Movie Mad Max Fury Road

Remove this Banner Ad

agree there should have been more focus on Max and I did not buy Theron as an action woman. though to be fair Mad Max films are less about the glorious acting and more on action and that is where it delivered, however the film would have been elevated by Mel Gibson or even the late Heath Ledger (who was being chased for the role). what a shame it did not happen. but hopefully it improves in story for the next installment
This makes me so sad. Hardy is awesome but Ledger would have tipped this movie over the edge to be ALL TIME AWESOMENESS!

And the umpires from the St Kilda v West Coast game, I'd like to see them meet the same fate as Immortan Joe.

In fact Immortan Joe would probably be less of a campaigner than those umpires.
You lost by 53 points. Not sure the umps had that big effect on the game. You got smashed.

Some *stick at some convention asked Tom Hardy "As you were reading the script were you wondering why all these women are here? Isn't this meant to be a mans movie?"

"No. Not for one minute."

Then Hardy looks confused as *.

The redhead is awesome. Awful acting with Nux.

Liked Abbey Lee Kershaw's wife the best.

Underwhelming nude scene and death. Pointless to see her die faster than the grannies.

Do a Kristen Wigg or GTFO.

Grannies as described by Maddox were great.

Want to see it again. So action packed, that it's over before you know it. Makes up for the third one. Better production than the second film due to the budget.

War Boys are brilliant.

Didn't like Max's dream sequences. Not sure if that is meant to be his child and other people he left to die. Everyone thinks that was his daughter. His kid was run down as a toddler.

The redhead is awesome. Awful acting with Nux.

Liked Abbey Lee Kershaw's wife the best.

Underwhelming nude scene and death. Pointless to see her die faster than the grannies.

Do a Kristen Wigg or GTFO.

Grannies as described by Maddox were great.

Want to see it again. So action packed, that it's over before you know it. Makes up for the third one. Better production than the second film due to the budget.

War Boys are brilliant.

Didn't like Max's dream sequences. Not sure if that is meant to be his child and other people he left to die. Everyone thinks that was his daughter. His kid was run down as a toddler.

I think it's just a girl and if I remember correctly they are doing a comic or something about it.

anyone else get the sense in the final scene where

max glances upwards and eyes his goodbye to furiosa that at that stage he learned to love again?

that he had " Hope " again imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This movie is basically a reboot. Every Mad Max movie basically ignores the previous ones anyway.

554664fadb753b82389cccbe_mad-max-girls.gif

Well, I've finally seen it now and I have to say I liked it. The movie had all the Mad Max elements that I enjoyed in the earlier films, and some new ones that were terrific. The crazy vehicles and the way they were all dressed was terrific. I didn't mind the story being 'feminist' as some have put it. I thought Tom Hardy was good as Max, but not as good as a young Gibson. Mel just knew how to crazy up a role, because as we learnt eventually he's batshit crazy in real life.

But, good flick.

Last edited:
Just got back from the cinema. Interesting film. Kinda like the TV show Banshee, non-stop action.

I saw the originals so long ago. What was up with the Norse mythology? Valhalla?

Enjoyed the visuals immensely. Possibly should have seen it in 3D. Nothing particularly memorable in the storyline or acting but just brilliant to look at. Had some very funny bits as well.
Just saw The Raid a few days before on tv if you want to see another non stop action film.

Watched it last night, was very good. I tried to watch the old ones again a few weeks ago but couldnt really be bothered, no.2 is still my favorite out of the 3.

This new one was very good and alot like number 2. Liked the vehicles and weirdos and the chase sequences were really good. Thought it got a little boring with about 30 mins to go but overall really enjoyed it.

I hate this movie.

After watching it for the 6th time on the big screen, watching putrid dumb cgi bloated generic action flicks like the Avengers, Chappie, Hunger Games, Divergent, Spiderman, etc.. underwhelms me so much so that I don't know whether I can return to the cinemas ever again. MMFR has literally destroyed my appetite for watching films at the cinemas as everything else pales in comparison to what MMFR has delivered. *smh*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back