Gaming Madden 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Im confused gg, madden is s**t but also fun?;)
I meant....all madden default is not representative of players ratings or realistic performances. God mode. Makes it un fun to play. No give and take, just BS. All pro meanwhile is more realistic and representative of ratings .... BUT .... given so many CPU games to play in franchise mode, it makes it extremely boring.

So the aim is to use all madden but tweak the sliders such that you effectively reduce God mode, eliminate the BS, and turn it into a harder version of all pro basically.

So there's heaps of give and take, wild action, the CPU ai is a real challenge, they learn and adapt to what you do.

That is all. But I am sure you knew that already just forcing me to stop the car and type all that :D

All good gg, yes I was just being a w***er;)

Anyways, I hope those of you who will continue on to '19 are starting to collect some Rookie Premiere cards, not cheap & I'm starting to sell off bits of my hard earned mut squad to pickup an extra one or two, got Barkley & James so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what you mean by high point passes?
Theres a new or revised catching system.

Instead of Aggressive, Possession, YAC.....theres now Aggressive, YAC and High Point.

High point means lobbing the ball up high and having your receiver out-leap/stretch everyone to haul in the pass....especially in the endzone you will see it done to death.

Good video showcasing the new animations for WR/DB interactions. Seems very balanced, which is really good.

The high point passes are more even around the field, but as he points out around 1:35, is that in the endzone, the high point pass animations seem to heavily favor the WR.

Let me rephrase my previous explanation too....

When you passed the ball, and whether you chose to manually receive or let the cpu do it, there were three triggers -- Aggressive, Possession and Run After Catch. To manually do it, you had to press a different button for each one. Ex/A for Possession, Square/X for RAC, and Triangle/Y for Aggressive. In M18, if you pressed the inappropriate button the player would still attempt the catch, sometimes catching it, or not.

As part of the controller set up, you could as QB add further touch on the ball by holding L1 as you passed and pulling the left stick either up or down for a High Point or Low Point pass. This allowed you to do certain things like if you had a small window to throw in and the best place for the receiver was low to the ground, youd do a low point pass, you'd see the WR slide or sink to the ground and catch the ball. Like a quick slant into the endzone in a crowd. Same with high point if the best place for the WR was up over defenders, lobbing it up for him.

In Madden 19 they got rid of Possession catch. There's just Aggressive and RAC. But, as pointed out in early beta modes, the Aggressive catch seems too OP, especially when mixed in with High Point precision passing especially more so in the endzone.

The good thing tho is that the developers also tweaked things so that if you press the Aggressive catch button, but the WR is not in a good position to make an Aggressive catch, he will simply not even make a reception attempt. Commentators saying this will confuse a lot of people at first, who are so used to Madden 18. But they say it's a much much better tweak now. Button/stick skills for competitive play factored into this decision.

Good video showcasing the new animations for WR/DB interactions. Seems very balanced, which is really good.

The high point passes are more even around the field, but as he points out around 1:35, is that in the endzone, the high point pass animations seem to heavily favor the WR.

Let me rephrase my previous explanation too....

When you passed the ball, and whether you chose to manually receive or let the cpu do it, there were three triggers -- Aggressive, Possession and Run After Catch. To manually do it, you had to press a different button for each one. Ex/A for Possession, Square/X for RAC, and Triangle/Y for Aggressive. In M18, if you pressed the inappropriate button the player would still attempt the catch, sometimes catching it, or not.

As part of the controller set up, you could as QB add further touch on the ball by holding L1 as you passed and pulling the left stick either up or down for a High Point or Low Point pass. This allowed you to do certain things like if you had a small window to throw in and the best place for the receiver was low to the ground, youd do a low point pass, you'd see the WR slide or sink to the ground and catch the ball. Like a quick slant into the endzone in a crowd. Same with high point if the best place for the WR was up over defenders, lobbing it up for him.

In Madden 19 they got rid of Possession catch. There's just Aggressive and RAC. But, as pointed out in early beta modes, the Aggressive catch seems too OP, especially when mixed in with High Point precision passing especially more so in the endzone.

The good thing tho is that the developers also tweaked things so that if you press the Aggressive catch button, but the WR is not in a good position to make an Aggressive catch, he will simply not even make a reception attempt. Commentators saying this will confuse a lot of people at first, who are so used to Madden 18. But they say it's a much much better tweak now. Button/stick skills for competitive play factored into this decision.

overall mechanics and player models seem to have taken a hit and actually look worse, sad

However, best thing I saw in that video, Drew Brees looked extremely realistic, like it looked like the real Drew Brees as he dropped back to pass, at that 1:30ish mark

Unfortunately tho, when I watch a lot of game-play videos of M19....it's still essentially M18. Where Man Blitzes swamp the OL on defense, and where on offense all you do is hit constant drags and/or scramble wide and throw deep to exploit coverage AI holes.

But otherwise there is much better improvement in the WR/DB interactions specifically.

With sliders, one could perhaps remedy (to a degree) certain things to make the game at least more realistic to play.

I mean, it's an arcade game at heart, and it's the best football game out there, got no other real equal choice, and so have to still buy it and TRY via sliders.

Tho I do really like the look of Maximum (and Axis to a lesser extent), support them so that in a few years they CAN get closer to Madden.

btw what ever happened to 'top contributor' list?
The players look s**t. Their pads.

Not sure why Top Contributor list was removed.

All 2K have to do is use the exact same code from APF 2K8, and just update graphics/etc. Don't even need the game to be licensed or have any NFL players in it. Just some generic game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back