Gaming Madden 20

rumply

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, 76ers
its definitely smoother, but faster (personally i dont like that)
Looked at a couple yt vids & yeah it looks more fluid.

Downloading it now, $90 with ea access isn't too bad I suppose, guess it'll be in the shops shortly for $75-$80 but just saved a hunge on gamepass so got money to burn...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

captain cotch 9

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Jets
Mines been glitchy. I was in the 4th quarter of the championship game in college and it froze and kicked me out...blokes legs and arms are going everywhere as well. Hope an update is coming soon

rumply

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, 76ers
Enjoying the face of the franchise but had to adjust the fumble sliders, receivers were literally fumbling every second possession in the first season game I played, drove me spare & looking on reddit, it's an issue many are having, in franchise as well.

Game play feels much better than 19.

Dirty Bird

Pokémon Master
Aug 1, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#BostonStrong #RiseUp
Enjoying the face of the franchise but had to adjust the fumble sliders, receivers were literally fumbling every second possession in the first season game I played, drove me spare & looking on reddit, it's an issue many are having, in franchise as well.

Game play feels much better than 19.
I had zeke fumble it 3 or 4 times in the first half of a game.
Had to quit.
Will redo things once good sliders have been developed

For the time being. It’s trophy hunting.

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
in every girl's wet dream ℠
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ravens-Dolphins Hurricanes-Terps
I will be spending a lot of time setting up my Custom offensive and defensive playbooks...testing them in Practice mode....whittling plays away, deleting, trimming. And then when I'm content. Will look at the other stuff in the game. But i imagine for a week or so I'll be doing the above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
im growing fond of M20 for a number of reasons....

1. the smoothness of carrying the ball is nice
2. a ton of new (and improved animations), including WRs batting the ball away when the pass is errant to prevent an INT.
3. just when you think the game is too inclined for drag routes or deep shots or man blitz or scrambling QBs, etc, the game balances itself and drag routes quickly get broken up, deep passes get broken up or INT'd, man blitz fails, and scrambling QBs get pwned. ie, a good blend of things work but you cant rely on them constantly.....and this is on the default All Madden setting.
4. default all madden setting is JUST LIKE someone made all-pro harder or made All Madden a little easier/realistic with sliders. You can play on All Madden and get an enjoyable realistic challenging but not ridiculously god-like CPU from it.

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
5. the speed threshold thing has been fixed....so unlike m19 where if you got open as a fast WR and sprinted to the endzone, in M19 you'd run out of gas in 10 yards, and/or get caught from behind by slow LBs even tho they ran out of gas, they're still ridiculously faster than your speedier player. that is gone now.

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The run game is alot harder in M20 as opposed to previous Maddens.

However as the game goes on and the d gets tired running becomes easier

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
if you run spread-like formations, causing the D to get into nickel/dime type formations, then it is easier to run. if you go i-form on 1st, they'll have a heavy run-focused formation AND play called and you've got little chance.

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
after initially overloading my custom playbook with tons of jet touch passes, fake jets, reverses, rpo's etc....ive started to whittle them all back again. find they aren't THAT great plus it's more just not my style as an OC to call such things. I like to GO DEEP man.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
It's fun. Been grinding to get the 86 Baker Mayfield card lately.

Finding it easier to get really good players already though 2 weeks in. I swear 2 years ago when I was playing you'd be lucky to get an 85 card this early.
yeah building up your team to a decent level hasn't taken that long.

But then I play some guy who has 3 90+ players and I am like wtf?

Top Bottom