Gaming Madden 19

Remove this Banner Ad

does anyone else find that QB's get injured all too regularly on franchise mode.

Had a franchise as the Bears. Trubisky *s his shoulder and is out for 6 weeks in round 3
Titans round 4 and Mariota is out for 10 weeks
LA Rams. Round 3 and Goff is out injured for 5 weeks

does anyone else find that QB's get injured all too regularly on franchise mode.

Had a franchise as the Bears. Trubisky ****s his shoulder and is out for 6 weeks in round 3
Especially with all the rules now protecting the qb :D

Had a franchise as the Bears. Trubisky ****s his shoulder and is out for 6 weeks in round 3

I had read that the QB were nerfed to fumble or hurt if they were sacked or scrambling too much but I have no evidence to support this claim

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I had read that the QB were nerfed to fumble or hurt if they were sacked or scrambling too much but I have no evidence to support this claim

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Kind of *s me as I like to scramble and move out of the pocket.

When my qbs have been getting injured it hasn't been when I have scrambled. It must be as they pass the ball or just after because I won't even realize they have been hit until then timeout is called

Also played my first 2 human v human games last night.

Does anyone else find the online human v human games are massive defensive battles with little scoring?

Had lots of close finishes, very stressful but enjoying them for the most part, how's your lag? Baring a couple sessions it's been good so far.

Had lots of close finishes, very stressful but enjoying them for the most part, how's your lag? Baring a couple sessions it's been good so far.
Lag was only really an issue when kicking for extra points or field goals.

It took a bit of getting used to not immediately holding down the sprint as soon as you get the ball while running haha

Yep, really liking the running game in mut but sounds like it sucks in franchise

Your starting RB is usually injured in the first half of Franchise anyway. Probably along with your QB, a WR and 2 lineman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, is this game irrepairably busted or is it just me?

The run game is entirely non functional. Like, run blockers never stick a single block. Defence is on me before I get to the line of scrimmage every single time, even if I have a numerical advantage in the box.

Yeah the running game this year stinks. It has gone from being ridiculously easy in 18 to beyond difficult in 19. Even after experimenting with both speedy runners and power backs my results have stayed relatively the same.

It's slightly better if you run behind a lead blocker.

Still, the combination of doing that and adjusting the sliders ridiculously for my run blocking has lead me to the massive result that I'm now finishing games with between 2 and 3 YPC, rather than the default 0 - 0.9 that i was getting. Yippie.

Also, is it just me or do play action and screens also not work? Get sacked every single time before I can throw.

This is a bad game. The mechanics are just broken. I'm not sure that they tested it at all.

I don't mind the running. No, you don't ever break off 30-40 yard runs, but if you're patient and find the hole as opposed to just taking the ball and hitting the sprint button like in the old days, you can average 5-6 YPC.

Or maybe I just got really good at running the ball because the ridiculous interceptions that the CPU make with regularity were pissing me off so much.

I don't mind the running. No, you don't ever break off 30-40 yard runs, but if you're patient and find the hole as opposed to just taking the ball and hitting the sprint button like in the old days, you can average 5-6 YPC.

Or maybe I just got really good at running the ball because the ridiculous interceptions that the CPU make with regularity were pissing me off so much.

Look, to be honest I genuinely don't believe you can run for a 5-6 ypc in franchise mode without rigging the sliders. I call bullshit.

Hit behind the line every single time. It's got * all to do with holes, you don't even get to that point.

Also, receiver drops a significant problem.

Still, there is some realism in the game. Was playing the cowboys, up by multiple scores in the last quarter and Dak conducted a drive where he did nothing but dump down to Elliot for 5 yards at a time. Did it something like 9 times in a row. Just like real life.

Ok, * it. I've given it a week or two of play. This is the single worst football game I've ever played.

I'd stopped buying Madden every year, and was down to every second. I think this will be the last madden I buy on this generation of game machines. Just an absolute rort charging top dollar for this trash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back