FTA-TV Mad as Hell

Remove this Banner Ad

Stupid timeslot having it on a Friday night when the footy is on, surely a Wednesday night timeslot would have been better when the ABC usually have their comedy shows.

I've seen a couple of the episodes on replay, very similar style to Newstopia but not quite as good.

I finally got around to watching this tonight, and was honestly a bit underwhelmed.

Maybe it's because the format invites comparison to Newstopia, and that show was so good. The humour here is more undergraduate than I was expecting - bit of a throwback to his earlier work. Kind of feel like the extensive cast and greater use of locational shooting weakens the show. Newstopia felt much more tightly scripted and on point. Also, the audience laughter is hugely distracting. Satire always seems to work better without a studio audience for some reason.

It's sort of a combination of Newstopia and the Micallef P(r)ogramme. Which isn't really a bad thing, I guess. I just felt like Newstopia was a much sharper and polished form of humour... this feels like a bit of a step backwards.

Ah bugger, this thread made me realise that I forgot to watch tonight.

I've really enjoyed it so far. Absurd humour appeals to me, and Micallef does it so well. After the disappointment of Randling, it's nice to see something so enjoyable.

I finally got around to watching this tonight, and was honestly a bit underwhelmed.

Maybe it's because the format invites comparison to Newstopia, and that show was so good. The humour here is more undergraduate than I was expecting - bit of a throwback to his earlier work. Kind of feel like the extensive cast and greater use of locational shooting weakens the show. Newstopia felt much more tightly scripted and on point. Also, the audience laughter is hugely distracting. Satire always seems to work better without a studio audience for some reason.

It's sort of a combination of Newstopia and the Micallef P(r)ogramme. Which isn't really a bad thing, I guess. I just felt like Newstopia was a much sharper and polished form of humour... this feels like a bit of a step backwards.

VOX POPS TIME!

*cue lame dancing!*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't really help Talkin Bout Your Generation, well I guess he helped improve it from being s**t to mediocre.

Pretty hard for anyone to improve a show with Josh Thomas in it though.

Talkin' Bout Your Generation would be a quality show if you took out all of the bits that involved people other than Shaun Micallef.

Shaun Micallef should host every show on TV. Also, all the contestants/characters on every show on TV should be Shaun Micallef.

He didn't really help Talkin Bout Your Generation, well I guess he helped improve it from being s**t to mediocre.

Pretty hard for anyone to improve a show with Josh Thomas in it though.

Or Charlie Pickering. Or Amanda Keller. For what he's working with, Micallef really makes that turd look rather polished.

Yeah, I'm a total derp.

Every week I sit there thinking, "That's Shaun. It's definitely Shaun. It is isn't it? Must be. Who else could it be? Doesn't look like him though. I'm not sure it's him. Must be someone else."

I guess I deserve notsureifserious.jpg but I really wasn't sure. Yeah, I could keep typing but I don't think it will save my face. I deserved that.

That union segment last night was hilarious. So simple, but so well executed.

I guess I deserve notsureifserious.jpg but I really wasn't sure. Yeah, I could keep typing but I don't think it will save my face. I deserved that.

You were lucky I was at work and only had time to stick that in ;)

That union segment last night was hilarious. So simple, but so well executed.

That was great stuff from Francis. Voice and facial expressions were pitch perfect.

Three episodes into season two (Wed 8pm, watch it!!!!) and I feel comfortable saying that this series is hitting Newstopia levels of awesomeness.

I actually never watched it last season, but it's now one of my favourite shows on TV. He's so much better when he's not on commercial TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back