Gaming Madden 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Odell Beckham’s not worried about any video game curse
Posted by Darin Gantt on May 14, 2015, 5:39 AM EDT
cd05oddlnmnhy2mwmjrlzwqzntjhm2viytq1y2vly2yzocznptbkogu2mjy4n2iwmdrlzwjlzwexmtdkzgu2nzexy2zj-e1431596333449.jpeg
Getty Images
After turning in a magical rookie season, Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham’s not worried about a curse.

The bad ju-ju that has sometimes come with being on the Madden video game cover doesn’t worry Beckham, who won the fan voting over Rob Gronkowski for the prestigious honor.

I don’t really believe in curses much,” Beckham said, on ESPN, via Ebenezer Samuel of the New York Daily News. “A curse is something somebody wishes upon you.”

It’s one that’s visited players such as Eddie George and Marshall Faulk and Peyton Hillis (how exactly did he end up there anyway?), and while last year’s cover boy Richard Sherman made it to the Super Bowl, he lost.

But after becoming an instant celebrity last year with his one-handed catches, Beckham’s the first Giant to make the cover, and he’s hoping it’s not a bad sign.

Lol. It's actually madden 10 with updated rosters.
Don't forget updated MUT and Microtransactions

Turn your $60 game to a $600 dollar game.

With less features than the last version.

I got sucked into MUT big time for a couple of months
You MUTers are what is wrong with his game.
You pump so much money in, they're content pumping s**t out just upgrading this 1 gamemode.

The rest of us suffer with a game that's going no where.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My main problem with Madden is their overall ratings.

I would say roughly 15% of players are 90+ overall. That is absurd.

Looking at NBA 2k, there are probably 10-15 players total that would be 90+.

Madden totally overrates players and creates unbalance. Some of the best rosters I have played with are when there were only a handful of 90+ and everyone else was 50-70 OVR on average

Madden totally overrates players and creates unbalance. Some of the best rosters I have played with are when there were only a handful of 90+ and everyone else was 50-70 OVR on average
You could probably make a killer team as long as your have 8-9 players 80+
Thing is, those 8-9 players have to be in the trenches.

You can get by with a 60 QB with 70 skill positions and other defenders if they have key stats in the stats that influence their roll in your team.

My #3 WR in my current team is actually rated 73 and would be my #1 if I didn't have AJ Green and Doug Baldwin there. I'd happily start him but the depth is great.

The ratings system has been f'd for years though. I hate having numbers next to a guy to rank him. I absolutely hate the overall system as well - it diminishes players to just a couple of stats.

The knee jerk new ratings system seems even worse. Having just one guy responsible for it all is the worst decision of all.

Some more media and info....

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2015/madden-16-presentation?sf39291293=1

image.img.jpg

ON THE FIELD CAMERAS

Like millions of other fans, watching games on TV is how I became a fan of the NFL. So, we decided to create cameras that are grounded in reality, but are also not possible in broadcast. Thus, “On the Field” cameras were born. These cameras are close in proximity to the players during their biggest moments, including touchdowns, sacks, and even as two players from opposing teams are jawing at each other.
image_0.img.jpg

WIRECAM

The team also pushed the envelope with a new Wirecam that sweeps and flies around just like a normal broadcast. However, Madden NFL 16’s Wirecam can track action and be right next to the QB right before the ball is snapped. With sweeping shots during a pass play or circling the QB before he gets sacked, the Wirecam has truly changed the way we view our game.
image_3.img.jpg

LIVING WORLDS

Living Worlds was another major focal point for the presentation team this year. A lot of emphasis went towards improving the crowds. We added crowd props to the game, which include rally towels (in stadiums that feature them), fan signs and foam fingers.
image_4.img.jpg

The frequency of props showing up - and the volume at which they appear - is all based on reference from the last three NFL seasons. The crowd signs are team-specific and feature some witty quips for each team. The fans in the crowd will also head track the action on the field this year.

One of our favorite additions this year are the female fans that are now in attendance!- LOL

What the ****? Get back in the kitchen!
Yeah probably not the most appropriate comment on this board.

More of a reference that these are 'features' to the game. Different camera angles and females in the crowd is what we are all after :rolleyes:

Yeah probably not the most appropriate comment on this board.

More of a reference that these are 'features' to the game. Different camera angles and females in the crowd is what we are all after :rolleyes:

Guess i should have put this fella :D on the end to make sure the srs police didn't read how it was.

My apologies.

Guess i should have put this fella :D on the end to make sure the srs police didn't read how it was.

My apologies.
More not let's start a huge argument with the new guy crowd.
Sadly sarcasm and internet boards aren't friends :D

More not let's start a huge argument with the new guy crowd.
Sadly sarcasm and internet boards aren't friends :D

Smiley man does make a world of difference to a post, you're right, sarcasm isn't easily detected online, much like on the telephone:

2773579803_6cd1a4cdac.jpg

Apologies again if i did offend.

Oh dear.....

-------------------

Imagine if the time, energy, and money EA Sports spent on this absolutely insane promo video for "Madden 16" was redirected toward improving the game. Wouldn't that be something?

Instead, we get ... whatever this is:

Let's run down the list of the most ridiculous things included in those five minutes:

• The McLovin guy, whose career is still alive against all odds
  • Colin Kaepernick's terrible Al Pacino impression
  • A Bollywood-esque dance number for some reason
  • Rex Ryan's death
  • The Julio Jones karate chopping scene
  • A dinosaur
When Gronk and a gigantic cannon backpack doesn't make the list of craziest things in your video, you really accomplished something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back