Gaming Madden 16

Remove this Banner Ad

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Considering picking this up for $40 on the PSN store, what are the key differences from 15? Had a look at some gameplay on youtube and it doesn't look too different at all

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Coney Island, GWS, The Exers!
Considering picking this up for $40 on the PSN store, what are the key differences from 15? Had a look at some gameplay on youtube and it doesn't look too different at all

i never bought 15 but 16 is a s**t ton better madden 25. However they ****ed the AI, if you use the spy system to see your match ups it gives it away. it gives stat boosts to the AI rather than making it smarter. on all pro the AI can magically come up with the ball even if you you double cover the receiver and guess the play is in fact a pass.

apparently to make up for it your players earn a *ton of EXP i mean a *ton, you can use this to your advantage by focus on your Offense line and RB for exp and confidence, sim a few seasons and you will have an offensive line which is almost fully maxed out, you play this on all pro or all madden and you become unstoppable on the ground, because the outcome of each play is so heavily influenced by stats.

In previous games if you run the ball on a rush, even if you went and cheated your stats so you were 99 overall you were ****ed, but now as long as you pick up the blitz and shift you O-line correctly, some finesse moves are all you need to get 5-6 yards, that's on a ******* run blitz play. in previous games you needed to audible.

my advice play it on pro and play with the sliders as neither side gets stat boosts, it allows you to develop your throwing game a bit more.
as for playing online, my internet is to s**t to bother.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Latest Madden 16 patch is live. Version 1.09

Madden NFL 16 Patch 1.09 Available, Post Your Impressions
bullet.gif
11:24 AM - February 23, 2016 by Steve_OS
36950.jpg

Madden patch 1.09 is available now with some pretty big changes to the core gameplay experience. The Madden team discussed the patch on a Twitch stream today, here are some highlights:

• A fix is in to prevent multiple nano-blitzes using the B-Gap. The RG will now always look inside to outside for blocking assignments.
  • The 'playcalling/pause' freeze is fixed (where you lose input data and have to dashboard).
  • Untimed downs will occur at the right times (this also fixes the FG Block glitch).
  • A rare bug where QB sacks were creating a stopped clock has been fixed.
  • User QBs will now get less of an accuracy penalty on All Madden difficulty level.
  • Patch notes also mention general stability improvements (aka less freezes).
Be sure to play a few games and let us know what you think of the changes in the space below!

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
not right now

are you still on often? I don't think I've been on in months, but will if you're on and I'm on/there's an opportunity
It's too late now. gotta crash in 20.
I'm on every night now, around 9-10 pm, play a game, crash.
My PS and XB online passes expire in a day or two tho.
I'll probably re-up both for a month, but maybe not for another week or two.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's too late now. gotta crash in 20.
I'm on every night now, around 9-10 pm, play a game, crash.
My PS and XB online passes expire in a day or two tho.
I'll probably re-up both for a month, but maybe not for another week or two.
Yeah mine should be running out soon, I did the 3 month around Christmas, think I will go with a shorter/cheaper deal next time

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah mine should be running out soon, I did the 3 month around Christmas, think I will go with a shorter/cheaper deal next time
I like both consoles equally too. I'll play one then the other, alternating nights.
Like I said, I found a loophole to get M16 on Xbox for only $7 AUD. After paying $60+ for it on PS.
I probably prefer PS4 for M16 just because it's so much easier to record highlight videos, takes too long on XB. But prefer the xbox controller and playing madden per se on xbox.

But both systems :hearts::hearts:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
Cool to see this thread here: haven't ventured on this part of Big Footy much before but am a Madden obsessive so nice to see a few people sharing it. Have given MUT a real shake on Xbox 1 this year and must say am really enjoying it. Have followed the MUT reddit religiously so have a stacked team at 95 overall and am up into All Madden 1 in Head to Head without having spent much. If you like your MUT I can really advise that sub reddit.

MUT can be super frustrating on one hand when you play guys who just Nano blitz or run the same play all the time (I got matched up against the self proclaimed madden GOAT Problem Wright the other day, he was streaming the game online which was quite strange but he literally ran inside zone every play and I just couldn't stop him, got a touchdown against him though which was something to hang my hat on) but on the other I'd say it is possibly the most addictive game I'm ever played. It is like a mix of Fantasy football and madden, I must admit I've spent far too much time plotting team improvements and the like. But it is a lot of fun when you start improving and moving up the ranks.

My wife bought me Madden 16 for my birthday a few weeks ago. Been playing Draft Champions a bit, albeit only against the CPU. I quite like that mode. Good initiative from EA Sports.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Cool to see this thread here: haven't ventured on this part of Big Footy much before but am a Madden obsessive so nice to see a few people sharing it. Have given MUT a real shake on Xbox 1 this year and must say am really enjoying it. Have followed the MUT reddit religiously so have a stacked team at 95 overall and am up into All Madden 1 in Head to Head without having spent much. If you like your MUT I can really advise that sub reddit.

MUT can be super frustrating on one hand when you play guys who just Nano blitz or run the same play all the time (I got matched up against the self proclaimed madden GOAT Problem Wright the other day, he was streaming the game online which was quite strange but he literally ran inside zone every play and I just couldn't stop him, got a touchdown against him though which was something to hang my hat on) but on the other I'd say it is possibly the most addictive game I'm ever played. It is like a mix of Fantasy football and madden, I must admit I've spent far too much time plotting team improvements and the like. But it is a lot of fun when you start improving and moving up the ranks.
Just got into MUT recently too. The game has so much depth now, EA has done really well embracing the online side of things. I'm only 90OVR but am so hooked. Wish I started earlier though. Although it's a good time of the MUT year to be playing catch up it would've been more fulfilling from the beginning. Now it's easy to upgrade with the flood of programs coming out.

