Gaming Madden 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Well s**t... I wish I hadn't opened this thread now. It sounds like 20 is worth getting?

I bought it last year for the first time in 3 years and it was steaming hot garbage. I doubt I would've played 30 hours on it, it's as big a waste of money as I've ever experienced on a sport game. I'd decided it'd be at least another 3 years before I bought another... but is 20 worth buying for someone that just wants to play a couple of matches on a weekend?

Well s**t... I wish I hadn't opened this thread now. It sounds like 20 is worth getting?

I bought it last year for the first time in 3 years and it was steaming hot garbage. I doubt I would've played 30 hours on it, it's as big a waste of money as I've ever experienced on a sport game. I'd decided it'd be at least another 3 years before I bought another... but is 20 worth buying for someone that just wants to play a couple of matches on a weekend?
it is worth it. surprising i know

Definitely an improvement on 19', gameplay is more fluid, less glitches (that I've come across anyway). Might want to try it out before buying though.

apf 2k8 > nfl 2k6 > m10 > m20
but its very close from 1st to 4th

I found some of the college games really good fun. A little arcade-y at times, but bloody good fun nonetheless.

apf 2k8 > nfl 2k6 > m10 > m20
but its very close from 1st to 4th
M07 > M* > M20

*the one which adjusted the sliders each game based on your previous performances.

First madden I played was 07 & loved it,
Collecting those cards
Players and random events

Wasn’t there one which gave you 5th downs for a quarter?

A much much much faster relocation mode. Could design your own stadiums.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were way too many of them - especially with some of the X-factor abilities seemingly guaranteeing that some players could force multiple per game
yeah fair point.

I did think they were too regular

There were way too many of them - especially with some of the X-factor abilities seemingly guaranteeing that some players could force multiple per game
I was doing an all-madden rebuild and putting in the game stories board
After 2 games and a s**t tonne of Ezekiel Elliott fumbles I just went **** this and didn't continue
Will get back to it and do it right now

I was doing an all-madden rebuild and putting in the game stories board
After 2 games and a s**t tonne of Ezekiel Elliott fumbles I just went **** this and didn't continue
Will get back to it and do it right now

Did you promote Kellen Moore to HC?

Dolphins in QB1 are just stupid hard, and this is before the Tunsil/Stills trade has processed. Wilson keeps getting injured and no matter the coverage it’s like you are getting blitzed. Only on All-Pro too. Bloody hell.

Dolphins in QB1 are just stupid hard, and this is before the Tunsil/Stills trade has processed. Wilson keeps getting injured and no matter the coverage it’s like you are getting blitzed. Only on All-Pro too. Bloody hell.
short pass slants is your best friend

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

It's the best version we've had in many years. That being said I still think defense at times is near impossible. Good luck getting a remotely consistent pass rush.

I'm.also finding it harder to track the ball when controlling a DB, though I'm not sure if that's due to the touchy controls of the game or if it's because my hands aren't 100% functional yet since my illness.

On offense the run game is so much better. Can actually run in I formations and have proper blocking sequences set up for you.

What needs to improve is the franchise mode. Hasn't really changed for a few years and it's getting a tad stale. Sucks as well that none of.the LA teams or the Raiders play in their new stadiums when you finish season 2019 either. The relocation process is still crappy. Should be some storylines to the franchise stuff in general imo.

What needs to improve is the franchise mode. Hasn't really changed for a few years and it's getting a tad stale. Sucks as well that none of.the LA teams or the Raiders play in their new stadiums when you finish season 2019 either. The relocation process is still crappy. Should be some storylines to the franchise stuff in general imo.

Sadly I don't think this is ever getting better. The reason I've gone from getting Madden and FIFA every 1-2 years to every 3 years at best is the push to keep gouging customers through online games and the associated pay-to-win bullshit that is pushing all development towards how EA can increase micro-transactions.

For those of us that just want to play for couple of hours each weekend and aren't interested in the online stuff against nerds who are playing it for several hours a day, you're only getting tinkers with the gameplay and updated rosters nowadays.

Sadly I don't think this is ever getting better. The reason I've gone from getting Madden and FIFA every 1-2 years to every 3 years at best is the push to keep gouging customers through online games and the associated pay-to-win bulls**t that is pushing all development towards how EA can increase micro-transactions.

For those of us that just want to play for couple of hours each weekend and aren't interested in the online stuff against nerds who are playing it for several hours a day, you're only getting tinkers with the gameplay and updated rosters nowadays.
Sports games have been ruined by ultimate team and other variations.

Used to buy 2K and FIFA most years until their card modes became massive. Since then they’ve been incredibly lazy with additions to other modes.

Madden has turned me off ever since they changed Franchise mode to connected career or whatever it is called. I’m tempted to buy this year’s version but it looks like it’s the exact same garbage mode? Unfortunately it’s miles off what 2K’s MyLeague offers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back