set for him. Well done to all those responsible for getting him to this point.

Still a lot of room for improvement and I say that as a positive.

Stefchook

Team Captain
Dec 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Big H's rare gifts have been there to see from pretty much day-dot, if you cared to look. Of course it'll take time for him to find consistency and fitness and so on. We all have had to be patient and will still need to be, especially with the big guys.

But he's a massive unit with some serious talent. Currently leading CMs for the league, daylight second, some pretty handy players in the list too.

View attachment 659579
Interesting that Cripps is 11th on that list!:eek:

Back