Feb 25, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's so frustrating. I just want to play and save cool videos. Everytime I get a pick six, or a pick, or they turn it over going for it on 4th down, they rage quit.
Not like our punting battles in the snow - they don't know how to play football the way it's meant to be played

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
It's so frustrating. I just want to play and save cool videos. Everytime I get a pick six, or a pick, or they turn it over going for it on 4th down, they rage quit.

The going for it on 4th down thing is unbelievable. I'd probably estimate I win 10-20% of my games online from a rage quit after stopping a 4th and over 20 in their own half. This is my first year playing madden online and I didn't expect to see so much of it, especially when it so rarely works for the players (chucking it up on 4th and long).

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The going for it on 4th down thing is unbelievable. I'd probably estimate I win 10-20% of my games online from a rage quit after stopping a 4th and over 20 in their own half. This is my first year playing madden online and I didn't expect to see so much of it, especially when it so rarely works for the players (chucking it up on 4th and long).
Such a sore loser childish mentality. And most of these people are adults. Can imagine what theyre like in real life relationships, maddenitis spilling over.

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Such a sore loser childish mentality. And most of these people are adults. Can imagine what theyre like in real life relationships, maddenitis spilling over.

Yeah, agree. I think it’s a pretty nasty community the Madden online one and to think that many are grown men is a little frightening. There’s something about the game that makes people lose their minds. And it gets worse the higher up you go in divisions in Ultimate team. I mentioned in an earlier post how I’m up to All madden 1 level on Head to Head and it sadly (but maybe not so surprisingly) seems that the higher up the divisions you go the more you encounter players who are terrible sports.

Had a really bad experience with a guy called ballinyouup614 who is a top 100 player. We actually had a really good game and he was on the potential game winning/equaling drive but was a field goal down with about a minute left, no time-outs. The ball was at his 30, he tosses up a corner route and Sean Taylor (GOAT) picks it off and takes it back for 6.

Was a great moment as it was the game winner for me against a top player. What does he do? He pauses the game as soon as he can. Now I’m onto him as I know that there is a pause glitch where players can force the game to freeze if they push a button combination (the antidote to this to as quickly as you can press resume game before they get a chance to do it). So he comes back out after the extra point, throws a Hail Mary up with 2 seconds left and my Charles Woodson picks him off. Was the icing on the cake, now I just have to take a knee. But he tries again to pause glitch and this time it worked!!! Was so infuriating, I didn’t get the win but had to report him. Was thinking even though his stats look great for wins-losses it is likely because he pulls tricks like this whenever he is about to lose. It’s hard enough getting a win against these guys normally but to be cheated out of one is pretty infuriating.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, agree. I think it’s a pretty nasty community the Madden online one and to think that many are grown men is a little frightening. There’s something about the game that makes people lose their minds. And it gets worse the higher up you go in divisions in Ultimate team. I mentioned in an earlier post how I’m up to All madden 1 level on Head to Head and it sadly (but maybe not so surprisingly) seems that the higher up the divisions you go the more you encounter bplayers who are terrible sports.

Had a really bad experience with a guy called ballinyouup614 who is a top 100 player. We actually had a really good match and he was on the potential game winning/equaling drive but was a field goal down with about a minute left, no time-outs. The ball was at his 30, he tosses up a corner route and Sean Taylor (GOAT) picks it off and takes it back for 6.

Was a great moment as it was the game winner for me against a top player. What does he do? He pauses the game as soon as he can. Now I’m onto him as I know that there is a pause glitch where players can force the game to freeze if they push a button combination (the antidote to this to as quickly as you can press resume game before they get a chance to do it). So he comes back out after the extra point, throws a Hail Mary up with 2 seconds left and my Charles Woodson picks him off. Was the icing on the cake, now I just have to take a knee. But he tries again to pause glitch and this time it worked!!! Was so infuriating, I didn’t get the win but had to report him. Was thinking even though his stats look great for wins-losses it is likely because he pulls tricks like this whenever he is about to lose. It’s hard enough getting a win against these guys normally but to be cheated out of one is pretty infuriating.

Yep, that really says it all. Worse that it's done in the final seconds. No sportsmanship. Life or death to have a top rank in Madden. I am not sure, but I think this sort of thing is isolated to Madden online. Makes you just not want to play the game.

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Yep, that really says it all. Worse that it's done in the final seconds. No sportsmanship. Life or death to have a top rank in Madden. I am not sure, but I think this sort of thing is isolated to Madden online. Makes you just not want to play the game.

Spot on. I must admit though it has been quite enjoyable to see what has happened to so many of these "win-at-all-costs" players since the patch came out a few weeks back. Their treasured Mike Scrape and SS Scrape nano-blitzes were patched and they are so lost without them. There are still guys trying to use those plays but they have just become like any old blitz now.... it just looks pathetic that they still try it out! It's a great blitz to run against now, just run to the opposite side they slide the line to. Guaranteed minimum 10 yards and you usually break it for a big run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back